Page 51 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176101 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: The "What Movie did you just see" thread STRIKES BACK

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    That Thing You Do, the uncut version.
    [quote=knittingknerd;3355861]There's an uncut version? That's in my top 10 favorite movies, so I should have known!

I found it on an Encore channel. There are SO many scenes that weren't in the original.
    I have it on DVD. It's called the "Tom Hanks Extended Cut". I got it last year at Best Buy. I think you can get it for $14.99 on Amazon. One of my all-time favorites. I gave my original DVD to my mom when I got the extended cut as it has the theatrical release on it too... and a bunch of awesome extras.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I have it on DVD. It's called the "Tom Hanks Extended Cut". I got it last year at Best Buy. I think you can get it for $14.99 on Amazon. One of my all-time favorites. I gave my original DVD to my mom when I got the extended cut as it has the theatrical release on it too... and a bunch of awesome extras.
    I'm going to have to look for that DVD! We've practically worn out the original!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Watched Poltergeist yesterday. It was on TV and I just got sucked in...not literally, like Carol Anne! It's just such a great scary movie. It never gets old.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure I can go see this movie. I loved loved the book, but I cried too much then!
    The book is one of my favorite books. I should probably re-read the book actually. I cried. I cried from the point of Jenny
    Spoiler
    miscarrying
    all the way to the end. I mean you go into that movie even if you haven't read the book thinking "this is about a guy and his dog..." a dog only lives so long. I saw it with my 10.75 month old yellow lab (who this week has been AWFUL!) and I did better than I thought I would. But everyone in the theater was crying too. Kinda' pissed off at myself that I didn't check which mascara I was putting on and wore the regular not the water proof though.

I had to keep telling Gabe "don't get any ideas...." But as a lab owner I've had the "wait you ate what?" experiences so it was funny.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

THE SOUND OF MUSIC -- I used to think this was the most boring movie ever when I was a little boy. And I also hated songs so I never returned to this movie ever. But since it's one of my mom's favorites, I bought it for her last Christmas (2007) but she never opened it.

Last night, she wants to watch so I sat down and gave it another whirl. It's actually pretty good. Some of it is awkward due to the time period of when it was filmed (random cuts in editing and sound mix being weird and off sometimes) but it was interesting to revisit.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Fastest Man Alive

The Spirit- ehh. Plot was complete nonsense. I liked the style quite a bit though, so it's pretty much like a Tim Burton film in that regard. Will not be buying it.

Aliens- Found it for a steal. In my opinion, the best of the Aliens Quadrilogy.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

The Journey to the Center of the Earth-meh it was a cute family movie, but wow those effects were just awful.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Infinitized!

I watched:

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: Not bad, not great. I think I liked it a little better than the first two, maybe because Stephen Sommers didn't direct it.

The Dark Knight: As Excellent as the first two times I saw it in the theater. Nothing beats seeing it on the IMAX screen though.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: Pretty interesting movie. Kind of reminded me a little of Forrest Gump and Big Fish put together.

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I watched:

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: Not bad, not great. I think I liked it a little better than the first two, maybe because Stephen Sommers didn't direct it.

The Dark Knight: As Excellent as the first two times I saw it in the theater. Nothing beats seeing it on the IMAX screen though.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: Pretty interesting movie. Kind of reminded me a little of Forrest Gump and Big Fish put together.
    IMAX was a so much better way of seeing it.

I went to go see Milk today. It was such a wonderful movie. I was in tears at the in.

Superbad
    - It still makes me laugh after the millionth time of watching. Not a lot of movies do that to me.

Spiderman 3- I've had it for a year but I think it was only the second time I watched it. It's better than I remember.
    Last edited by DisneyGal; 01-05-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGal View Post
    Superman 3- I've had it for a year but I think it was only the second time I watched it. It's better than I remember.

Not for me it wasn't! All that Richard Pryor stuff was horrible! And that robot scene at the end -- still THE most frightening thing I've ever seen on screen. Gave me nightmares as a kid, in the carl's jr. comic book.. I still haven't shaken it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Not for me it wasn't! All that Richard Pryor stuff was horrible! And that robot scene at the end -- still THE most frightening thing I've ever seen on screen. Gave me nightmares as a kid, in the carl's jr. comic book.. I still haven't shaken it.
    I changed it. I've never seen Superman 3 or any Superman movie as a matter of fact.

As I was reading your response I was thinking, "There were no robots!?!"

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Rock Star Minion

Saw "Despereaux" yesterday. Completely forgettable. Animation is nowhere near Pixar quality, in terms of emoting. Nearly all of the good-guy characters do something evil, often with very little motive.
    Lucky I had gift cards for the theater, so it weas worth the $8 I spent (two of us, total).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Eagle Eye

I actually quite enjoyed it. A couple of plot twists caught me by surprise which is always a good thing.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Well, my TV shows are in reruns for th THIRD STRAIGHT WEEK (what's up with that?), so I think I'm going to watch Teen Wolf Too. I've never seen it and since I have it on DVD now (it came as a double feature with the original Teen Wolf), I'll give it a shot. I expect pure cheese.... and Jason Bateman goodness!

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Eagle Eye

I actually quite enjoyed it. A couple of plot twists caught me by surprise which is always a good thing.
    It was pretty good because Shia didn't swing with CGI monkies.