Page 111 of 135 FirstFirst ... 116186101108109110111112113114121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2022

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Re: The "What Movie did you just see" thread STRIKES BACK

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs- Very lame when compared to the other two. I felt it was somewhat short on laughs, and the story itself was okay, not great.

• The Darkness to Light

My neighbor never saw Slumdog Millionaire, so I took my DVD over there to watch it with her. Poor lady is so much like Carl from Up in that she never leaves her house/property. She's a great artist, though, and I learned a lot from her that I never learned in school.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Disneyland PAP

Grease - Hadn't seen this in maybe ten years. I think I've avoided it actually because I'd played and karaoked the music to death! So it was a blast to see the film again, so charming and silly with great, great songs. And cameos from the celebrities of the 50's era, I forgot all about too!

• Winter in Oceanside...

I was forced to watch one of the Star Wars movies last night. Don't know which one. I remember Luke got his hand chopped off by a light saber. I was only half watching.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I was forced to watch one of the Star Wars movies last night. Don't know which one. I remember Luke got his hand chopped off by a light saber. I was only half watching.
    That would be Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. It's regarded by many as the best of the entire series. But obviously not you, lol!

• secure all cargo

My wife and I went to see The Proposal. While there's nothing unique about this rom com to distinguish it from anything else (the plot actually reminded me of "Green Card"), it was a lot of fun and they have good chemistry. Sandra Bullock probably hates being type-cast in these kinds of roles, but the fact is she does really well in them.

Saw Goodfellas for the first time on DVD. I usually get this queasy sort of feeling every time I watch Scorsese because he really shows crime, violence, drug abuse, etc., as so matter-of-fact. Very brutal. And yet, in a twisted way, even if you are sickened by who Henry Hill is and what he's become, his narration gives you this understanding of him.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Away We Go - Beautiful, amazing, well developed, funny movie. I would recommend it to all.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Evita - My opinions on this movie have definitely changed since I was younger. When I was younger, I loved it, thought Madonna was perfect for the role of Evita, and her singing was great. Watching it again, it's lost it's luster. Madonna didn't do a great acting job, at all. Her face didn't show much emotion and you can tell she's lip syncing to her own voice (she lags a little bit and doesn't move her mouth in a way if someone was singing it). After hearing the Broadway version, Madonna's voice just doesn't fit well. It's a very touching story and it has it's moments, but it's either hit or miss. On the plus side, Antonio Banderas is super hot.

Casper - This movie is still SO AWESOME after not seeing it after 10 years. The score is beautiful for a kids movie, especially during the scene where Casper is dancing with Cat, and Cat's dad is talking to Emelia for the first time in years. For being a 1995 movie, the CGI ghosts looked great!

• Disneyland PAP

I spent the Fourth watching two films that happened to feature American icons, Superman Returns and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I enjoyed watching both again, tho' Superman was the weaker of the two. Indiana was easier to enjoy because Harrison Ford and Karen Allen are just so damn charming and fun to see together again whereas Routh and Bosworth never showed any real chemistry imo.

• Goofy

today i saw ice age 3, and I thought it was very enjoyable and I love that little cute mammoth.

public enemies: I thought it was decent. the beginning was off to a slow start. the middle towards the ending were the best part. this dillinger person is kinda hard to understand.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs- Very lame when compared to the other two. I felt it was somewhat short on laughs, and the story itself was okay, not great.
    Well that's not hopeful considering I thought the 2nd one was lame.

To Kill a Mockingbird

I hadn't seen this in maybe 15 years. Still one of the great performances in Motion Picture history by Gregory Peck and probably one of the top 10 movies of all time. Simply perfect movie.

• Goofy

to kill a mocking bird is really a great film.

• Circle of Ancients

Valkyrie

Why did this movie not get more critical praise? I think the issues with Tom Cruise playing a German hero overshadowed the awesomeness that is this movie. Honestly, one of my favorite movies from last year. (or did it come out this year, I don't recall)

Even though the ending was a foregone conclusion unless the filmmakers decided to re-write history, the movie still had PLENTY of suspense, and you really were hoping for a different outcome, even though you knew the outcome.

To see how close they came to ending the war in Europe nine-months earlier, which would have saved SO many lives and maybe would have given a much different outcome not only in Germany, but most likely MUCH of eastern Europe is amazing.

I'm not sure how historically accurate the film is, but man, if one tiny thing had happened different in the film, we may have a totally different history than what we have now. Amazing really.

The movie has also made me want to look more into the history of the event and see if it's really accurate in the movie or not.

The movie is VERY much recommended.

• Goofy

valkyrie is a good movie and it has you by the edge of your seat. definitely one of the best movies of last year.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

A Knight's Tale - Family movie knight and I was the only one who has ever seen this. My two boys and my husband all enjoyed it. Love Heath Ledger in this one but now it is sad to watch.