•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Mice Chat - It's not just about Disney anymore, or is it?

So why do you log on MiceChat each day? What keeps you coming back?

I came here originally in 2005, because I was planning a first time trip to Disneyland. I asked a lot of questions, and I got my answers, quickly and accurately. I visited Disneyland, and I kept visiting MiceChat too. By that time, I started reading MiceChat for more Disneyland stuff, but quite frankly, I read it for other reasons.

I realized that there were a lot of fun people here. They were posting about other things besides Disney stuff. At first, I was bashful, and I didn't talk too much about myself. However, once you get me started, well then I don't stop.

I realized that MiceChat was the greatest Disney site on the web, but it was also a great place to hang out with people.

A lot has changed. We now have Gold, and Friends, and Social Groups, and our own arcade. You can Blog, and Debate, and even lurk, if you like. There's something here for everyone, if you just spend a little time here, you realize this.

So I keep up with the latest Disney News, and I talk to my friends. It doesn't get any better than this anywhere else on the web.

• My liver hurts!

Re: Mice Chat - It's not just about Disney anymore, or is it?

I think it's a GREAT hodgepodge of everything!!!
    I started posting more in April of this year and have since met a couple of MCers in person and must say that is a great aspect of this!!!
    It's a great way to discuss anything and everything!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• Delawarean Girl

I have always looked at MiceChat a place to talk to other Disney Fans and talk about other interests I might have or listening to others. I remember there was a saying that said "There's more to this world then just Disney' and it was somewhere on MiceChat and I loved that message very much and strongly loved it towards MiceChat. Because, that is the kind of place I'm looking for. A place that loves Disney, but yet doesn't mind if you go about any topic beyond Disney.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

^ I agree completely, I have other interests (hard to believe I know) outside of Disney and its good to find a place I can discuss them and find others who like them as well!

• Circle of Ancients

It was our common interest in Disney that brought most of us here. But in the 3 years since MiceChat has grown to become much more than "Disney".

We found some of our best friends on this site.

There have been couples who met on this site, and some are even getting married.

• Bucket List Car

I came here from Yesterland, then got hooked on all the Disneyland updates/info. My favorites are the trip reports; puts me right in the middle of the park even though I am so far away now.

I also love getting to know everyone who shares the common love for Disney.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Its absolutely amazing how this site has changed peoples lives... including my own. The connection to so many other people, in so many different places, on so many different levels is what amazes me most about this site. I've said before... Come for the Disney, stay for the friendships!! I've not only connected to friends, but have learned more about Disney as a side benefit!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Mischievous Mouse

I first was searching the internet for travel arrangement tips, one of the google search returns included a link to MC. I began reading. Soon I was immersed in all the knowledge and the enthusiasm that I was rarely encountering on other forums on the internet. I felt, at home here. I decided to join. At first it was inspirational, then educational. Any question I had was quickly and courteously answered. I felt very appreciated.

I don't spend much time on the computer/internet on weekends, it's mostly dedicated to my lovely family, yet a weekday is incomplete without dropping in on this wonderful and friendly place, I call it my Disneyland away from Disneyland. The second happiest place on earth.

-Mike

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I came. I saw. I conquered. I stayed. I'm hooked. Best. Site. Ever!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    So why do you log on MiceChat each day? What keeps you coming back?

I came here originally in 2005, because I was planning a first time trip to Disneyland. I asked a lot of questions, and I got my answers, quickly and accurately. I visited Disneyland, and I kept visiting MiceChat too. By that time, I started reading MiceChat for more Disneyland stuff, but quite frankly, I read it for other reasons.

I realized that there were a lot of fun people here. They were posting about other things besides Disney stuff. At first, I was bashful, and I didn't talk too much about myself. However, once you get me started, well then I don't stop.

I realized that MiceChat was the greatest Disney site on the web, but it was also a great place to hang out with people.

A lot has changed. We now have Gold, and Friends, and Social Groups, and our own arcade. You can Blog, and Debate, and even lurk, if you like. There's something here for everyone, if you just spend a little time here, you realize this.

So I keep up with the latest Disney News, and I talk to my friends. It doesn't get any better than this anywhere else on the web.

it's definitely a broader site and it also makes things easier when there's a WEEKLY meet for anyone!

I used to be a part of a Star Wars toy message board... but where are you gonna have a weekly meet? Toys'r'Us? Creeeepy! I don't even post in the toy section anymore! I post in the parts about everything else!

But Disney... it IS everything else. It's a part of everything and I think it's part of what makes this community so strong. It's part of why Disney is #5 on Forbes list of most reputable companies.

While we can all disagree on a great many things, our love for all things Disney (except for high school musical) outshines the bad.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    While we can all disagree on a great many things, our love for all things Disney (except for high school musical) outshines the bad.
    And that's one of the best part about this community, is that even if you disagree with someone, you at least share a common passion for something.

And THE best part? Knowing that I have true friends I can meet in a place I love EVERY week. That we are open to anyone and everyone, and that the community is all about sharing the experience with others. I feel that that is what makes us the "Different Look", is that we have a real-life community that cares about one another and keeps us strong.
    -Monorail Man

• Seasick

The weekly meets are probably the main reason I gravitated to Mice Chat. As a non-local, it was nice to be able to meet some fellow fans no matter which week I was in Anaheim. No other Disney discussion board has that as far as I know.

And you have to have discussions about other topics. If you don't, people won't stay. You can only discuss how reasonably priced churros are, or how five year-olds in double-wide strollers are the downfall of humanity, so many times before it's just the same topics over and over and over again. Being able to also discuss the latest movie or video game, keeps me coming back.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

While Disney is what I enjoy chatting about the most it is great there are so many other options here. If it were Disney alone I'd get burnt out really quick.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    The weekly meets are probably the main reason I gravitated to Mice Chat. As a non-local, it was nice to be able to meet some fellow fans no matter which week I was in Anaheim. No other Disney discussion board has that as far as I know.

And you have to have discussions about other topics. If you don't, people won't stay. You can only discuss how reasonably priced churros are, or how five year-olds in double-wide strollers are the downfall of humanity, so many times before it's just the same topics over and over and over again. Being able to also discuss the latest movie or video game, keeps me coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    While Disney is what I enjoy chatting about the most it is great there are so many other options here. If it were Disney alone I'd get burnt out really quick.
    And I think thats a key point. While we have our foundation in Disney, we're so much more than just that! Its that variety and difference, yet with the basics behind us that make this place as alive as it is!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.