View Poll Results: What did you think of The Dark Knight?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - Not only a great "Comic Book" movie, but a great movie

84 80.77%
  • 4 Stars - It was pretty good

17 16.35%
  • 3 Stars - It was just okay

1 0.96%
  • 2 Stars - It could have been better

1 0.96%
  • 1 Star - Where's George Clooney or Val Kilmer when you need them

1 0.96%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The Dark Knight (MiceChat Reviews)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I hated it.

You have no idea how much I wanted to love this movie. How much I love Batman. And there were aspects that I liked. Gary Oldman slipped twice and talked with an accent. The music was wonderful, much better than the first soundtrack. And Heath Ledger's acting was amazing.

But I hated the story.

Spoiler
    It really was too dark for my taste. I didn't like how many people died in cold blood. I didn't like that 300+ people voted yes to blow up the other boat. I didn't like Rachel's character at all and I didn't like Batman's reaction when she died. I thought Harvey Dent was over the top. And two-face was too creepy for me to really watch. I didn't like that Gordon was willing to let Batman do whatever he wanted. I didn't like that the Joker storyline wasn't resolved. Now what are they going to do with it? And I hated the ending.

I agree with you that it's REALLY dark... but that's almost why it's so good. They didn't sugarcoat this at all and it's crime in the very raw sense.

Spoiler
    The 300+people who voted to kill the other boat... well, as the Joker said, you see people's true colors when they're about to die. And even though they voted on it, none of them had the courage to act on it.

Two Face's mean streak is understandable. He's horribly disfigured and lost his love. He's not thinking straight at all. He's become the villain and at the end he realized it but allowed it to consume himself anyway.

Joker... it wasn't resolved because he's in custody, I assume. And they didn't kill him off because he was meant to be back to fight another day. But yah... now that Heath is really gone, I don't know how that'll work.

In the end, it's a great film though a bit long. It's PG-13 but wow, this is one scary, violent film for even that rating. I don't think I can take my mom to this.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Oo-de-lally

I went last night to a midnight showing. It was crazy. People snuck in beach balls and they were flying all over the theater. Since they let us in at 8:30 people were walking up and down the aisles and just starting conversations with anyone and everyone. The theater I was in held 400 people so it was so loud in there. Some teenage kids snuck in bottles of Alcohol and were giving shots to people. One kid got real drunk and passed out (no joke). Security came and dragged him out of the theater (along with all his friends).

I loved the movie. I tried not to get too excited for it just because when I did that for Spidey 3 I was let down. The Dark Knight is by far the best super hero/comic book movie ever made. I think the best movie of 2008 so far. Ledger was amazing. His dark portrayal of The Joker was classic. Bale was also very impressive again as Batman/Bruce Wayne. I hope that I do not hear any negative reviews about this movie.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Fortuosity!

Best Superhero movie that I've ever seen. Don't really care much for the genre but I liked Batman Begins and I loved this film. Heath's Joker was fantastic! As the poll says, it's more than a good comic book (or popcorn) movie, it's certainly the best film (next to Wall-E of course) you could hope to see this summer and possibly this year.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I went to the ARclight in Hollywood where the had 13 screens all starting one after the other, the first one being 12:01am. at 1am some tool thought it would be funny to pull the fire alarm so all of us had to get up and walk out of the theater before we were herded back. None of us were really happy about that but they eventually started the movie up again. They told us to hang onto our ticket stubs as they're good for another readmission. Can you imagine though? One of the theater's busiest nights and they potentially lose that much in sales if EVERYONE redeemed their ticket for a free movie?

I didn't get home until 4am because of the delays.

But there was also a first.. ever kinda get hit on in the theater? I sat down, girl next to me goes "hi." It was kinda creepy actually in a safe way but she offered me popcorn and all that kind of stuff. Totally bizarre.

I have tickets to see it Imax saturday afternoon so I look forward to seeing what the differences are.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    But there was also a first.. ever kinda get hit on in the theater? I sat down, girl next to me goes "hi." It was kinda creepy actually in a safe way but she offered me popcorn and all that kind of stuff. Totally bizarre.
    Way to go man! Thats the best type of movie experience good movie, free pop corn, with an interested lady. Nice!! Go Coheteboy Woot!

Unless you were already with some one else then uh... Creepy.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Golden State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

yeaaaaaaaaa boiiiiiii own that theater!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Ok, this movie lived up to everything I wanted it to be. I really loved it. That being said, I have a few things I didn't like.

1. Christian Bale's "Batman Voice". It seems like he really overdid it this movie. I could hardly tell what he was saying a lot of the time.

2. Maggie Gyllenhaal. I really wanted to like her. I actually wanted to prefer her over Katie Holmes. But to be quite honest, she really didn't deliver for me. Not horrible, but not great.

3. I'm torn about the length. I didn't want it to end but it seemed a bit long. I realize that makes NO sense.

That being said, spoilers begin here. I don't want to use spoiler tags, so stop reading if that's a problem.

I didn't realize how big of a role Two-Face would play in the film. I thought it was going to be similar to the ending of Batman Begins. Harvey gets disfigured,Joker gets locked up or killed, then Two Face kills a few people Gordon tells Batman "Hey, better get this guy!" Bam, end of movie. But no, if the first half of the movie belongs to Joker, then Two-Face at least gets the second half. I was really hoping for a movie with Two-Face as the main villain, but I'll settle for this. Aaron Eckhart in this movie will probably be one of the most underrated performances of the year, completely over shadowed by Ledger's Joker.

I'll go on record right now and say that I did not like the first Batman movie. It was too corny and Nicholson's Joker, was seriously very unimpressive. It was just him in make up, being himself.

Ledger plays it the way it should be played and its very well done. However, I'd be very surprised if this whole Oscar campaign goes through. Yeah, it was good. But not Oscar worthy.

But yeah, I voted 5 stars, two thumbs up, whatever. Great film that needs to be seen on the big screen.
    Last edited by Tui; 07-18-2008 at 05:25 PM.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Goofy

Wow this movie was really dark and intense especially the joker. this movie had me in the edge of my seat.

Overall its a great movie. one of the most intense batman movie I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Rex Dopey24; 07-18-2008 at 07:34 PM.

• Crazy Furry

I was glad I got my ticket for the Midnight screening after I saw Hellboy II, because while my theater was showing it on all 16 screens (Something I've never seen for a Midnight screening!)...a lot of them sold out fast.

I was in the largest of the theaters and it was one of the best times I've had at the movies. It was really fun talking with other people and a whole bunch of my friends for a whole hour inside the theater before it started. It was really funny when the trailers started and a huge chunk of the crowd booed when it showed the new Mummy film.

As for the Dark Knight, plain and simple it's the best dang superhero/comic book film ever made. Yes there are a few minor flaws, but in my opinion even the best of all films have their flaws.

Finally, we get a film that really captures how dark the comics were able to get. This was truly one of Gothem City's darkest times and it worked perfectly. I know some people may not like how dark it is, but that's how it was in the comics..Batman is faced with a lot of tragedy period.

For Heath as the Joker, it's really sad he's gone because he gave us the best Joker. When he performed the little "Trick" at the beginning of the film, the crowd screamed in horror and disgust...but then we all appluaded like crazy. It was truly insane, but we all loved it. Heath just brought such life into the Joker, there were times well all laughed at what he did...but in a timid laughter that showed we were scared of him.

As for how it ended, I'd say it's really brilliant. A couple things were left open even though it seemed it was ended. I know that sounds really strange but I don't want to give anything away.

So overall, it really is not only one of the best films of the Summer but also '08.

5/5

Oh yes, the majority of the theater (Including myself) went absolutely bonkers when the trailer for the Watchmen was shown. It looks really good.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• At one w/ our Disneyness

ours did too..re: the watchmen trailer. can't wait.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    I was glad I got my ticket for the Midnight screening after I saw Hellboy II, because while my theater was showing it on all 16 screens (Something I've never seen for a Midnight screening!)...a lot of them sold out fast.

I was in the largest of the theaters and it was one of the best times I've had at the movies. It was really fun talking with other people and a whole bunch of my friends for a whole hour inside the theater before it started. It was really funny when the trailers started and a huge chunk of the crowd booed when it showed the new Mummy film.

As for the Dark Knight, plain and simple it's the best dang superhero/comic book film ever made. Yes there are a few minor flaws, but in my opinion even the best of all films have their flaws.

Finally, we get a film that really captures how dark the comics were able to get. This was truly one of Gothem City's darkest times and it worked perfectly. I know some people may not like how dark it is, but that's how it was in the comics..Batman is faced with a lot of tragedy period.

For Heath as the Joker, it's really sad he's gone because he gave us the best Joker. When he performed the little "Trick" at the beginning of the film, the crowd screamed in horror and disgust...but then we all appluaded like crazy. It was truly insane, but we all loved it. Heath just brought such life into the Joker, there were times well all laughed at what he did...but in a timid laughter that showed we were scared of him.

As for how it ended, I'd say it's really brilliant. A couple things were left open even though it seemed it was ended. I know that sounds really strange but I don't want to give anything away.

So overall, it really is not only one of the best films of the Summer but also '08.

5/5

Oh yes, the majority of the theater (Including myself) went absolutely bonkers when the trailer for the Watchmen was shown. It looks really good.

watchmen kinda resembles to iceman from the comics.

• Golden State of Mind

EPIC, the quickest 2 and a half hours of my life, it was the first time going to a movie when people were roaring with applause at just some of the scenes in the movie.

Great experience, recommend it to everyone!!!

4 Stars!!!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Quote Originally Posted by Craigroy8287 View Post
    I went last night to a midnight showing. It was crazy. People snuck in beach balls and they were flying all over the theater. Since they let us in at 8:30 people were walking up and down the aisles and just starting conversations with anyone and everyone. The theater I was in held 400 people so it was so loud in there. Some teenage kids snuck in bottles of Alcohol and were giving shots to people. One kid got real drunk and passed out (no joke). Security came and dragged him out of the theater (along with all his friends).
    My friends and I regularly do midnight movies at the Block in Orange. Last night we had a total of 61 people in our group of friends and it was insane!!!! We brought beach balls and released them at 11:30 and by 11:45 they were all gone! BOO!!!

My best score ever!

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    watchmen kinda resembles to iceman from the comics.
    Dr. Manhatten is quite possibly the furthest character in the universe away from Iceman

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    My friends and I regularly do midnight movies at the Block in Orange. Last night we had a total of 61 people in our group and it was insane!!!! We brought beach balls and released them at 11:30 and by 11:45 they were all gone! BOO!!!
    hey! i was there too! theatre #15!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast