Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

What are your work day milestones?

You know, those times in your day that you do every day at work, to actually GET you through your day.

I have many, many milestones.

When I finish my bottle of water (usually by 10am) I then drink part of the vitaminwater I will have for lunch. I'll nurse on that until 11ish and then POOF, lunchtime is only an hour away!

Lunchtime, which is at noon.

I never drink my whole vitaminwater at lunch (we have 20 ouncers here), so around 1:30 I go get that from the fridge. POOF only 2.5 hours left.

I also check my email at certain times. It gives me something to look forward to. My times: when I arrive at work. 10am. 11:30am. 1pm. 2:30pm and then before I go home.

OK now after looking at my list I appear to be neurotic

But I can't be the only one with this affliction. So please show me that I'm not alone. Share your work day milestones.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: What are your work day milestones?

There are times I really wish my days at work could even be so orderly. For me, as soon as I show up I right down a list of the times for each ice resurface. As I complete each one I cross it off. Watching that list get smaller and smaller really helps me know that the day is actually progressing.

• Senior Minion

Well, where I worked before was an old school building so we had to abide by the bells. There was a bell for everything - morning bell, break bell, lunch bell, break bell, and end of day bell (and it rang for the start and end of the breaks and lunch).

Now where I work the only milestone is this one guy who always leaves at 4pm. I get so busy with my work I don't pay much attention to the clock until he leaves, then I know it's almost time for me to go.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

8:00 when I start.

12:00 when I go to lunch.

5:00 when I leave.

Everything else is just filler.

• Minion

Blog Entries

3, we do homework
    4 is breaktime
    5:30 half my kidsare gone and it's only an hour to go!

• Banned User

I do ten minutes of work, get on the computer, 20 minutes of work computer.... snack computer, read paper computer.take a nap..... computer home its always a good day at work!! ( oh and the computer time is not work )

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    I do ten minutes of work, get on the computer, 20 minutes of work computer.... snack computer, read paper computer.take a nap..... computer home its always a good day at work!! ( oh and the computer time is not work )

So let me get this straight. You snack on computers, and read paper computers? I'm confused

• My liver hurts!

I get in at 7:30, list everyones morning duties then set up registers for the day and get the daily price of gold. Meander around until 9 when the shop opens, attempt to look busy for lunch at 11(half hour only), then hope there are customers throughout the day until our 5:30 closing(then cross fingers that noone comes in with a long transaction to drag the day out another hour)!! Put merchandise away then close out registers, wait for the stragglers so everyone can walk to the parking lot together then cheerily drive home!!

If it wasn't for my blackberry/micechat bathroom breaks I wouldn't be able to make it through the day!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Start time: 8:30
    Lunch: anytime between 12:00-12:30 (I bring from home and eat at my desk while I check MC and stuff)
    Afternoon Break (if I have time for one): 3:00 or 3:30
    End of Day: 4:30

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i work night shift in a hospital and when 5am rolls around and the people from the lab arrive on our floor to draw the patients blood for their morning lab work...that's when i know its almost quitting time
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    So let me get this straight. You snack on computers, and read paper computers? I'm confused
    yeah something like that.. I read the local paper on my computer... my work is needless to say.... almost perfect in every way. and I snack while in front of the computer to. well not so much now, I am just eating fruit these days.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Given the fact that Monday's and Tuesdays are busy days for me an my associates, time goes by pretty fast so I don't have much milestones to look foward to on those days because we are too busy unlading the truck. But on the rest of the days that I work, I look foward to ever other hour. Then I look foward to my lunch break. I like to take my break atleast 2-4 hours before I actually have to clock out and go home. Yes, there have been days where I worked from morning to night and took my lunch at about 3 or 4 PM because they serve as a reminder that they day is almost over. But once I get back from lunch, the hours seem to drag .

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    8:00 when I start.

12:00 when I go to lunch.

5:00 when I leave.

Everything else is just filler.

6:00 am when i start
    - clean the stockroom, sweep and bale the boxes, take the trashes from all depts.

- Seperate go backs from markdowns
    - Clean breakroom
    8:00 - Break time

10:00 1 hour lunch

3:00 End of the day.

The rest is just random and filler.

• Banned User

I go to lunch at 2:00 for an hour and a half. I opt not to take any break before then, so, after lunch....I have a really short afternoon left! It's heaven!

• Loves Fajita!

Lets see, I dont usually take a lunch or actual breaks at work...

I get in between 7-8. Around 9 the coffee is done and I fill up my 32 ounce water bottle and break out the baby carrots and start snacking. I heat up my lunch around 11:15, and eat at my desk. Before I try to re-focus I make a run to the cafeteria for a refill on Ice water, usually its about 11:45.

At that point I need to regroup quickly, I lose my ability to focus or be productive every day between 2:30 and 3:00. Once that time comes I snack on an apple or something. After my snack I take it easy for the day, I am almost out of there. I leave every day between 3:30 and 4 (earlier on Fridays).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast