• Banned User

2008 Olympics in Beijing

Whose getting ready for the 2008 Summer Olympics?

I sure am. Go U.S.A. We are going to win the most medals. It should be a great summer olympics.

Speaking of Olympics, who has been to previous Olympics or are planning to go in future Olympics?

• Banned User

Re: 2008 Olympics in Beijing

I haven't been to any Olympics yet, but i plan to go to 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and 2012 Summer Olympics in London.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLR_FAN View Post
    I haven't been to any Olympics yet, but i plan to go to 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
    me too!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    me too!!!

Have you gotten your tickets yet for 2010 olympics yet. If not when do they come out.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Have you gotten your tickets yet for 2010 olympics yet. If not when do they come out.
    No.. all in know is that for canada residents you can buy them in sept. not sure about the rest of the world lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Disney Nerd

I've never to the Olympics, but my parents went to a lot of events during the 1984 Los Angeles games. My dad was a high school track/basketball coach at the time, and he was asked to be a judge for one of the track events, so they got free passes into everything!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

No, I'm not excited about them at all

As for the U.S. winning the most medals, I dunno. We'll have a great team, but China is going to be pretty tough this year. It'll be fun to watch.

I've been to 4 Games; LA '84, Calgary '88, Atlanta '96 and Salt Lake 2002. I have plans to go to Vancouver, but am doing a wait and see for it because of finances and such. CoSport is the ticket agent for Beijing for all US sales, but I'm not sure if they are doing Vancouver or not.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I covered the rowing and canoeing events at Lake Casitas - near Ojai, CA for the 84 games. I was sports director for a Ventura radio station.

I also spent some time in the media center in LA, and got to attend the Opening Ceremonies - a never-to-be-forgotten evening at the Coliseum.

For what it it is worth, I'm tired of the over-commercialization and the politics involved with the Games. And I have problems with them being staged in Beijing. And I enjoy watching the events of the Winter Games more.

But I'm sure I'll be watching at least a good deal of the time. The Olympic Trials have been exciting.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I covered the rowing and canoeing events at Lake Casitas - near Ojai, CA for the '84 games. I was sports director for a Ventura radio station.

I also spent some time in the media center in LA, and got to attend the Opening Ceremonies - a never-to-be-forgotten evening at the Coliseum.

For what it it is worth, I'm tired of the over-commercialization and the politics involved with the Games. And I have problems with them being staged in Beijing. And I enjoy watching the events of the Winter Games more.

But I'm sure I'll be watching at least a good deal of the time. The Olympic Trials have been exciting.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Never been, but a friend of mine went to the '96 games in Atlanta (she won a trip from a radio station).

• Infinitized!

2010 tickets will be available either this September or October (after Beijing). check the website for more info:
    http://www.vancouver2010.com/en
    If you are in Vancouver this summer, some of the venues have tours available now:
    2010 Winter Games venue tours

One guy I went to high school with is competing in Beijing with the Canadian wrestling team.

• Banned User

Nothing could be better than the 84 LA Olympics. So no, I'm not going, although I might watch a couple of events on TV. I'm not that thrilled with the Games being in Beijing, given China's human rights record and Tibet policy, but perhaps this could help open China up in that respect somewhat.