Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What are your work day milestones?

I know exactly what you mean. Right now, I'm only working three hour shifts at work, but I'm basically just a warm body to keep the office open, and there's not usually much to do. So first - check the phone messages.

30/45 minutes later, I go get a drink of water from the opposite end of the building where the only drinking fountain is.
    at the halfway point, I go check the mail.
    30 minutes more and I usually go freshen up my makeup and/or get another drink.

Like clockwork. If I actually have work to do, I fit it in between my more important schedule. When I don't have work, I surf micechat, obviously.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• decorating

At first recess, or a passing period if I'm subbing middle school, I text my husband with the kind of kids I have.
    If they are irritating, it makes me feel better.
    Lunch is also a huge thing- I always pray for later lunch, then it's less time till I leave.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I get to work about 7:30am....after my morning workout.

I get my coffee and water and open my yogurt and eat it....all the while nursing my protein shake.

I hope something big will happen - and it does - 10:30 rolls around and my co-worker and I take a walk up to Newport Avenue and back to the office in about 15 minutes - and a total walk of about a mile.

Lunch comes around at 1pm....so I munch on food and listen to the radio as I relax in the car at the park about 2 blocks away.....

Lunch ends and 330 rolls around and it's time for another brisk walk to Newport Avenue again.........and before you know it, 430 is here and it's time to go home......

My job is pretty 'slow'........and these are the highlights of my day. Toss in there another cup or two of coffee and another 3 or 4 bottles of water......a granola bar, an apple and later, an orange....and those are the highlights of my day - those milestones that 'get me through'.......

• Goofy

wow. I wish I was doing that disneyland daddy.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    wow. I wish I was doing that disneyland daddy.
    Why?

• no flash photography...

It depends on what job function I'm doing. At the this time my goal is to get as much done before noon, because after noon it's difficult to reach the east coast. Time flies by in the morning. We come back from lunch at 1:00pm and then there's only 2 hours left to work.

Today went by really fast, because I got to work California and California has updated websites. So, I got to happily work away while listening to my ipod. I love those days.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Why?

Seems like fun leisure time

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    Seems like fun leisure time
    I guess........I'm the type of person that needs 'action action action' - and I want work to do....so the day moves along. I guess if I could sit on the computer and websurf all day, I would...and fact is, I probably could...but I work next to someone who reads every single thing I look at.......for instance, the other day I was emailing him on something, and instead of waiting for me to finish and send the email, he answered it while I was typing it - because he was reading my screen. It's quite unnerving........

I work odd hours and by the time i get to work, my buddy in the cubie next to me is already going on lunch!! Pretty wacky.

As soon as I get to work, i check voice mail and email to make sure nothing urgent needs my attention. Then I go fill up my water bottle with ice and water and toast my bagel or make my oatmeal.
    After that, I go to my work list and do all of the things I had leftover from the day before. By now, i've been working probably 2 hours straight so i take a break and refill my ice water. I'm not a coffee drinker and I stay away from caffiene so I just stick with water.
    If i don't "schedule" breaks into my day, i'll work right thru them and not notice so i use my Outlook reminders. It works pretty well and it makes me leave my desk to go for a quick walk around the building or have a chat with a work buddy. As long as i've left my desk for at least 10 minutes, i feel refreshed and can get back to work.
    After more working, it's lunch time and my girlfriends and I take our sack lunches into the breakroom and catch up on office gossip or other stuff...hehehehe
    We never go out for lunch except for on paydays (every other Friday) as a treat. It gets too expensive if i don't bring my lunch and breakfast everyday.

The rest of the day is just more working with a break in the middle (thanks to my reminders). My day is pretty organized.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Goofy

un nerving , that would make me quite scared

• Circle of Ancients

Interesting thread.

I don't have any work day milestones because I pretty much see one client after another the entire five hours I 'm at work and when I'm not seeing clients
    I'm getting caught up on their charts.

I'm lucky if I get a food break or bathroom break and it can't last more than about 5 minutes tops.

• Minion

Depending on when I get there, I start anytime between 3 and 5. It just depends if I'm tired or not and how much sleep I want. It also depends on if I want to deal with customers or not. The customers start appearing in herds at about noon and just get worse as the day goes on.

3:00 - 4:00 AM
    I have an hour to do counts on what we didn't sell and what we donate to various local charity groups.
    4:00 - 4:40 AM
    Restock my product wall.
    4:40 - 5:30 AM
    Drizzle icing on the danishes and put out breakfast product.
    5:30 - 6 AM
    Finish up what I need to and take a break.
    6:00 - 6:15 AM
    Screw around on the computer while doing my load order. I have to be super careful with this actually, the stuff that I order generates about $1900 a day, $2500 on a good day.
    6:15 - 7:00 AM
    Start busting out stuff to make for the next day.
    7:00 - 8:00 AM
    Lunch although I usually work through my lunch. If I stop for too long I lose my momentum and it's never the same after that.
    8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
    Assist our main baker in whatever way needed. He gets there at 3, the same time I like to, so we get done at the same time.

I'm always looking at the clock to make sure I'm on schedule in the first part of the day, the second half where I'm just helping is a bit more calm but always appreciated.

• Circle of Ancients

Since my days are always different, and the work-location is different many times, I don't really have a routine. Which is good in some ways, bad in others.

I don't have the luxury of checking my emails only a few times a day, I pretty much have it up at work and at home (for at least the first few hours after going home).

Don't really have a set schedule either. Just need to get my work done. Sometimes I'll work a few hours and be done, sometimes I'll work 10 hours and not be close to done. It just depends on where I am in my deliverable process for a project.

8:00 - Answer Phones (Customer Service calls for a Goverment Agency)
    10:00 - 10:15 - Break
    12:00 - 12:45 - Lunch
    3:00 - 3:15 - Break
    4:30 - Home

Occasional surfing the web, clock watching & shooting the breeze with co-workers.

Retirement.
    Last edited by william; 06-18-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast