Page 101 of 135 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104111126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2022

Re: The "What Movie did you just see" thread STRIKES BACK

i saw Angels and Demons today. Talk about wow. Great movie and storyline. That movie totally wants me to go to the Vatican and see the amazing architecture and its history.
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Just watched STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY (third time now)

It's odd how much i remember and yet, the end was like watching it for the first time. I might have fallen asleep. But being my first star trek movie when it was in the theaters, maybe it made so little sense that I didn't retain any of it.

It's a good movie although it has minor flaws and it is rather slow.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

UP

Pure, awesomeness. They really get to your emotions with this movie, even the painfully sad. Yes, I cried. It was sad.

And it was funny! And just really, really enjoyable, all around!

• Disneyland PAP

Up - Didn't get as wowed by it as I hoped it would, but I think I expected a different kind of movie going in, I was expecting something lighter and more consistent than what was layed out. I really felt the first five minutes of the film, the title sequence, was an outstanding short film. After that, the film veers in a couple of different tones that seemed inconsistent for me. Or maybe it was over my head (no pun intended), because I also felt Up, as a Pixar film, was trying to create a bridge between the fun family films of their catalog to something more grown up.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - I recently lent a co-worker friend my CDs of Book 5 to listen to, which inspired me to listen to my CDs of Book 6 (in advance of this summer's movie adaptation), which as I re-entered that world again reminded me I hadn't finished watching this Blu-ray from a while back. Just finished watching it tonight, and it's just so damn charming! I know there are those who are big fans of his direction, but nonetheless Chris Columbus really scored big when he cast the three leads. Radcliffe, Grint, and Watson so embody Harry, Ron and Hermione.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Up - Didn't get as wowed by it as I hoped it would, but I think I expected a different kind of movie going in, I was expecting something lighter and more consistent than what was layed out. I really felt the first five minutes of the film, the title sequence, was an outstanding short film. After that, the film veers in a couple of different tones that seemed inconsistent for me. Or maybe it was over my head (no pun intended), because I also felt Up, as a Pixar film, was trying to create a bridge between the fun family films of their catalog to something more grown up.

I think your experience was the most similar to mine when I came out of it. I just thought it was so random at times and got incredibly close to making the unbelievable exactly that. I found with all previous pixar films is that even though they may not be the real world, they are believable ones. UP is a world that breaks a lot of its own rules.

But even so... i still love what it's about and bottom-line story that it's trying to tell.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Hehe... I saw Up again.

Seriously- one of my favorite Pixar movies ever!

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I think your experience was the most similar to mine when I came out of it. I just thought it was so random at times and got incredibly close to making the unbelievable exactly that. I found with all previous pixar films is that even though they may not be the real world, they are believable ones. UP is a world that breaks a lot of its own rules.

But even so... i still love what it's about and bottom-line story that it's trying to tell.
    Yes, I thought our experiences were very much the same after reading your posts. Like I said, I want to see it again to experience the Disney 3D version, and hopefully I'll have less baggage with me when the second time. But the more I think about it as I tell my friends what I thought about it, I'm reminded by the beautiful, life-like attention to detail on some scenes contrasting sharply with the colorful, cartoony styles of other scenes. I much more enjoyed the former, and it seemed those were the "boring" scenes that were quite powerful, like a hook came out of the screen, shoved itself into my belly and yanked real hard! I loved those moments!

• MiceChat Moderator

I took my folks to see it in 3D tonite and they both liked it a lot. I have to say, the 3D was clean, but I felt the projector for the traditional projector was much brighter. 3D glasses started to give me a headache after awhile and sometimes i couldn't see the details as clearly as my eyes weren't focusing in the right area or something.

But anyway, having seen it again, I do think that it has a very strong first half. I think once it gets to paradise falls, it starts to unravel a tad and my interest in the story falters a bit. I still love the parts that I love, and the parts that I'm not a huge fan of are still entertaining.. but a part of me is still trying to figure out how they belong together.

But it really is the emotion that ties it all up and makes me like it a whole lot. My score inches up to a 4 (out of 5), but that's still bottom of my list as Pixar films go.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I just re-watched one of my favorite films, "Almost Famous". A very good, and I think underrated, film.

Now every time I hear Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" I think of the scene on the band's tour bus.

By the way, I am a golden god.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Still lost in Neverland

I watched Narnia Prince Caspian on the DVD I got months ago last night. I still like this film a lot and I know it's darker but so is the book. Then I started watching the extra disc stuff and that is just fascinating to see how they did certain thing and the amount of detailing they did with the costumes and sets. I only was able to watch the first two extra's and will finish that up today since our trip to Disneyland got canceled.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Waiting Since 1992

I rented Doubt and have watched it a couple of times. LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!! Phillip Seymour Hoffman is just uber creepy and Meryl Streep is just amazing. Ah! So good!

• Disneyland PAP

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Watched this with a friend yesterday who had just finished the book and hadn't yet seen the movie. We both agreed that this film lacked a sense of passion that the first four films had, that it was more in the vein of presenting scene after scene after scene instead. Of course having just read the book, she missed a lot of what was cut from the book, but I remember feeling the same sense of artistic lacking when I first watched it in theatres. Needless to say, we both have lowered our expectations regarding the upcoming Half-Blood Prince which is directed by the same guy, tho' hopefully the return of Steve Kloves back as scriptwriter might help.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Star Trek- This movie was awesome! I did think some parts of the story were a little confusing, but entertaining and I think Chris Pine did a pretty good job as James T. Kirk. Now I got to see it again!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Bring It On
    I normally as a rule, hate cheerleaders, but this movie is so quotable and just fun. I've seen it dozens of times now and I never get bored with it.

Xanadu
    One of my guilty pleasures. I adore Olivia Newton-John and I love the music in this film. Plus, nothing says fine entertainment better than Gene Kelly in roller skates.

• The Darkness to Light

Dance Flick....

..my sister made me do it because she didn't think it was worth waiting for the Red Box release. And she was right, the movie isn't worth $1, but it is worth what she paid to go see it...

...which is nothing since I can see movies for free.

I had to erase that movie from my mind by watching Slumdog Millionaire, now that FOX finally got back to me about the DVD mix up... AFTER TWO MONTHS!!!!
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.