Thread: Office Prank

• off in lala land

Lightbulb Office Prank

My office has about 27-30 employees, and we work in a somewhat stressed enviornment at times. We all get along in here, but there is just some staleness in the air. I need a good harmless prank to get the blood flowing in these folks.

The office is mixed (boy/girl/gay/straight) and we are all pretty much between 21-50 and diverse.

So... who has suggestions on a good prank?
    ...it's been a long time.

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Office Prank

Pick a person who'd be a good sport about it, saran wrap over the entry to their cubicle, and fill the cubicle to the top with balloons (not helium, of course). Takes a group effort to get all those balloons blown up (think about it... filling it completely to the top is a LOT of balloons!), and it's fairly easy clean-up (keep a pin handy). Of course, this also requires doing at night, so you'd have to stay after hours with folks.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Wasn't Me!

One of my friends did a few for April' fools day.

Steal the balls out of everyones mouse. If it is optical, put a post it note over the lens and tape it down!

That one worked well!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Somewhere in our message board past, we had an awesome thread about this. It had photos and everything, like the wrap every possible thing in someone's cubicle with aluminum foil thing. It was great!
    A signature should go here.

I LOVE the aluminum foil prank! But you really have to have a weekend to do that one! (And LOTS of money for foil)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• off in lala land

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP.
    Somewhere in our message board past, we had an awesome thread about this. It had photos and everything, like the wrap every possible thing in someone's cubicle with aluminum foil thing. It was great!
    Oh fun, stylish and sleek looking... but yes, that would take a weekend job!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Gosh, the pranks we have pulled around here! Some aren't so nice, might actually tick people off, don't do those... LOL!

We have done the saran wrap over the cubicle door, filled it with popcorn and balloons, while someone was on vacation. Filled our bosses entire office with empty computer boxes, wall to wall, floor to ceiling for bosses day. Another person went on vacation and they moved a bookshelf in front of his cubicle door. He came in expecting to walk in, turned around and looked around the corner, where did they move his opening to? We have entirely covered someone's office with post-it notes, then left them a note to please pick up some more because we were running low (that was from the same email as the tin foil.)

Turn everything upside down. This works particularly well if they still have the old style monitor because the flat panel ones don't quite do as well. Open all the drawers if you can't turn them upside down, too. This works best if they have a lot of personal items around that can also be turned upside down, such as pictures.

We used to have overhead bins in our desks where the doors opened by swinging upward, the opening being in the bottom (like in an airplane.) So what you do is slide some cardboard in there with the door open, fill it with foam peanuts, close the door and slide the cardboard out. When they open it, it's such a great surprise and laugh!

Of course, no matter what, have the necessary supplies and help in cleaning up your mess!!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

yes, actually, the fill the cubicle joke is supposed to be foam peanuts (hilarious!), but I think balloons would be cleaner

• off in lala land

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    yes, actually, the fill the cubicle joke is supposed to be foam peanuts (hilarious!), but I think balloons would be cleaner
    The wonderful thing is that we have a cleaning crew that comes in at night, so mess isn't an issue, but I wouldn't want to do that to them. However, I'd love the foam peanuts idea. I just need an unsuspecting victim!! :evillaugh:

the balls in the mouse is good...so is moving all name plates outside the offices/cubes

• Banned User

hmm.. making the mouse not work would be great... that way they could get on the phone with IT and ask... why doesn't my mouse work... LOL

The other one is to take a screenshot of their desktop, then put the image up on their screen so their "icons don't work!"