View Poll Results: What did you think of The Dark Knight?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - Not only a great "Comic Book" movie, but a great movie

84 80.77%
  • 4 Stars - It was pretty good

17 16.35%
  • 3 Stars - It was just okay

1 0.96%
  • 2 Stars - It could have been better

1 0.96%
  • 1 Star - Where's George Clooney or Val Kilmer when you need them

1 0.96%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Hall Of Promise

Re: The Dark Knight (MiceChat Reviews)

I am a HUGE fan of Batman Begins and I am one to believe The Dark Knight is all of what the first one was and more!!! I absolutely loved it! This is the first movie in a long time to surpass my expectations when my expectations where already set pretty high. There are very miner flaws here and there (no movie can escape minor flaws) but they do not jeopardize the overall grandeur of the experience. I usually don't get giddy over movies, but I'm still talking about it like a school girl on her first date. (And I'm no girl, btw)

I managed to see Batman Begins at the box office 8 times. I believe I will be catching The Dark Knight more than that easily. I already have one showing under my belt and hunger for more. It's that good. Not to mention I'll be catching as many IMAX showings as I can since they have four key scenes shot with the 70mm IMAX format, 20mins all together. If you want to catch the whole experience Nolen was going for you need to see it in IMAX.

Heath Ledger is damn good as the Joker, a more darker version of the Joker found in the darker series of the comics, a Joker I much prefer. I forgot it was Ledger for the majority of the film, which means the character shined through. I have to say he takes the cake in the movie, even over Bale, which I wasn't expecting. Ledger will be missed.

I will not give any spoilers here. I'm too busy waiting to see it again, anyway. lol

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Real quick, amazing! I need to take my makeup off and get some sleep before work!

• Minion

It seems like most of the great mainstream cinema (I was born in 1985) done in my lifetime has been thanks to PIXAR. However, with The Dark Knight, my generation finally gets their Empire Strikes Back. The Dark Knight is the best live action blockbuster since 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom IMO. Unlike most summer blockbusters, The Dark Knight has balls. This isn't some safe movie like Iron Man, that plays by the rules. The Dark Knight, like the character of Batman himself, is a rule breaker. The blockbusters I love are generally the ones that break the rules (Temple of Doom, Empire Strikes Back) and play against audience expectations. Ledger's performance easily outdoes Nicholson's performance as the Joker in 1989's Batman. Whereas Nicholson was very entertaining in the role, Ledger in just as entertaining or moreso, while adding alot of depth that was lacking in Nicholson's turn as the Joker. Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent/Two-Face is chillingly realistic (as was Ledger) for a character that could be so cartoony if put in the wrong hands (or else the wrong director :cough: Joel Schumacher :cough There is a great deal of real dramatic tension and true suspense in The Dark Knight, which are things that summer blockbuster often skimp on. The action scenes are true spectacles, with very minimal usage of CGI. Unlike Transformers, where there is a lot of action, but little tangible danger, peril, and thrills, The Dark Knight's action sequence pile on the danger, peril, and thrills. One more thing that makes The Dark Knight stand out is that just like in many of the great Batman comic book stories, the psychology of the characters and moral issues are fasinating.

I know it is too early to crown The Dark Knight the greatest comic book movie ever, but it probably is.

5/5

• Infinitized!

I really got to know, does Batman climb into a lead-lined fridge when the Joker blows-up that building as seen in the trailer?

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Just home from seeing the movie. WOW. Going to have to check it out a 2nd time on IMAX.

It's a GR8 movie.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Sock Puppet

I just got back too! AMAZING!!!!

I'l have to see it again because I was too into the story to look at it as a film (which is good!)

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Just got back from the midnight show... I laughed... I cried... I was scared out of my ever loving mind... and now my brain is completely scrambled.

• Wonderful World

By far the best movie of the year. It was fantastic. The whole movie I was at the edge of my seat. Heath Ledger played the Joker exactly how it should be played. He disappears in him. Aaron Eckhart was excellent as Harvey Dent. Christian Bale Michael Caine Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman played their parts excellently again. If you expect a lot from this movie your gonna gonna get it..and then some
    I'm back MiceChat

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

just back from a midnight showing and wow, I don't have a whole lot of words, but it was great! Heath Ledger owned that role. I didn't even see any Heath Ledger on the screen it was all Joker.

Definitely will see it again and hopefully in IMAX.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

I thought it was really good and lived up to the hype. I should watch it again though because I was soooooo tense through the whole movie. If I watched it again I'd be more relaxed and could enjoy it more.

My best score ever!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I'm really, really surprised that the tagline for the 5 rating wasn't "It makes Batman Begins look like Spider Man 3." Because whether you enjoyed Spider Man 3 or hated it, I would still consider Spider Man 3 to be the weakest of the trilogy and one of the weaker BIG superhero movies to come out over the last couple of years.

I'm excited to see this, but I want to see it with my girlfriend. We had tickets for last night and they're sitting in my wallet as I type. She dislocated her knee on Tuesday, and I knew she wouldn't be able to put it up anywhere and it hurts for her to sit still for too long, so this will have to wait for me.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

And after 6+hrs of sleep, I STILL loved it. Tho' Maggie Gylen-whatever was IMHO, the weakest actor -- should've been someone else playing that role. She just seemed out of place.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    And after 6+hrs of sleep, I STILL loved it. Tho' Maggie Gylen-whatever was IMHO, the weakest actor -- should've been someone else playing that role. She just seemed out of place.
    LOL I still see her as an improvement over who played Rachel Dawes the first time around in Batman Begins. I guess it's just the character rather than the actor.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

This movie knocked my socks off. Bale's Batman becomes almost secondary to the Joker and Harvey Dent. Both Ledger and Eckhart deliver such solid performances, you really believe they are a crazed lunatic and a man driven by a need for justice. Not to mention Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman. I loved this movie, and we'll be seeing it again. I can't wait to see the action scenes in IMAX.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Directly directed

I hated it.

You have no idea how much I wanted to love this movie. How much I love Batman. And there were aspects that I liked. Gary Oldman slipped twice and talked with an accent. The music was wonderful, much better than the first soundtrack. And Heath Ledger's acting was amazing.

But I hated the story.

Spoiler
    It really was too dark for my taste. I didn't like how many people died in cold blood. I didn't like that 300+ people voted yes to blow up the other boat. I didn't like Rachel's character at all and I didn't like Batman's reaction when she died. I thought Harvey Dent was over the top. And two-face was too creepy for me to really watch. I didn't like that Gordon was willing to let Batman do whatever he wanted. I didn't like that the Joker storyline wasn't resolved. Now what are they going to do with it? And I hated the ending.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast