This is my own review for the new 3-D movie, Journey to the Center of the Earth. Again, this is my own review, and just like Wall-E, there are many viewpoints on the film. Some Good, Some Bad. If what I think doesn't agree with you, keep in mind this is only my review.
1. This movie has an appealing storyline to me, and it really wants you to know what happens next.
2. Most of the 3-D is stunning. Majority of the 3-D effects were very creative. I am not going to say any spoilers, so see the movie if you want to know what I am talking about.
3. The movie's creature animations were blended well into the live-action footage.
4. Most people don't like to be scared or shocked from sudden bursts or loud noises, etc. I personally love that and this movie has quite a few of those moments.
5. This movie was clean. A lot of movies today rated PG still have crude language or some sexual reference. This movie was clean, and it is a great movie to see as a family.
1. Many parts of the movie aren't realilistic at all. Here is an example: (SPOILER) One of the characters gets cell-phone reception in the core of the Earth, hundreds of miles below the surface.
2. As some of the 3-D acts were good, some were very bad. A few of the effect's didn't seem to be immersive, it just felt like I was watching a film with three more inches of depth. See the movie if you wnat to know what I am talking about.
B. Clearly more goods than bads. This film is very easy to follow, combining live actors with CGI. It's 3-D is good for the most part, but not worth it without the 3-D. It is sure to be a hit with kids, but may not pack a huge punch for parents. Overall a good movie.
Remember, this is my opinion so don't freak out if you don't agree with me a little or a lot. This is my review and my thoughts.