View Poll Results: What did you think of The Dark Knight?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - Not only a great "Comic Book" movie, but a great movie

84 80.77%
  • 4 Stars - It was pretty good

17 16.35%
  • 3 Stars - It was just okay

1 0.96%
  • 2 Stars - It could have been better

1 0.96%
  • 1 Star - Where's George Clooney or Val Kilmer when you need them

1 0.96%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: The Dark Knight (MiceChat Reviews)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I didn't feel that TDK was overbloated with material. I loved the fact that TDK had so much great material in it. For the most part it is fully fleshed out. Spider-man 3 on the other hand was a total disaster. Harvey Dent/Two-Face had a complete ark, while in SM 3, Venom was thrown in at the last minute because Raimi had to throw him in there because the producers wanted him to. Venom was absolutely pointless in SM 3, whereas Two-Face in TDK largely contributed to it's greatness.

BTW, there wasn't that much material in SM 3. Raimi instead decided to focus on the horribly boring and poorly acted soap opera moments instead of the action/adventure elements. If Raimi played down all the crying, whining, and crappy romance in SM 3, there would have been more than enough time left for what mattered in SM 3. At least an hour of dialogue could have been edited out of SM 3. Plus, Raimi needed to get rid of that horribly goofy sub plot about Peter Parker's dark side and it causing him to dance.

There is a lot of material in TDK, but with TDK, I wanted more, much more. With SM 3, I wanted less, far less, because it was so boring and stupid. Even if Venom got more screen time in SM 3, it would have still sucked, since the Venom of SM 3 looked and acted totally moronic.

Without Two-Face, TDK wouldn't be TDK.
    Spoiler
    Plus having The Joker bring Harvey down into craziness, make's Two-Face's origin and The Joker's evil that much stronger

I strongly reccomend the graphic novel, Batman: The Killing Joke. It has some similarities to TDK and it is a great glimpse into the mind of The Joker.
    What did Two Face have in this movie besides 20 minutes of "Pitty me, my girlfriend died let me kill some people who are of no interest to the storyline." I'm sorry he deserved WAY more than that and a whole movie to himself.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Minion

Re: The Dark Knight (MiceChat Reviews)

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    What did Two Face have in this movie besides 20 minutes of "Pitty me, my girlfriend died let me kill some people who are of no interest to the storyline." I'm sorry he deserved WAY more than that and a whole movie to himself.
    Spoiler
    Without Two-Face, the film couldn't have had the ending where Batman decides to take the blame for those that Two-Face killed. Without that ending, the film wouldn't be nearly as powerful. Also, Two-Face is a result of The Joker's madness. Two-Face should come back in part 3, but if the only villian had been The Joker in TDK, the plot of TDK would have been much simpler, and that would be bad.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213