• This $pace for $ale

Need Birthday help for 2 year old

Matty's b-day is the 1st week of october. last year we had the party at my moms home. this year we were going to do it at our house but, our back yard is not up to par at the moment. we live in the san fernando valley and we are not looking to see how much we can spend. we thought of those gymboree type places, but there are not that many kids coming and we really do not want to serve pizza, serve more like brunch items...i would think 15 or less kids, maybe 40 or so people coming. mainly family going to be there. i thought of the ice cream store at the el capitan...i just wish there was an old school ice cream parlor (swensens or farrells close by...not the one in valencia.) if anyone has some fun ideas or stuff i can't think of that would be great....thanks.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

• Man O Lantern

Re: Need Birthday help for 2 year old

Okay, Number One......I can't believe he's almost 2!!! Wow!!

I don't think the Disney Soda Fountain is big enough for a party.....it's pretty tight in there and not a lot of room to sit, actually.

Other than that, I don't know what to say. I have always done the younger bday parties at home, serving grown-up food for the most part, since they don't really care when they're two! We did Chloe's 4th bday party at the Spaghetti Factory. We had 17 people and just bought the cheap carafes of wine for the grown ups and paid for everyone's dinner and it was great! Didn't have to clean up the house or anything, and we brought our own cake. It was about $130....maybe $150. But you're talking about a lot more people than 17, so I don't know.

I can't believe he'll be two. I'm still blown away!!