Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

How do you get to sleep?

I've been having trouble sleeping lately so I've been going from method to method to find something that works.

My latest endeavor is a melatonin supplement. Anyone else tried this?

I've also been trying to get off my bed unless I'm sleeping. So no TV watching or computing in my bed and I try to turn off all of it about half an hour before I sleep, also if I'm in the mood I'll try to do some breathing meditation. So far its been working ok.

If I take enough tylenol pm I usually sleep but the next day is hard. So I try to avoid it.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• love my friends

Re: How do you get to sleep?

Yep tui i have tried that, doesnt seem to work for me

I usually do the tylonel pm thingy but your right the next day I feel like CRAP

but that is the only thing that seems to work for me, so i suffer first thing in the morning

sorry I am not that much of a help.. you are doing what I have been doing

Friends for life

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

what has really helped me when i cant sleep is take 2 calcium supplements a couple hours before bed and that usually relaxes me so i sleep better.

•   
    • My liver hurts!

I usually can't sleep without the tv on...but I can't be looking at it!!

Weird...but that's how I have to sleep!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Tylenol pm and the Ken Burns Baseball PBS series. But almost any biography dvd, if slow enough, will suffice. 15 minutes of that and I'm out like a light. Melatonin is probably easier on your stomach though, and probably doesn't leave you with the hangover. But I highly recommend a dvd with a narrative voice in a low, steady, hypnotic tones.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I have some rituals that I do. If I have been using my computer all day, I make sure to turn the fan on to get the air circulating for atleast a few hours before bedtime. Atleast it won't be stuff when I sleep .

Then I don't listen to music for atleast a few hours before I go to bed. I found out that if I really get into a song right before bedtime, it would get my mind going non stop for several hours.

• love my friends

i ha ve been taking xanex lately yes I have for stress

it puts me to sleep alright but werid dreams so weird

and lately tylonel pms are doing that, maybe something is wrong with me

i have tired the soothing music, etc. it does not help me at all NEVER

Friends for life

• The mouse that Rocks

I used to get this stuff for free when I worked for Nutrilite.
    http://www.quixtar.com/products/prod...x?itemno=A8992
    it works pretty good and you can probably find the same thing in a GNC store.
    Word of caution it does have a very distinct smell that might turn you off from using it but if ya need sleep it will work.
    --MusicMouse
    Join The one Campaign. make poverty history.

Check out SILAS a band from Eugene Oregon
    Peep 'em here:

The official band page
    Help the musicians of New Orleans bring back the music at
    MusicRising.org

Amnesty International

• Triple Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    I've been having trouble sleeping lately so I've been going from method to method to find something that works.

I've also been trying to get off my bed unless I'm sleeping. So no TV watching or computing in my bed and I try to turn off all of it about half an hour before I sleep, also if I'm in the mood I'll try to do some breathing meditation. So far its been working ok.

If I take enough tylenol pm I usually sleep but the next day is hard. So I try to avoid it.
    My son has asperger's syndrome and with it came high anxiety. The poor kid was so restless at night. Some nights, I actually heard him experience his nightmares. It was so awful. Of course, all of this was before he was diagnosed, so I had no idea what was wrong with him. His doctor told me about the melatonin and it works GREAT for him. He takes it about an hour before bedtime and sleeps PEACEFULLY through the whole night. He wakes up well rested. And since it is a natural hormone, it doesn't have weird side affects.

• Minion

I'v had trouble falling asleep as well.
    If worse comes to worse, I just take Benadryl. I have mild allergies so it does help anyway, but unless I can't sleep and i'm desperate i'll take some.
    But i'v noticed if I have candy or something to eat or drink with ANY sugar (like juice) a couple hours before bed, i'm up ALL night.

• no flash photography...

I was prescribed medication to help with my sleep. i don't have to take it every night, but it works really well. My insomnia is anxiety related. I'm also the lightest sleeper ever...so i wear ear plugs and sometimes noise will still wake me up, but not when I take my prescription. I don't wake up groggy after I take my prescription. I just feel really well rested.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

It's been said that excessive computer usage before bed, messes with your sleep patterns. I try to stop at least 30 minutes prior to bed.

I've I'm having a bad night, I just ge tup and watch tv until I feel groggy enough to go back.

• Is it summer yet???

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    I bought some from Costco, it seems to work well. I can never figure out if it's actually "working" or if I experience a "placebo" effect and sleep simply because I know I took it. I'm going to take it tonight, so let's see. I also have to wear earplugs (more than I'd like to) because my hubby (and the dog) snore up a storm!!
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Hey Tui,

Try allergy pills. Just the cheap ones not the pricey ones. Make sure you have a glass of water by the bed because those allergy pills dry you out. They don't make you are groggy as the PM pills the following morning.

Don't take Tylonol PM too often. I have a cousin that has liver damage from taking too many too often.

Good luck pal!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
    I bought some from Costco, it seems to work well. I can never figure out if it's actually "working" or if I experience a "placebo" effect and sleep simply because I know I took it. I'm going to take it tonight, so let's see. I also have to wear earplugs (more than I'd like to) because my hubby (and the dog) snore up a storm!!
    I hear that. My BF snores like crazy. Sometimes he still wakes me up even when I have the ear plugs in. However, I'm also a light sleeper. I slight breeze was barely moving the vertical blinds in the living room one night and I was in the guest room sleeping. It woke me up. I sat straight up and was thinking "what was that?" I used to sleep through anything. I don't know what happened.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast