• Shablagoo!

Northwest Micechat WALL E meet trip report

HI everybody! Its time once again for another NW micechat meet trip report thread (as if you could not tell from the title). Anyway, we meet today in Gig Harbor, WA to see WALL E in the new Galaxy Theater. It has only been open about 2 months now.

Before everyone got there I took some pictures of the flowers.

Army Cargo plane flying overhead.

The whole outdoor shopping complex the theater is in is brand new and just had their grand opening last weekend. We had lunch at Panera Bread.

Better Fountain picture.

MMMM sandwich. It would not be a Micechat trip report without at least one food picture.

The theater is great with stadium seating, comfy chairs, and digital projection. WALL E is terrific. I also enjoyed Presto, the cartoon short. There was a trailer for Bolt (which I liked) and Beverly Hills Chihuaha (or however you spell it). I hope Disney losses a ton of money on the Chihuaha movie. It looked terrible. Really terrible. really really terrible. Bolt looked good though.

Afterwards it was time for Ice Cream at Ben and Jerrys. We were just standing in the theater lobby talking when Tinkermonkey's Monkey (ie son) let us know it was ice cream time.

Of course afterward eating ice cream it was time for dessert. I brought out my chocolate chip cookies for the group. They were a little melty from the heat, but still good. Sorry no pictures of the cookies.

Anyways, a great time was had by all. I enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting Time4Recess. If you ever are coming this way, let us know and we'll set up a meet for you.

Attendees...
    Melonballer
    Tinkermonkey and Family
    Simply Mad, ykiki and family,
    LLEBREKNIT and daughter
    InspiredByWalt and Time4Recess

7 Micechatters, 13 total.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Northwest Micechat WALL E meet trip report

We had a great time (until I smooshed the Monkey's fingers in the car door when we were leaving) and it was SO good to see everybody! I'll get my pictures on here tomorrow.

I think it goes to show that it doesn't matter what we have for a reason to get together, we always have a great time.

So, what should we do next? Summer BBQ or picnic?
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Shablagoo!

I think that is a good idea. I will also throw Zoo back out there again, just for the heck of it.

• Circle of Ancients

Looks like your meet was a lot of fun!

I'm going to see the movie in about 5 minutes with my hubby! Can't wait.
    My kids all saw it yesterday and loved it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

A wonderful time with great friends – and an amazing Disney/Pixar movie too? Who could resist? It was time for another NW Micechatter meet and most of the usual crew were able to come out to play. For those of you unable to make it, you were missed. For those of you that haven’t come yet, please try next time. Half of our fun is just sitting and talking about life (and some great stories about the backstage machine shop at DL, but I’ll let Inspired by Walt tell that story if he wants – and maybe he’ll tell the “I was over an hour late but that’s ok” story too!).

Melonballer already documented the wonderful location – and I have to say that I am spoiled. This is my new “neighborhood” theater. I have a basic Regal cinemas 10-plex that is closer, but the cost of gas is worth the trip to see a movie in this place. And the Panera/Ben & Jerry’s/Borders Books combo is quite nice too.

Looking over my pictures, I must have been in a kid friendly mood – most, if not all, of my pictures are of the kids (or the grownups when acting like kids!). So, here you have it – the NW MC’er Wall-E meet: the kids come out to play!

Simply Mad (Ann) brought Wall-E masks for everyone! I think the original plan was to get a group shot wearing them, but on my way home I realized that we forgot to get a group shot, let alone a group shot with the masks on…oh well. I have lots of pictures of happy models:

Sawyer (my Monkey) cleverly says “Wall-EEEEEEE” instead of “cheese”

Llebreknit’s daughter was not into the Wall-E side of the mask, so she cleverly altered hers. But then she wouldn’t put it on for a picture. I got the idea that she wasn’t fond of some crazy lady taking her picture.

Thankfully, her mom DID model the beautiful butterfly mask.

AND the Wall-E mask!

Oooh – another Wall-E sighting – this time it was Inspired by Walt. Hey, anyone notice that Melonballer is mask free in both of these shots?

As I have said time and time again, the best part of any NW MC get together is all the great stories. I think this is Ann telling Time4Recess about what is in the blue bags you see on the table. (maybe Ann would like to share the story here with her pictures? ß shameless beg)

After the movie, (where I suffered with no kettle corn seasoning for my popcorn…seriously – this stuff is the best because you don’t need any candy at the theater when you use it. Perfect blend of salty and sweet) it was time to wander over for ice cream. Melonballer was right when he said that Sawyer told everyone it was time – he actually said “everybody, can we have ice cream now please?” and led the way to Ben & Jerry’s.

Obligatory “over Tiff’s shoulder” shot: (Grumpy4 will notice that I did get all their heads...

Ooh, photo op spot! How nice of the folks at Ben & Jerry’s to give us a spot to take pictures! And look – Wall-E snuck in with Time4Recess!!

Some kids wanted to do this more than others, but we did catch a quick shot of the Simply Mad/Ykiki kids

Sadly, we couldn’t catch the Monkey so Caitlyn (my Tink) was by herself.

We all enjoyed some yummy ice cream! Something about Chunky Monkey on a cone just makes it even better than in a pint…The kids all had ice cream all over their faces – the best was Llebreknit’s daughter who managed to get it on her forehead. I was too busy getting out the baby wipes to get a picture though.

Here’s a nice shot of the girls:

And their moms!

We finally got Sawyer over to the photo op and he wasn’t quite getting the right idea.

So, with Daddy’s help, he was in the right spot, sort of.

More visiting and then we all enjoyed Melonballer’s chocolate chip cookies which were warm from being in the car during the movie. I have to say that it gave them a very nice fresh baked taste and I enjoyed them very much. I nearly got cookie dough ice cream and I’m glad I didn’t!

See the cookie container – only because we ate so much during that three-part meet were there any leftovers.

A great time was had by all, including a great lunch, a great movie and then yummy dessert. But best of all was time with friends.

Until next time…

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Looks like a lot of fun, wish I could have been there, especially to try one of Melonballer's famous cookies.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun, wish I could have been there, especially to try one of Melonballer's famous cookies.
    Wish you could have been there, maybe next time. As I have said many times, if ever any Micechatter is going to be in the area let us know and we will have a meet. I will bring cookies.

• Banned User

Sorry to have missed the fun! We went to the WA state Capitol building yesterday and took the tour and then back to my area for shopping, and, then home to watch Nightmare Before Christmas and chat til late last night. Glad to see photos of the gathering. Next time....I hope to be there!

• Shablagoo!

Woot! we made the round-up!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Aww, great TR! Looks like you had such a wonderful time!

• World Traveler

Very cool get together! Thanks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Where are Ann & Rich to tell their stories? I set them up so nicely...and everyone is left wondering what I'm talking about!

• Pathetically Obsessed

Thanks Tiff!

No seriously, I loved being called out like that. Really.

Unfortunately, I don't think sharing my story on MC is a good idea as I know folks from the company read this site and I don't want to get anyone in trouble for their random act of kindness. Remember, no good deed goes unpunished!

If you are a MC'er and want to know my fun story, I'm more than happy to share it in a PM.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• Mischievous Mouse

Wow, wonderful pictures and report! Thanks for sharing.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Cake Anyone?

Man I miss the PNW but thanks for the pictures. I can't wait to go to Seattle next month for my granddaughter's 2nd birthday.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!