Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• World Traveler

Psychic Questions for my Cat

I've had my kitty Julie for a few years now and we've become quite the family. Every once in a while she does some strange things - typical cat stuff I guess - but I have often wondered what she was thinking and doing what she does.

A while back, I heard a pet psychic on the radio and thought this would be an interesting thing to do. I've contacted this person, sent a photo of Julie and set up a phone appointment so Julie can "talk" to us.

Although I don't usually believe in all this psychic stuff, I am open to the possibilities. OK ... I'm skeptical. If you have any insight with psychic, please let me know your thoughts.

Last night, the psychic sent us an e-mail asking us for a "list of questions to ask Julie." Now I'm thinking that if I send the questions, that will give some information about Julie and it won't be as authentic.

What questions should I send to the psychic that will prove her abilities, but still answer some of the questions that I do have?

Thanks!

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

Re: Psychic Questions for my Cat

Ask her what the cat's favorite treat is, you probably know what the cat prefers and there are a lot of possibilities to the answer on her end.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Favorite toy?

• or CBF

Ask questions to which you already know the answers to, but are not totally obvious.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Winter in Oceanside...

This is very cool! Can't wait to hear how this comes out!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I don't have any suggestions, but I do want to commend you on a fine, fine thread title!
    A signature should go here.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Maybe ask what your kitty's favorite flavor food(fish, beef, chicken, etc) is. You probably know this, but it might also make it easier to shop for food for her. And also maybe, where is her favorite place to sleep and why.

I know, silly questions, but it's the small things that make them happy

I'm interested to hear what happens!

• Circle of Ancients

Ask her: If she's angry or upset about something, how will she show you?

• Banned User

you could ask where the last fur ball was deposited, and if she likes the current litter.

• Merry 2014!

You could ask if she's been with you in a previous life? Even if you don't believe in that, the answer could be entertaining.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Minion

maybe ask if she's happy, and if there's anything she wishes to change!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Ooops, I screwed up, I thought this was "Physic Questions for my Cat." I thought we were going to answer questions like, "If you tie a piece of buttered bread to the back of your cat and throw him off the roof, will he still land on his feet?"

As for a question to ask I don't think there is really anything you can ask that a good BSer can't manipulate to give you an answer. It may not be the answer you are expecting but they will have a reason why.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Do remember, your cat has no language of it's own...so I've always been skeptical of 'pet psychics.' I mean, ask the lady what is your cat's favorite treat, sure. But remember, your cat doesn't know a piece of chicken from your keyboard. It knows it likes 'this flavor' not 'that flavor.' But your feline doesn't have the capacity to know that it was derived from bird or plastic.

In other words, see how the psychic approaches that.

"Hmm, she likes fish!"

"Which kinds?"

"Um, salmon!"

Yeah, right. Now, if she is kinda the psychic labeled as an empath--meaning she feels what your cat is, well, that I'll buy more. But again, comments like, "your cat is angry" is a bit too vague. Of course. You forgot to empty it's litter box! But if she says it's because you had a death in your family and you are forgetting to feed her, well, that seems a bit complicated for Mr. Whiskers.

I'm being a killjoy, aren't I? I'm sorry. Smack me around when I move to Florida someday.

But do it slowly. With feeling!

Frankly, I'm curious to see what she does say. I've evaluated several 'psychics' over the years with my ghosthunting.

Peace and good luck,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Ooops, I screwed up, I thought this was "Physic Questions for my Cat." I thought we were going to answer questions like, "If you tie a piece of buttered bread to the back of your cat and throw him off the roof, will he still land on his feet?"

As for a question to ask I don't think there is really anything you can ask that a good BSer can't manipulate to give you an answer. It may not be the answer you are expecting but they will have a reason why.

My nam is Karla........ please send me a check and I will tell you all about your cat, likes dislikes and so forth. why, you do not have to have a physic in your home, i can do it long distant for you. save you time serioulsy any one can pretend to be something for the money. after all can you really ever be sure she is what she is? or that your cats acually answering her? throwing money out the door to someone to talk to your pet is pretty strange since if your a good pet owner, you know she is happy,loved and well fed.

• World Traveler

Thank you to everyone that responded to this.

The woman and I spoke last week and it was very interesting. While our conversation did not really bring any concrete proof of her abilities and it could have all been coincidence, there are a few things that make me want to believe.

1. The woman asked for a person who's name begins with the letter "K." Julie's cat sitter's name is Kim.
    2. The woman did say that Julie's favorite toy was multicolored and that it was lost. We actually have them put away in the closet for her.
    3. The most amazing thing is that I asked the woman to tell Julie not to wake me up at 4 AM any more. Ever since the call, Julie has not woken me up and I have sensed a definite change in her behavior.

Do you believe? I do now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast