Page 99 of 135 FirstFirst ... 49748996979899100101102109124 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2022

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Re: The "What Movie did you just see" thread STRIKES BACK

Theater: Terminator Salvation and I thought it was pretty good.

DVD: Was going to be Pumpkinhead but Netflix sent me a cracked DVD so I watched Choke, instead. Wasn't that good. The book was better.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Rides against injustice

Theaters
    Terminator:Salvation-Not the best Terminator movie but I still liked it. Cant wait to see what part 2 has in store for us.
    NATM2:Enjoyed it but felt that they tried too hard to squeeze everyone in

On DVD
    Yes Man: Not Carrey's best, but still very funny.
    Taken:OMG!! AWESOME!!!!
    My Best Friends Girl: Crude, but funny and I dont usually enjoy Dane Cook's movies
    He's Just Not That Into You: The wife wanted to see it. Thought it was going to be a waste but wasnt too bad actually.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian. It was horrible.

I am amazed it beat out Terminator Salvation this weekend.
    The power of the "Family Ticket" effect.

You have parents dropping off kids for Terminator and picking them up later because they have been deemed mature enough by said parents to watch a PG-13 movie by themselves.

Meanwhile, you have a movie marketed towards the family as a unit, which includes several kids in the single-digit age range that cannot go out in public without a parent or gaurdian. So for every one child under 10 that wants to see this film, there's at least one adult that will have to go along with them.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Circle of Ancients

You also have to remember, in relation to Terminator, that it made $13 million on Thursday, which would have presumably happened over the weekend, or at least some of that.

I think the biggest shocker is that $10 million worth of people went to see Dance Flick.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

It was fun, but that was about it. I won't see it again, in theaters, but will probably buy it when it comes out on DVD.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER - o_O

(in my best george takei impression) Oohh myyy.

I had never seen this and have heard the warnings. I did not listen. I disliked Star Trek 1 and really didn't like Star Trek II either. So I suppose if most people like II and hate V, and I hated II... then... well... maybe V should be avoided at all costs.

William Shatner should never direct again, at all costs. Nor should he come up with a story.

Basically, to those who never seen this movie, it's a Star Trek way of asking "is there God?". And maybe I shouldn't have said that because now some of you are somewhat curiouser.

Do not see this movie. Run away. Far away. If you can feel its presence, leave this place.

I hated Star Trek I but it was because they really didn't know what they were doing. Star Trek V... they KNEW what they were doing. They were raping you in the eyeballs is what they were doing. Rubbing their hairy tribbles all over your chin.

Movies have deleted scenes that are usually deleted for a reason. Star Trek V is like a deleted movie.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

Watched CARS on DVD with the little ones...

Ka-Chow!
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER - o_O

(in my best george takei impression) Oohh myyy.
    Don't worry Coheteboy, Star Trek VI makes up for Trek V.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Don't worry Coheteboy, Star Trek VI makes up for Trek V.
    I dunno. If he didn't like Star Trek II, I don't see Coheteboy finding any love for VI. To be honest I couldn't get pass the Shakespeare gags in VI, but I agree it's a clear step up in quality from V, which coincidentally I continued to watch last night to try and finish and still couldn't, lol! Maybe one more night, then I can fairly get to my Blu-ray of VI finally. A minor point of note: Coheteboy will likely be watching the extended cut of VI, the only cut available on DVD, not the theatrical cut which lacks an annoying line from Scotty about the Klingons and scenes with the futuristic communication medium called paper!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I saw Angels & Demons and Star Trek this past weekend. The former was horrible compared to the book and the latter was good. I may even buy the Star Trek DVD. I won't be doing so with Angels & Demons.

>Joe<

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    I dunno. If he didn't like Star Trek II, I don't see Coheteboy finding any love for VI. To be honest I couldn't get pass the Shakespeare gags in VI, but I agree it's a clear step up in quality from V, which coincidentally I continued to watch last night to try and finish and still couldn't, lol! Maybe one more night, then I can fairly get to my Blu-ray of VI finally. A minor point of note: Coheteboy will likely be watching the extended cut of VI, the only cut available on DVD, not the theatrical cut which lacks an annoying line from Scotty about the Klingons and scenes with the futuristic communication medium called paper!

Star Trek VI is actually the first ST I've ever seen. I saw it at the theater even and own it on Laserdisk (who knows why). I didn't hate it and obviously thought it was decent enough to own so I don't think i'll hate it like you think I will.

Reasons why i dislike STII is not because of the story. It's the acting, design, pacing, dialogue, effects, music... it's everything BUT the story.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Aladdin- They had all ten parts on YouTube, and I got to admit, seeing it as an adult, I got all of the pop culture references that had me rollin! What a great movie- and I will watch it again...and again...

• secure all cargo

Watched Star Wars Episodes I, II, & III on DVD over the past several nights. I enjoy Ep I for what it is, but I really felt this is the least of the three. So much has been written about why this is a bad movie, but I think the worst part is that none of the leads had any idea what they were getting into. They assumed that because Lucas was this visionary director that they would all be in good hands. In the end, the cast all went up against a green screen for half the scenes and got zilch direction from Lucas who reputedly has nothing else to offer them beyond "faster!" or "more intense!"

While Ep II's groan-worthy moments (pretty much every scene with Anakin and Amidala) are worse than anything in Ep I, I still thought it was a big overall improvement. You can feel the stakes are higher, and to his credit, Lucas does a decent job revealing the set up for the Clone Wars. Seeing the clone army march onto the star destroyers to the ominous Imperial March still sends chills up my spine. And I always get a goofy geek grin when I see Yoda flip his cloak back to reach for his lightsaber. Seeing him in battle was totally worth the price of admission.

Ep III finally feels like Star Wars to me. It's perhaps fitting that this is the only film since the original Star Wars whose opening scene leads right into a space battle, as if Lucas was saying, "We're back!" While Anakin's journey to the dark side felt a bit inconsistent and erratic a couple times, and his realization of his descent a tad unconvincing, the strength of Ian McDiarmid's portrayal of Palpatine's ascent and his manipulation of Anakin more than made up for for any problems I had. The simultaneous duels between Yoda & Palpatine and Anakin & Obi-Wan is my favorite moment from this trilogy. I think when viewed as a whole, the trilogy is pretty good.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Watched Star Wars Episodes I, II, & III on DVD over the past several nights. I enjoy Ep I for what it is, but I really felt this is the least of the three. So much has been written about why this is a bad movie, but I think the worst part is that none of the leads had any idea what they were getting into. They assumed that because Lucas was this visionary director that they would all be in good hands. In the end, the cast all went up against a green screen for half the scenes and got zilch direction from Lucas who reputedly has nothing else to offer them beyond "faster!" or "more intense!"

While Ep II's groan-worthy moments (pretty much every scene with Anakin and Amidala) are worse than anything in Ep I, I still thought it was a big overall improvement. You can feel the stakes are higher, and to his credit, Lucas does a decent job revealing the set up for the Clone Wars. Seeing the clone army march onto the star destroyers to the ominous Imperial March still sends chills up my spine. And I always get a goofy geek grin when I see Yoda flip his cloak back to reach for his lightsaber. Seeing him in battle was totally worth the price of admission.

Ep III finally feels like Star Wars to me. It's perhaps fitting that this is the only film since the original Star Wars whose opening scene leads right into a space battle, as if Lucas was saying, "We're back!" While Anakin's journey to the dark side felt a bit inconsistent and erratic a couple times, and his realization of his descent a tad unconvincing, the strength of Ian McDiarmid's portrayal of Palpatine's ascent and his manipulation of Anakin more than made up for for any problems I had. The simultaneous duels between Yoda & Palpatine and Anakin & Obi-Wan is my favorite moment from this trilogy. I think when viewed as a whole, the trilogy is pretty good.

I still need to find time to watch those 3 again for fun's sake, but i'm the opposite of you. I thought Ep1 felt the most like Star Wars and the most stand alone prequel, and it succeeds because all it did was establish things. It didn't have all the weight on its shoulders, and yet provided more suspense than Ep3 did.

Ep2 is... too groan-worthy.

Ep3 is visually entertaining but because Lucas failed to write ep2 and 3 together, he had to wrap way too many things that he didn't have the time for. Nor did he ever succeed in properly giving us a real "friendship" between Obi-Wan and Anakin, nor did he provide a convincing romance, nor did he give us a convincing take on why Anakin went to the dark side. Everything was just rushed and it's really too bad.

And "killing younglings" is hardly what I consider hunting down and destroying the jedi knights.

And now for a spoiler-free review:

Up. The title is simple enough. Its premise, an old man who launches his house up into the sky in search of adventure also seems simple enough. And as Pixar films go though, expecting greatness might not do you any good this time - But I think that was the point all along.

Russell, the young wilderness explorer muses about his so far short life that "it's the boring things he remembers". It's a thoughtful moment, one of many. Though if it's comedy you want. Up has it. If it's action, it's there too.

In the end, it wasn't the adventure that I remember the most in Up. It was the smaller details. The emotion. The "boring" things. Because ultimately, this film is more about hope. Hitting bottom and having nowhere left to go but up.

This isn't my favorite Pixar film, but there are moments that are better than 95% of the movies I've seen all my life. The first five minutes or so is, to me, worth the price of admission alone.

Three and 1/2 stars. (my lowest rated Pixar film, but may change upon repeat viewings)

• Mrs. J. Depp

Saw Angels and Demons on Sunday. It did not disappoint. For those of you who have read the book, the movie does an excellent job of portraying it pretty much dead on. The visuals I created in my head from the book were basically exactly what I saw in the movie. Pretty crazy.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!