Page 102 of 135 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105112127 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2022

• Disneyland PAP

Re: The "What Movie did you just see" thread STRIKES BACK

a bug's life - I admire those fans of this sophomore Pixar flick who've posted how much they love it. But it just moved too slow for me and I really didn't warm up to the characters until the last act, which was great! This is probably the third or fourth time I've watched it too. Looks nice on Blu-ray, amazing in fact when you consider they were still developing software to make raindrops and armies of ants all look like they're on their landscape.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

In the last week or so

Wolverine-really liked, much more than I thought I would. It got a tad draggy in the middle but it made up for it.

Bride Wars-Meh. Draggy in the middle and just meh.

New In Town-I so wanted to like this movie, I just couldn't get into it.

Bring It On-One of my favorites cheesefest movies

Bring It On-All or Nothing-Meh, but I was expecting that.

Stepbrothers-some giggly parts, a couple quotable parts but that's about it.

Up- I loved it, absolutely loved it.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Senior Minion

Night At The Museum 2 - Great film!!! Amy Adams was pitch perfect and such a hoot!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

HOWARD THE DUCK - i hate everyone that made me watch this.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

Not that I want you to hate me.

• Disneyland PAP

Best quote of the year!

• secure all cargo

posted by sir clinksalot regarding the original Star Wars trilogy versus Episode I-III...
    I think most fans forgot that when they fell in love with Star Wars, they were kids. So it helped to view it from a kids point of view. At least that's my take.
    posted by Gone2Disneyland
    ...you point out, sir clinksalot, that you have to go in with a certain mindset, at least on Ep 1, before you can enjoy it. I think adults still love the original Star Wars without having to dumb down their expectations.
    I have to agree with Gone2Disneyland on this one. Episode I had tremendously unfair expectations, but seeing it again retrospectively 10 years later, it hasn't grown on me much. Like the kids from 1999, in 1977 I had no idea what Star Wars was about, all I cared about were the special effects and aliens. It took my revisiting it as an adult to help me truly appreciate it. The real test will be what the Episode I generation are saying about Episode I in another ten years.

• Infinitized!

Now you got to hunt down a copy of Mac and Me and see which one is better!

• Disneyland PAP

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - I think I've seen this film the least of them all. But that really worked in my favor when I watched it tonight. There was so much I'd forgotten about this film that it was really fun to see it again this time.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Now you got to hunt down a copy of Mac and Me and see which one is better!

I think Mac and Me would be better and more entertaining... because it's worse.

I just watched RETURN TO OZ again. I haven't seen it since the 80s and being freaked out by it. It's not as scary as I used to think it was but I can see how it would be pretty frightening for kids. Pretty neat effects! And not that bad of a movie either. Would have preferred a better Dorothy though.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    I have to agree with Gone2Disneyland on this one. Episode I had tremendously unfair expectations, but seeing it again retrospectively 10 years later, it hasn't grown on me much. Like the kids from 1999, in 1977 I had no idea what Star Wars was about, all I cared about were the special effects and aliens. It took my revisiting it as an adult to help me truly appreciate it. The real test will be what the Episode I generation are saying about Episode I in another ten years.
    Yeah, but we were kids when we first saw it, so it's got that nostaligia thing going for it.

I know of quite a few adults who never watched Star Wars as kids, did as adults and didn't care for it.

• Directly directed

Henry Poole is Here- An indie film about a man who's neighbors who see Jesus in his stucco, causing an uproar. I thought it was fantastic!

• Infinitized!

Watched bunch from my own DVD library, and a rental:

Bolt - finally took the shrink wrap off and watched it. It was only the second time I've seen it since it was in the theater. It's good, but, even though it was made by Disney's own studio, it is missing that Pixar charm the Pixar movies have.

Robin Hood - Disney's animated version. My favourite since I was a kid. The Most Wanted Edition was actually the first Disney DVD I bought. I like to revisit this one every once and a while. Oo de lally!

I then felt like watching some 007 movies so I watched Dr. No, From Russian With Love, and Goldfinger.

As a rental, I watched Defiance with Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber. Good movie. Based on a true story.

• Disneyland PAP

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - By far, my favorite film of the Harry Potter series. Even tho' they took liberties with the appearance of Harry's patronus and completely dropped explaining the reasons and identities for the names "Padfoot," "Prongs," "Mooney," and "Wormtail," the film has so much style, whimsy, and charm that I got over the literary omissions. But ironically, while discussing the film series with a friend, we discovered that this actually made the least amount money of the series while Order, our least favorite, made the second-most behind Sorcerer's Stone!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - This film seems to get better every time I see it because I had some problems with it the first few times I watched it. I mostly have a problem with how Michael Gambon plays Dumbledore. He doesn't show the warmth the character has with Harry as described in the books. He plays it more realistic for lack of a better word, a wizard who's at the mercy of the world and events happening around him. Richard Harris's Dumbledore, on the other hand, presented a Dumbledore who seemed to be one step ahead of things, strategic in his choice of words and actions, calm, and above all, personally invested in Harry's well being. The scene in Goblet when Dumbledore basically manhandles Harry and yells at him as he asks him if he'd put his name into the goblet, was uncharacteristic to me of the Dumbledore I expect to see, and that's taken a while for me to get over. But skipping over Gambon's portrayal of the headmaster, the rest of Goblet is generally good, probably making it into my top three of the film series.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Up - WOW. What more can I say that has not been said already? I loved everything about it. My favorite line was when Dug said, "I hid under your porch because I love you." Awww, I don't even have a dog and that line slayed me. I cried three times during this movie. We saw it in 3D and was totally blown away. Another winner for Pixar.