Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• For You!

Parking Lots - Do they cause people to lose their minds?

Okay, I need to have a little vent today. Most of the grocery stores and retail stores around here have abnormally large parking lots. Usually less than half of the lot is used. This causes a lot of chaos.

Usually, you turn down a parking lot aisle and choose an empty stall - no big deal right? Not here.

Most people cut across the empty stall, too impatient to take the time to drive all the way down one aisle or the next. Now, I don't really consider this evil, unless of course I'm headed down the aisle and some idiot crosses the empty stalls and honks at me for not stopping for them!

Next thought, the ones that drive around forever searching for a spot closest to the store. Or better yet, stalking someone coming out of the store, then holding up a line of cars while they wait for the person to unload all their crap, and pull out of their stall! You know what, this is why the U.S. is getting fatter - for crying out loud!!!!! If you continue 10 stalls down, lots of empty parking!

Finally, the shopper that feels that they own the parking lot by walking down the middle of the parking lot aisles. They have their cart and just meander down the middle of the road - most of the time wandering to the wrong side of the aisle (because they can't remember where they parked) only to cut out in front of you because they found their car 2 aisles over!!!

Sorry, all of this happened to me today at a Sam's Club. I just had Napoleon Dynamite running through my head - "Idiot!"

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Parking Lots - Do they cause people to lose their minds?

Sometimes, yes. I get so frustrated driving in certain parking lots that I actually avoid going there all together now. Theres a shopping center near me that has a Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Pet Smart, Office Depot and Party America. It is one of the most crowded shopping centers/parking lots Ive ever been in and it seems like no one knows how to drive!

My biggest pet peeve (like yours) is the shopper who walks right down the middle of the aisle. I want to lay on my horn and yell at them for not moving to the side.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I let my Costco membership expire because of the parking lot and crazy people with their carts in the store, it was dehumanizing in a way to watch these people madly shopping and not giving much regard for those around them.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I rarely drive locally anymore because I have a tendency to always think about the scene in Fried Green Tomatos where she rams her car into the tweens car in the parking lot. I always think to myself I have good insurance so don't mess with me.

Yes, my favorites are the ones walking down the middle of the parking aisle who is usually a family just meandering in the parking lot and letting the kids run around.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Next thought, the ones that drive around forever searching for a spot closest to the store. Or better yet, stalking someone coming out of the store, then holding up a line of cars while they wait for the person to unload all their crap, and pull out of their stall! You know what, this is why the U.S. is getting fatter - for crying out loud!!!!! If you continue 10 stalls down, lots of empty parking!
    There is at least two shopping centers in the vicinity of the DLR that you have to do this in order to get a spot. This would be at the Irvine Spectrum Center or at The Block. If you go during the peak hours practically every spot is filled. And you have to follow someone to get a spot, or you're not going to find a parking spot.

The parking structures at the Irvine Spectrum Center are nice though in that they have a sign at the entrance that tells you how many spaces are available on each level of the structure. Apparently there are special sensors in each spot that trips a switch when each car enters or exits the spot. This information is then fed into a board which tells you the number of available spots. This is a nice system, but if there are only 20 spots left on a floor that has 200 spots, good luck finding one because it only tells you they are available, but not where they are.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My biggest parking lot pet peeve is the people who leave their shopping carts all over the lot. What really gets me are the ones who park right next to the cart corrals and then leave their empty cart in the empty parking space next to them. Are you that lazy you can't walk 5 steps to the corral?

*BOGGLE*

• That Guy

You may be presuming that all people have minds to start with...

• For You!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    You may be presuming that all people have minds to start with...

Good point!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

My biggest pet peeve are also the parking lot vultures that follow you to your car and asked if you are leaving. What I love to do is walk down the aisle one over from my car and when I arrive there, cut across to fake them out! I am evil like that.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Okay, I need to have a little vent today. Most of the grocery stores and retail stores around here have abnormally large parking lots. Usually less than half of the lot is used. This causes a lot of chaos.

Usually, you turn down a parking lot aisle and choose an empty stall - no big deal right? Not here.

Most people cut across the empty stall, too impatient to take the time to drive all the way down one aisle or the next. Now, I don't really consider this evil, unless of course I'm headed down the aisle and some idiot crosses the empty stalls and honks at me for not stopping for them!

Finally, the shopper that feels that they own the parking lot by walking down the middle of the parking lot aisles. They have their cart and just meander down the middle of the road - most of the time wandering to the wrong side of the aisle (because they can't remember where they parked) only to cut out in front of you because they found their car 2 aisles over!!!

Sorry, all of this happened to me today at a Sam's Club. I just had Napoleon Dynamite running through my head - "Idiot!"
    I see this all the time at work.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    My biggest pet peeve are also the parking lot vultures that follow you to your car and asked if you are leaving. What I love to do is walk down the aisle one over from my car and when I arrive there, cut across to fake them out! I am evil like that.
    I like your thinking dan. lol.

• Found my prince!

I was putting bags in my car at WalMart one day and there was a lady walking with her small child maybe 6 or 7. The parent walked next to the parked cars and let her child walk next to the cars going up and down the aisle. She was holding her childs hand but then the child broke free and ran right in front of a car. She almost got hit. Then the parent started yelling at the driver to watch where he was driving. She walked past me and said wasnt that guy an idiot. It was all I could do not to give her a piece of my mind. I couldnt say anything. I don't understand if someone has a child to have them walk next to the parked cars and not moving traffic.

• Wished I lived closer....

I hate the drivers who want to have your spot but give you no room to actually back up.....If they don't get it that I expect them to give me room....I pull back in my spot and wait......

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I hate it when people park on crosswalks. Heck, one time I was using a crosswalk right in front of my work and a driver was parked on it! I had to go around the idiot who shouldn't be there in the first place! And you know, a few months back, my friends husband and daughter were hit by a car while using that same crosswalk!

• no flash photography...

the only parking lot I have trouble in with crazy drivers who drive like idiots is at the vallerta. It's really bad there. Thankfully I only have to go there about one every month or so and just to buy shrimp. It's used for bait at the lake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast