Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Arizona Wall-E Meet

Well, this was the warm up for the BBQ this Friday to see how many Zonies were actually brain dead enough to go out in the 110+ heat. So we met at the Harkins Cine Capri (well not really the Cine Capri since the real one was torn down and this multiplex was built 15 miles away with the same name, however) for an afternoon of Wall-E and Micechatters. Sorry that our original orginizer awaflyboy didn't get to meet up with everyone else, but there is always next time. The good news was we got to meet a new AZ face, along with a new MCer who was a really nice guy, Rod (gdwnphx) and he has already come to realization that he has to do what pratt55 says, so he fits right in with the rest of us.

Well here is a terrible picture of the Cine Capri outside.

Reserving the seats. Earkid and Goofy Golfer with nieces (right) then in the back we have KuzcoChik surrounded by Thing 1 and Thing 2 (my kids) MsThumper, Timmy55 and well you know, what's her name.......oh yeah pratt55...........

The original Cine Capri was a single screen huge theatre that was an icon to Phoenix. It was our El Capitan or Grauman's Chinsese Theater at least for the Phoenix area. It was torn down because it could be sold for the real estate for more than operating it. Harkins, whom owned the rights to the theaters naming rights re-opened a new multiplex theater in the north Phoenix/Scottsdale area and called one of the theaters the new Cine Capri. And now we have two because Harkins has opened one in the Tempe area near ASU with the Cine Capri name. Here though at this location they display original stuff from the original location, like this "P" which I was told was for pratt, but I think it has another meaning. I'll let you decide.

After the movie we had to have a group photo. What a scary bunch.......

Oh Lisa, what it wrong?

Oh never mind your stalker is following you again....

So where do we go to eat?

Someone suggested pizza but we didn't know where there was a pizza place around. So after asking the theater management the recommended going down Scottsdale Road to the blue phallic symbol sculture and turn left and we would find a pizza place.

Yep, we are on the right track.

Yeah, they had 10 minute parking. Let's see we got there at 12:45-1:00pm and I think we left sometime around 4:00-4:30pm. I don't think we could have utilized the 10 minute parking.

Well anyway we made it to Pizza Picazzo. It was a nice little pizza place.

So what do you want at a pizza place, let's check the menu.

Hmmmm, pizza sounds good but a few want a salad first. Here are the food picks, it wouldn't be MiceChat without them.

Umm, excuse me I need a picture before you grab all the pizza.

Kids pizza.

Oh and by the time the meet ended, it was decided and confirmed that this is now KuzcoPratt, Lisa's new D-I-L. We'll keep you posted on more information........at least she is happy about it....

Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Arizona Wall-E Meet

It was great fun seeing everyone yesterday and meeting gdwnphx. I have a few pictures to share.

Earkid and Goofy Golfer brought along random children they found by the street, fortunately they fit in quite well.

This is the Zonies best interpretation of the Hulk (pretty sad huh)

Dr. Earkid and Goofy golfer either trying to imitate the hulk or doing that favorite teen girl exercise, we must, we must, we must increase our bust.

You have seen the yummy lunch pictures, but fortunately for us we also have our own Zonie baker Ms. Thumper who made these yummy cupcakes.

This how Ms. Thumper advertises her business, she just puts her card on stickers and places them across her children's mouth. (no child was actually hurt during this, but please do not try this at home)

Ms. Thumper our favorite baker and her hubby the one and only DLandFansAz.

Aladdin and Kuzkochik being completely random, or else thinking about being in a car with me for 6 hours.

Me and gdwnphx at his first MC meet which happened to be a Zonie meet. Another good fit for the group.

I liked the movie well enough but lunch afterwards was a lot of fun with a lot of talking and giggling. The waiters never thought we would leave.

I can't wait till Friday for the 4th of July party. Any one in the vicinity is welcome to come we just ask that you let us know ahead of time so we have a rough head count. You can go to this link to sign up and get details.

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...que-98700.html

•   
    • PHX-DL-PHX repeat PRN

We had lots of fun getting together. Strangly enough, we Zonies see more of each other at DL than we do here in Arizona. It was great seeing everyone and attending Wall-E together. See ya real soon at the park!!

• Huh?

Hey, I think there's something wrong with the cameras; they've made my hair disappear.

It was great meeting everyone and I'm looking forward to Friday.

It's funny but I don't think I heard anyone discussing the film after we left the theater. Other times I've been to see a movie with a group, the movie was the main topic of discussion afterward.

• Banned User

Oh my gosh! I used to go to the Cine Capri all the time growing up in Phoenix! How cool that they have a display case, and, the letter P from it.

Looks like a fun meet. I felt like I was in PHX this weekend as the temps in Seattle were in the mid 90's!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Oh and by the time the meet ended, it was decided and confirmed that this is now KuzcoPratt, Lisa's new D-I-L. We'll keep you posted on more information........at least she is happy about it....

*gapes!* I actually show up to a meet and i still get picked on ridiculously :P
    If I remember correctly this was when I had about 6 people trying to badger me to come to Disneyland this weekend It's nice to feel loved

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Definitely a fun meet. And yeah, about the only things we talked about at the meet regarding the movie was "foon/spork" scene, and the need for a plush Presto Rabbit!

• GO DBACKS!!

We don't have pics cuz we forgot our camera. We aren't used to having to keep track of kids, It was fun being able to take my two nieces (one lives in the Palm Springs area and is out here for a visit) and my nephew. We all really enjoyed the movie and the company.........and the cupcakes, OMG soooooo good. We couldn't stay to go to lunch afterward since we had to attend a birthday party for a nephew on Kevin's side of the family. Sorry we missed the pizza, it looks heavenly.

It was so good to see everyone again! Cant wait for our Fabulous Phoenix Fourth party!

Thanks for all the great pics Marc and Lisa (Tim )

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Do You know?

Ok, this makes me want to move there! Well, except for the heat, of course. How did Arizona get so many great people?

Pratt I loved that you wore your Gardenwalk outfit.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney1978 View Post
    Ok, this makes me want to move there! Well, except for the heat, of course. How did Arizona get so many great people?

Pratt I loved that you wore your Gardenwalk outfit.
    Laurie I have two sons so if you move here you can have whichever one Kuzko gives you, then you'll be DisneyPratt my DIL.

Oh crap wait a minute DIL usually do not like their MIL's so forget about it. Just come to Phoenix and I'll keep you in a heart beat.

• That Guy

What a cool trip report! I'm so glad all my peeps had a nice time.

I look forward to making a meet someday!

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    What a cool trip report! I'm so glad all my peeps had a nice time.

I look forward to making a meet someday!
    Talk is cheap.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Do You know?

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Laurie I have two sons so if you move here you can have whichever one Kuzko gives you, then you'll be DisneyPratt my DIL.

Oh crap wait a minute DIL usually do not like their MIL's so forget about it. Just come to Phoenix and I'll keep you in a heart beat.
    You would not be the most feared animal in the jungle. No one could ever not like you!

Well, I did see a cute Zonie at that meet so ...

If you had this much fun at a movie I cannot wait to see the pictures of the July 4th meet.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

After the movie we had to have a group photo. What a scary bunch.......

The funny thing is, I don't remember if I even liked the newest Hulk movie!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post

So she gets a cop out, but you're perfectly willing to let me hate you :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast