Blog Entries

This thread is G rated

The G is for Games.

Do you play games with your Children?
    Did your parents play games with you?
    What is your favorite board game?
    What is your favorite card game?
    What is your favorite video game?
    When it comes to games, are you more a participant, or a spectator?

I have a funny story about kids playing games. We use to visit my aunt, who was also my mom's twin sister. There was 4 of us siblings, visiting our 4 cousins. It would be time to leave for home and my mom and aunt, would be saying good bye at the front door. My brother and my boy cousin, would be in the middle of a board game. My mom would say, we are leaving, so do not start that game. My mom and aunt, would continue to talk (we are big talkers in our familY). Well the boys would finish their game and begin another, before the two moms finished saying good by. Always thought that was funny.

Have you played a game with your kids lately? I never played games with my parents, but lost a lot of Monopoly to my brother. He taught me the game of baseball. I have had much bonding with my grandson over games. My older son and I played a few, when he was growing up. There was one called Creature Features, that I remember, from the 70's.

Bonding over games. Get to know a lot about a person, if you just take the time to play, something as simple as a game..

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: This thread is G rated

*Editing to add that I didn't answer your questions: Yes, play games with my children. Yes, my parents played with me. Fave board game is LIFE. Favorite card game is Scat (they play in Massachusetts where my Dad is from) but to play with the kids, Uno. Favorite video game is Tetris. I'm more of a participant than spectator unless it comes to actual sports, LOL!

All the time, we play games all the time in our house. some I can think of are: Candyland, Disney Monopoly, Yahtzee, LIFE, Twister, Disney Sorry, Disney Clue, Connect 4 to others like Disney Scene-It - we play tons of them and it's so much fun! We play a few card games at times, too. And we're big on hide and seek inside the house, duck-duck-goose, ring around the rosie... yeah, it's a little weird but FUN!! Our Candyland game has seen better days, so I'm hoping to get a new one for my 2-year-old for her birthday so we can carry on.

As a kid, we played games all the time with our parents. Mostly the same ones I listed above. My Dad always cheated, at least we accused him of it since he won a lot. Monopoly and Scrabble were the ones we played most but LIFE has always been my favorite.

My favorite story that I always remind my Dad and brother of... I was a senior in high school and my brother and I were playing Pictionary with our parents. Boys against girls. My Dad draws this figure that looks like a gingerbread man and a vertical line next to him. My brother guesses, "Tadpole?" and we accuse them of cheating, of course! I say, "What is that?!" and my Dad goes, "That's a pole... and that's Tad?" We laughed for days about that and I've never forgotten it!! They never have fessed up about cheating, though. Those silly boys!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Do you play games with your Children? NO! The little bastards can rot in HELL for all I care. Oh wait I dont have kids

Did your parents play games with you? Yes they taught me gambling games, Tripoley and Oh Hell (I'm not kidding either).

What is your favorite board game? Life and Mousetrap.

What is your favorite card game? Tripoley

What is your favorite video game? Galaxian

When it comes to games, are you more a participant, or a spectator? Depends on the game but usually participant.

• Rock Star Minion

We have UNO cards. Sorry! board as well as a couple Harry Potter games (one trivia, one a board game that involves creating a 3-D Hogwarts.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Just Me

I play a lot of games at MSN Game Zone, mostly word games.

The Boy and I play video games together, like Mario Kart and Mario Party 6. We also play board games together. I bought the Simpson's version of Life. That was fun when we got Hubby to take time to play.

I learned a mess of card games from my paternal Grandma growning up. When she would come to visit I couldn't wait to get home and she never disappointed me. She would always be ready at the kitchen table with a deck of cards. I still have a great love of card games-any card games.

I think I am going to go find The Boy's Disney Sorry game so we can talk about his first day of school and just enjoy some Mommy & Boy time together.

Great Thread!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Do I play games with my children? Not any more, she's almost 24 and doesn't live with me. Do we play games when I visit or she visits me. No... can't get her to play games anymore.

Did my parents play games with me? Um... on occasion I think they did. I learned to play Canasta almost in utero. We had many a family/friend/neighbor marathon of canasta over the years.

Favortie Board Game? Maybe Aggravation. Don't really have a fav board game per se.

Video Game? Don't play video games. Don't even own a working vidoe game. (Have an Intellevision in the closet).

Depends on the game if I play or not. If I know how I might. Unless its Charades... I HATE, LOTHE AND DESPISE charades.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Man O Lantern

Games, games, games!! I love games.

We play Clue FX, Life (I managed to pick up an old version withOUT all the stupid changes they made!), Disney Uno, Star Wars Life, Disney Monopoly, Disney Sorry and Guess Who pretty much everyday. We have a ton more. But those are the ones we play most often.

I get suckered into playing Candyland all the time with my four year old. I have the cards shuffled a certain way....every other card is a double card and she gets those. Plus, I make sure I never ever get Queen Frostine and that she never ever gets Plumpy. It keeps the peace.

I collect board games....I think they're excellent teaching tools and family bonding times. I'm a sucker for any newly advertised game....I tend to run out and buy them.

My husband and I play cards and cribbage and Sequence....and a variety of Trivial Pursuits--I think we have all the editions that I've ever heard of. We play games all the time. We'll turn on a good CD, pour a glass of wine and play. I prefer those evenings to our movie-watching nights.

With a group I love to play Taboo. Geeky? Sure, but I don't care. I think it's hilarious!!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    With a group I love to play Taboo. Geeky? Sure, but I don't care. I think it's hilarious!!
    If you like that, you should try Guesstures. Totally geeky but so much fun! It's kinda like charades, so it gets more fun as you have a few drinks. My girlfriends and I get together often for a girls night in and we play this, big fun!!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

When I was a kid we never played games as a family.

My family has always played games.
    Fav games at the moment are chess and texas hold'em poker.
    Others we like, Risk, Monopoly and all the Trivial Pursuits ( we use the cards on car trips)..

• Que que no-tu-rah.

Do you play games with your Children?
    Well if I had children I certainly would play games with them. Until such a time though I really enjoy playing games with my friends children.

Did your parents play games with you?
    My mom played more with us than my dad did.

What is your favorite board game?
    Clue

What is your favorite card game?
    Flux

What is your favorite video game?
    Well I love so many of them, but my all-time favorite would probably be Tetris.

When it comes to games, are you more a participant, or a spectator?
    I'm always game to try out a new game. When it comes to sports however, I'm a spectator only.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?