Page 100 of 135 FirstFirst ... 507590979899100101102103110125 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2022

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The "What Movie did you just see" thread STRIKES BACK

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER - o_O
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. I actually REALLY like Star Tek IV though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Don't worry Coheteboy, Star Trek VI makes up for Trek V.
    It really does.

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Watched Star Wars Episodes I, II, & III on DVD over the past several nights. I enjoy Ep I for what it is, but I really felt this is the least of the three. So much has been written about why this is a bad movie, but I think the worst part is that none of the leads had any idea what they were getting into. They assumed that because Lucas was this visionary director that they would all be in good hands. In the end, the cast all went up against a green screen for half the scenes and got zilch direction from Lucas who reputedly has nothing else to offer them beyond "faster!" or "more intense!"
    I actually agree with cohoteboy (below) on this one.

I still need to find time to watch those 3 again for fun's sake, but i'm the opposite of you. I thought Ep1 felt the most like Star Wars and the most stand alone prequel, and it succeeds because all it did was establish things. It didn't have all the weight on its shoulders, and yet provided more suspense than Ep3 did.

Ep2 is... too groan-worthy.

Ep3 is visually entertaining but because Lucas failed to write ep2 and 3 together, he had to wrap way too many things that he didn't have the time for. Nor did he ever succeed in properly giving us a real "friendship" between Obi-Wan and Anakin, nor did he provide a convincing romance, nor did he give us a convincing take on why Anakin went to the dark side. Everything was just rushed and it's really too bad.

And "killing younglings" is hardly what I consider hunting down and destroying the jedi knights.
    Of course, I'm never too busy to talk Star Wars.

Episode I - The fact that the events of Episode I were summed up in one line of Episode II says a LOT for that movie. That being said, I really did like Episode I. I thought the backlash it got was blown WAY out of proportion. I think most fans forgot that when they fell in love with Star Wars, they were kids. So it helped to view it from a kids point of view. At least that's my take.

Episode II - SO bad. Just REALLY bad. That being said, I really think this should have been Episode I because of where I'm going when it comes to Episode III. Sure the yoda thing is awesome, etc ... but 5 minutes of film doesn't make up for the rest of the crap.

Episode III - As a stand-alone movie I thought it was good. As the finale and eventual "joining piece" of the two trilogies, I thought it failed. For all of the talk in Episodes IV, V and VI of the Clone Wars, all we got out of the prequels was a bit at the end of Ep. II and the beginning of Ep. III. So much so that instead of actually making the movie what it SHOULD have been, Lucas tried to get more $$ out of us with a terrible cartoon. The action in the movie is the best of the series IMO. The duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan was everything it should have been (despite the "higher ground" thing).

What the prequels should have been -

Episode I - Should have been Episode II (but better). Sure it's nice to have the back-story for Anakin, but everybody kind of knew it. It would have of course been possible to have flashbacks or something of Anakin leaving his mother and the conflict that ensued. Replace Count Dooku with Darth Maul.

Episode II - This is the Clone Wars. PERIOD. This will be from the end of the actual Ep. II, the entire war up until Anakin and Obi-Wan rescue the Chancellor at the beginning of Ep. III. That would be the finale of Ep. II.

Episode III - This is the rest of Episode III, after the Clone Wars ended, the contiued fall of Anakin into Vader takes up the first 1/2 of the movie. The 2nd 1/2 deals with the Imperial take-over that happened in the 18 yrs. between Ep. III and IV and ends with the completion of the Death Star, Vaders full turn into the dark-side, etc. Taking us nicely into Ep. IV. That's too long of a gap to not have addressed, at least IMO.

• Disneyland PAP

Star Trek VI is actually the first ST I've ever seen. I saw it at the theater even and own it on Laserdisk (who knows why). I didn't hate it and obviously thought it was decent enough to own so I don't think i'll hate it like you think I will.

Reasons why i dislike STII is not because of the story. It's the acting, design, pacing, dialogue, effects, music... it's everything BUT the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Episode I - The fact that the events of Episode I were summed up in one line of Episode II says a LOT for that movie. That being said, I really did like Episode I. I thought the backlash it got was blown WAY out of proportion. I think most fans forgot that when they fell in love with Star Wars, they were kids. So it helped to view it from a kids point of view. At least that's my take.

Episode II - SO bad. Just REALLY bad. That being said, I really think this should have been Episode I because of where I'm going when it comes to Episode III. Sure the yoda thing is awesome, etc ... but 5 minutes of film doesn't make up for the rest of the crap.

Episode III - As a stand-alone movie I thought it was good. As the finale and eventual "joining piece" of the two trilogies, I thought it failed. For all of the talk in Episodes IV, V and VI of the Clone Wars, all we got out of the prequels was a bit at the end of Ep. II and the beginning of Ep. III. So much so that instead of actually making the movie what it SHOULD have been, Lucas tried to get more $$ out of us with a terrible cartoon. The action in the movie is the best of the series IMO. The duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan was everything it should have been (despite the "higher ground" thing).

Episode I - Should have been Episode II (but better). Sure it's nice to have the back-story for Anakin, but everybody kind of knew it. It would have of course been possible to have flashbacks or something of Anakin leaving his mother and the conflict that ensued. Replace Count Dooku with Darth Maul.

Episode II - This is the Clone Wars. PERIOD. This will be from the end of the actual Ep. II, the entire war up until Anakin and Obi-Wan rescue the Chancellor at the beginning of Ep. III. That would be the finale of Ep. II.

Episode III - This is the rest of Episode III, after the Clone Wars ended, the contiued fall of Anakin into Vader takes up the first 1/2 of the movie. The 2nd 1/2 deals with the Imperial take-over that happened in the 18 yrs. between Ep. III and IV and ends with the completion of the Death Star, Vaders full turn into the dark-side, etc. Taking us nicely into Ep. IV. That's too long of a gap to not have addressed, at least IMO.
    Ohmigod, folks hating Star Trek II and loving Star Wars Episode I!!? My brain's gonna explode! Well, it's interesting you have the STVI Laserdisc, Coheteboy, so I'm still looking forward to your review after you've seen it in order and context to the rest of the film series. And both of your observations on the Star Wars prequels makes for interesting reading. It almost convinces me, but you point out, sir clinksalot, that you have to go in with a certain mindset, at least on Ep 1, before you can enjoy it. I think adults still love the original Star Wars without having to dumb down their expectations. Overall, I enjoyed Ep 3 the most, but that's also knowing that when I played it for my friends 11-year old daughter, she hated Anakin whining all the time throughout the movie.

In any case, I love your shoulda-coulda-woulda version of the SW prequels, sir clinksalot.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Ohmigod, folks hating Star Trek II and loving Star Wars Episode I!!? My brain's gonna explode! Well, it's interesting you have the STVI Laserdisc, Coheteboy, so I'm still looking forward to your review after you've seen it in order and context to the rest of the film series. And both of your observations on the Star Wars prequels makes for interesting reading. It almost convinces me, but you point out, sir clinksalot, that you have to go in with a certain mindset, at least on Ep 1, before you can enjoy it. I think adults still love the original Star Wars without having to dumb down their expectations. Overall, I enjoyed Ep 3 the most, but that's also knowing that when I played it for my friends 11-year old daughter, she hated Anakin whining all the time throughout the movie.

(bold mine)

It really does come down to that for Ep2 and Ep3. Jar Jar is bad but not the main character in Ep1. Jack Lloyd isn't great either but he's a minor role. In Ep2 and Ep3 Natalie and Hayden are front and center and HORRIBLE.

Ep3 is the movie Lucas did the whole prequels for and for it to fail like that is a true shame.

Ep1 can be fixed with editing and dubbing. What would it take to fix ep2 and ep3? Recast, rewrites, almost everything.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Star Trek: Actually saw it a week or 2 ago.
    Never been much of a Trekkie, but I loved it.

Before going to see that movie I started watching the Original Series, starting to enjoy it.

Last night I started watching Wrath of Kahn on VHS. My grandfather gave this to me years back, and I never watched it. When Kirk and crew discovered Genesis, my VHS started tweaking out, I enjoyed what I saw. Will be ordering this from Netflix.

Stepbrothers: Why did I watch this? I love stupid comedies, but I hated this, the only scene I enjoyed was when Will Ferrell was singing Con Te Partiro.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Can't comment on what I did not understand

Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emporer: Ehh, not so great.

Wall E: Still love this film

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

A Night at the Museum
    It was stupid at times, but overall entertaining. I really can't stand Ben Stiller though. I mainly wanted to see this for Robin Williams' bit part as Teddy Roosevelt.

i just rented and saw Valkyrie. Great movie and another great film by Tom Cruise. Probably end up buying it this weekend.
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    A Night at the Museum
    It was stupid at times, but overall entertaining. I really can't stand Ben Stiller though. I mainly wanted to see this for Robin Williams' bit part as Teddy Roosevelt.
    I think I'll wait till this one comes out on DVD. It's funny, I know a lot of people who can't stand Ben Stiller either. I think he's so hilarious.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Yeah, it's pretty bad. I actually REALLY like Star Tek IV though.

It really does.

I would consider combining ep 1 and 2 togther for ep. 1. Episode 2 will be original episode 3 and episode 3 will be time between episode 3 and episode 4.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by TDRFAN25 View Post
    I would consider combining ep 1 and 2 togther for ep. 1. Episode 2 will be original episode 3 and episode 3 will be time between episode 3 and episode 4.
    I've thought of that too. But I still want MORE of the Clone Wars, and not some stupid cartoon version.

I've thought of that too. But I still want MORE of the Clone Wars, and not some stupid cartoon version.

i meant by episode one will have a half hour of background of ainken, then the rest of the movie is lead up to the clone wars and battle itself. Episode 2 will be the aftermath of clone wars and rise of darth vader. Episode 3 will the time between the rise of vader and episode 4.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Just watched a horrible movie: BANGKOK DANGEROUS. It's kind of been a habit of mine now to watch a terrible Nicholas Cage movie at the end of the week. Kind of a funny tradition I suppose.

He's so creepy.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

most recent for me was NATM2: Battle of the Smithsonian. Anyone else notice how the slapstick exchanges between Stiller and one of the Museum denizens always stopped the movie dead in its tracks? Especially the first scene where Stiller confronts the "do not touch it" guard, played by Jonah Hill. That scene was painful. Why is this kid all of a sudden in every movie?

• Infinitized!

On DVD I watched:
    Star Trek: Insurrection
    Star Trek: Nemesis
    Both are ok, however, like someone I once heard say, it feels just like watching episodes of the TNG tv series. The CG looks cheap in Nemesis, compared to other movies that came out the same year. I'm just glad the franchise got the re-boot with the new movie. Can't wait to add the new one to my DVD collection.

• The Darkness to Light

Just came back from watching UP.

I cried so many times, I feel embarassed to admit it, but holy cow is it such a great film. So much emotion and heart.

But what surprised me the most is how adult the story is. I mean, they deal with a lot of subjects that I didn't expect to hear talk about.

Spoiler
    The scene that had my jaw on the floor was when Russel starts talking about his dad and you get a little hint as to his family life. It's bad enough that his dad is never there for him any more, but the fact that he also remarried and Russel is still calling his step-mom by her first name?! I was right there with Carl as far as my reaction. Talk about an awkward characteristic to discover.

Oh, and at the beginning where they reveal that Ellie is unable to have children was the first knife in the heart of the movie that I didn't see coming even though I knew she was going to pass away at the end of the montage!! This right after the short film they did about where babies come from was a ballsy move on Pixar's part, and I appaulde it!

I'll be seeing this again whenever I can, but this movie officially tops Monsters Inc. as the Pixar movie gaurenteed to make me cry.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Animation Domination

UP-

4/5
    Up is a kind of movie that takes you on a trip to excitement.
    "You are watching FOX"