Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry I walk like a duck....so what?

I just wanted to vent here. For as long as I have been able to walk, I have walked like a duck. I have duck feet which is like the opposite of pigeon feet. When I walk, my toes point to the sides rather than towards the front.

For many years now, my gait has been an object of contention between my mother and I. My mother says that the way that I walk is "manly" and it is unattractive. I have always said that no one pays attention to the way that my feet face when I walk and that if someone is going to find me unattractive because of my duck feet, then I don't really care to know this person!

When I was a teen she wanted to put me into leg braces, a la Forrest Gump, to correct the way that I walk. I'm now 26 and my mom is still harping to me about this?!?! Is it really that bad that my feet point out when I walk?!?!?

My best score ever!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: I walk like a duck....so what?

ah, who cares? I get compliments on my walk...and don't get it. I'm just walking. I don't think it's THAT big of a deal. All mother's seem to harp on something. Just because it bugs her.....doesn't mean it has to bug you. And you shouldn't let it. You're you. Everything about you...makes you you. She'll get over it.

• TR2N. Are You Ready?

I wouldn't really worry about it, but I would maybe think about getting the braces. What if it could badly affect you later on in life? You would probably regret it.

I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

• Little Miss Sunshine

I know I used to be told that in the past - not sure if I still do it, but I've not heard that comment in many years. (just that my feet pointed out like a duck - not that it was manly or anything).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband walks like that to. It's no big deal. None of us are perfect. We all have things that make us unique. Other people need to accept us for the way we are and not try and change us.

• Banned User

No there is nothing wrong with you!!! well unless you quack also and then we should worry !! or that you walk in circles? do you walk in circles, do you quack for no aparent reason??? if the answer is no.......... then your fine and still loved by us here!!! Now tell mom to quack the quack up!

Hey, just joking, but seriously if you are fine with your body and you are content then no one else should dictate your life!!

• Defying gravity

While I think it would bother me...I applaud you for accepting yourself the way that you are.

• That Guy

Unless you are in pain, or have some medical complications, walk however makes you happy and comfortable.

• Banned User

I say as long as it's not harming you in any way, it's shouldn't be something you are harped on about because you were created that way. And, I feel that how we are created is good enough for God, and, should be good enough for us! So, unless you are in pain, etc. I'd let it roll off your back, and, if it hurts your feelings...I'd tell your mom this fact.

• Circle of Ancients

Lots of people walk like ducks. As long as you're not quacking too, I wouldn't worry about it.

Our of curiosity , do/did your mom or dad ever walk like a duck? I ask because I've noticed that people usually walk the same way as the parent they're built like. If so, the next time your mom bugs you, just tell her you inherited your walk from her ( or your dad) and maybe that'll shut her up.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I fart like a duck. It's true! People are always asking "Did you just sit on a duck?"

Thank you, I'm here all week.

But seriously, if you aren't in pain and the doctor hasn't said "Do it" then what does it matter? Embrace your inner duck and say "Quack you, I am who I am!"

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

I walked like a duck when I was pregnant, and it was my dear husband that pointed it out to me. I think it is fine that you walk like that as long as you are not in any pain or discomfort.

• Banned User

there is nothing wrong with you. you are fine the way you are. okay you walk differently than others. its whats on the inside that counts. and I have heard from others on mice chat that you have a heart of gold.

• up to no good

my mom used to get on me about the duck walk, so i would try and keep my feet straight no braces involved. and eventually i got used to keeping my feet straight
    my dad has the duck walk.

• decorating

I'm pigeon-toed. It kept me from moving on in ballet when I was young (didn't have a great turnout) and I spent juniour high (my clumsy years) tripping over my own feet. A lot. (I was such a nerd That didn't help any)
    It's more one foot than another.
    I also inherited my mom's model walk (she used to do a little runway work) , but if I remember to turn my foot out, wowza.
    Every girl should know how to model walk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast