Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3560758283848586878895110 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2022

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Re: The "What Movie did you just see" thread STRIKES BACK

Matrix - Forgot what a good movie this is. But it always leaves me asking questions. Luckily it is my husband's favorite movie so he knows all the answers.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post
    Appaloosa - I love a western and this was pretty good
    I tried to read the book, and it really bored me. I don't quit on many books, but this one I did. I do love Ed Harris, so I'll probably check out the movie just for him!

Saw Slumdog Millionaire last night. I enjoyed it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Chicago - Wha horrible movie! I can't believe it won so many awards. Did Richard gere win any? He's the only one who would deserve one.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Senior Minion

Diamonds are Forever - back to working my way through the Bonds in order. This is the most enjoyable so far - fun and exciting. It is now a toss-up between this and From Russia with Love for my favourite. Mr Wint and Mr Kidd are great villains (and very controversial for the time!)
    The comic elements in this movie show that this was the way the series was heading before Roger Moore took over the role (he is usually blamed for making the character a joke)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Circle of Ancients

Role Models

Freakin' hilarious. Loved it.

Slumdog Millionairre

It was good, but I don't think it was the best movie from last year by a long shot.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Slumdog Millionairre

It was good, but I don't think it was the best movie from last year by a long shot.
    Hubby and I were just discussing that... it seems as if the last several years, the so-called best picture, wasn't.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Chicago - Wha horrible movie! I can't believe it won so many awards. Did Richard gere win any? He's the only one who would deserve one.

it's on my worst movie ever list LOL LOL LOL. see my thread LOL LOL

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Goofy

I love you man, what a funny movie and fun to see. knowing starting nicolas cage. It was good and quite suspensful. I wish the ending would have been better and have them reunited on that scene.

• Disneyland PAP

Monsters vs. Aliens 3D - My friends liked it, me not so much. Besides the fact that I was expecting more 50's movie monster homages that weren't coming, I was distracted with why we were spending so much time with Susan. I somehow thought the more apparent monsters would get more attention in this movie. But by story's end, I got it and thought her story arc was decent. The 3D effects in outer space at the beginning were great, but I did get tired of wearing the glasses after around 30 minutes. I guess it shouldn't be so annoyed that films like Harry Potter that barely have 30 minutes of 3D in them; beats having to wear the glasses throughout the entire movie.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Hubby and I were just discussing that... it seems as if the last several years, the so-called best picture, wasn't.

I don't remember where I said it, but the OSCARS are... well... they get into moods and it's kind of silly. Like... they vote for people who they feel deserve it, not because that entry was actually that good, but because they want that person to win.

Case in point: Shrek vs Monsters, Inc. Clearly, one movie excels beyond the other, but I think there was just some bitterness somewhere that wants to stick it to Disney/Pixar. Like, "finally, here's a movie that makes fun of Disney!"

Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring was hands down the most impressive movie of the year. Who wins? Beautiful Mind. Groan. But wait... Return of the King was solid but probably not the best film (in my opinion)... but Peter Jackson deserves it. So he wins.

I don't see why he can't just win three years in a row if his movie deserves it.

The year that Chicago won... I just don't think there was enough good movies out there to take it away from it. And yah, it was horrible. I hated it too. Every moment I was watching, I felt that "this would be more impressive live".

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring was hands down the most impressive movie of the year. Who wins? Beautiful Mind. Groan. But wait... Return of the King was solid but probably not the best film (in my opinion)... but Peter Jackson deserves it. So he wins.
    Yeah, I agree.

I mean you can go back to "Shakespeare in Love" to see this trend. There is NO WAY that should have won over Saving Private Ryan. But it got momentum and won. Just like Slumdog.

I've only seen 2 of the best picture nominees from last year (Milk and Slumdog) and I would have EASILY chosen Milk over Slumdog.

Not to EVEN mention the two music categories Slumdog won as well as the sound award. That was, IMO overkill.

Granted, for the record, I did like the movie. It had a great story and great acting. But "Best"??? Not so much.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yeah, I agree.

I mean you can go back to "Shakespeare in Love" to see this trend. There is NO WAY that should have won over Saving Private Ryan. But it got momentum and won. Just like Slumdog.

I've only seen 2 of the best picture nominees from last year (Milk and Slumdog) and I would have EASILY chosen Milk over Slumdog.

Not to EVEN mention the two music categories Slumdog won as well as the sound award. That was, IMO overkill.

Granted, for the record, I did like the movie. It had a great story and great acting. But "Best"??? Not so much.

Agreed 100% on Saving Private Ryan. I still haven't seen Shakespeare in Love. It's on my rental queue but nobody ever talks about it so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

And as far as 'best' goes, the Academy also likes to vote on something that is different. Unusual. Not another bio-pic, etc etc. I think even though MILK may have been the better film, Slumdog was different and unique in such a way that they wanted to vote for that. Movies that have stories told in an unconventional way. They tend to honor that more I think.

Look at Atonement from last year. If the movie was edited in a more usual straight forward fashion, I don't think it would have gotten as far as it did in nominations.

And L.A. Confidential deserved Best Picture over Titanic.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• secure all cargo

Easter Parade. My 3 year old loves the toy drum dance in the beginning.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I mean you can go back to "Shakespeare in Love" to see this trend. There is NO WAY that should have won over Saving Private Ryan. But it got momentum and won.
    I was thinking it did go back to Shakespeare in Love. I really enjoyed that movie, but best picture? Debatable. Although I was one of the few who was bored through Saving Private Ryan (except the first half hour). And I love most of what Tom Hanks does.

And yes, the story in Slumdog was excellent and creative. That award I totally agree with.

• Senior Minion

I've just watched about half an hour of the middle of The Devil Wears Prada. The fact that I am no longer watching it speaks volumes. All very good but sooooo a 'chick-flick'.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011