Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2575115122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2022

• Disneyland PAP

Re: The "What Movie did you just see" thread STRIKES BACK

Enjoyed an unexpected amount of movies this weekend.

(500) Days of Summer - A friend wanted to watch this for her birthday. Was afraid it'd be some tearjerker, but ended up finding an intelligent, charming, funny movie.

Singin' in the Rain - That same friend also put out an invitation to join her at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery where they screen movies on a big mausoleum wall in the summer. Never been, so a couple of us joined her. She packed us a picnic, found loads of other people who go, and enjoyed this classic musical comedy that I'd never seen before. The audience cheered and applauded after every musical number, just like in theatre. Definitely a great way to enjoy this movie, and coincidentally after midnight became Gene Kelly's birthday!

Baraka - I played the beginning of this movie for my birthday friend at my place when we waited for our other friend to arrive to carpool together to Singin'. We watched the rest of it when we got back from Singin'. She loved it like I knew she would.

District 9 - Saw this today with other friends and loved it. Heard only that it was well-reviewed and there might be a lot of gore, but we thought there was the right amount of gore for this kind of movie. A very well-written movie with plausible consequences to what could happen in the human vs. alien kind of situation shown.

Not a weak movie in the bunch I saw all weekend.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 08-23-2009 at 06:09 PM.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Last Thursday NNL and I went to the Rifftrax Live event to see them riff Plan 9 From Outer Space. A hilarious movie, made even more hilarious by the commentary of Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, and Kevin Murphy.
    I wish I could have watched that, but both theatres that were showing it were sold out.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Directly directed

The Bourne Identity- I hadn't ever seen it. I feel like I need to watch it again with subtitles on to see if I missed anything

Post Grad - I went since it's the situation I'm in, but she went in a completely different direction than I'm going in.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Post Grad - I went since it's the situation I'm in, but she went in a completely different direction than I'm going in.
    I know what you mean. From all the reviews I've read, they are saying the film is a complete fantasy from what really goes on after college.

I need to still see it, though. Nobody is willing to spoil the ending for me which they said is the most unrealistic and upsetting thing about the movie.

• The one and only

I saw District 9. It's a pretty good movie depicting aliens within the reaches of Africa, trapped for 20 years. Worth watching, especially if you're a Peter Jackson fan.
    Ducktales needs to come back strong! One of the greatest TV Series of all time.
    XBOX Live: Mr Shellshocker

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Rifftrax Live version of Plan 9 From Outer Space
    Mike

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Shellshock929 View Post
    I saw District 9. It's a pretty good movie depicting aliens within the reaches of Africa, trapped for 20 years. Worth watching, especially if you're a Peter Jackson fan.
    I'm looking forward to seeing this, although it sounds like Jackson's involvement was monitary, the Director had free reign to do what he wanted.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

The Haunting of Connecticut It did a fine job of scaring me

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

inglourious basterds!great movie loved it

• The Darkness to Light

Paper Heart - Weird movie, but I enjoyed the documentary part of it just because of the reactions people gave her when she said she believes she isn't capable of feeling love.

• Disneyland PAP

The Naughty Nineties & Little Giant - Got through Disc 7 (of 15) of my Abbott & Costello collection. Neither of these really entertained me as well as their earlier films, altho' The Naughty Nineties does include them doing Who's on First again, and this version is apparently the one that they play at the Baseball Hall of Fame.

• Animation Domination

District 9-I thought this movie was going to be lame. It was the best movie this summer. I reminded me of Alien Nation, which was a Fox TV show and mini-series back in the early 90's.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)-
    The movie was okay and the ending was way much better than the original. The movie has great graphs and message of the movie.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)-
    What can I say about this movie? It's a classic. In the 1950ís you can see that everyone had respect for everyone. Today, people don't talk with respect like they did back in the 50's.

Rocky-
    This movie was great the only thing that I didn't like was how the movie ended. Rocky can say what he wants without using the word "respect". My favorite scenes are when Rocky stuff were taken out of his locker and put in a bag. My other favorite scene is when Rocky was fighting against Apollo Creed.
    "You are watching FOX"

• secure all cargo

Over the last couple weeks I've seen

Safety Last. Harold Lloyd silent featuring his most famous scene in which he hangs from a giant clock several stories up the side of a building. I find Chaplin's Tramp character a bit more appealing than Lloyd's "everyman" characters.

Reno 911: Miami
    . I thought it was pretty funny, but I think those not familiar with the TV show may find it pretty forced, especially not knowing each of characters beforehand. I also felt the show's improvisational spirit was a bit lost in the film which felt like it was trying hard to stick to a set script. Probably for us fans only.

500 Days of Summer. One of the best films I've seen this year. The non-linear skipping around back and forth in time was a bit tiresome at times, but other than that it's very smart with two good leads playing two well developed characters. The musical sequence is hilarious.

• Circle of Ancients

Coraline

I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. Sad that the movie didn't do better in the theatre.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

FROST / NIXON - no it wasn't a good way to beat the heat (but it was a decent film. i prefer the original interview though)

TOY STORY - still fun. watching the making of the original toy story, it's amazing to see how YOUNG john lasseter was. CRAAAZY.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html