IMAX and glasses

Hi everyone,

Just a question for those who have seen a movie in IMAX. I'm planning to go see the Dark Knight soon and an IMAX theater is one of my options. The problem is, I wear glasses for distance, and the descriptions says that an IMAX screen "takes up your entire field of view," meaning that you only see the screen and nothing else. When I wear my glasses, I can see the rims of my glasses with my peripheral vision. Do you think that will detract anything from the IMAX experience? I guess I could just turn my head around to see whatever edge of the screen I want, but I'll see what you guys think of the situation.

Thanks!

• I'm the Doctor

Re: IMAX and glasses

I dont think so. I saw Dark Knight in IMAX, just remember not the whole movie is int he format. All it is its just the movie on a big screen.

• Disneyland PAP

I think it depends on the size of the screen relative to the layout of the seats and the size of the theatre. If you're sitting in the back half of the house, say, it may be that the screen really won't completely fill your periphery. If you're in the front, yes, chances are the IMAX screen would likely fill your periphery.

• would love some pie

I actually wound up taking my glasses off (My vision isn't that bad, just for reading signs at a distance and such) and seeing everything fine because it is just so big. I was sitting close to the front though.
    KABLAM!

• I'm not really here

I have incredibly terrible nearsightedness (can't see clearly unless object is within 12 inches of my face =D ). We see many movies in IMAX and never have a problem with it. It's like sitting close to any screen. You are focused on where the action is happening and your peripheral vision is seen, but kind of ignored. If the action moves... you turn your head.

I highly recommend seeing it in IMAX as the sheer size really adds to things. Only a handful of scenes for the Dark Knight were actually filmed in true IMAX format (70mm), the rest is simply converted to the larger size from regular film stock (35mm).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yeah, my glasses haven't ever been an issue when watching IMAX.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Cool, that's great. I'm trying to get a chance to go to an IMAX theater, but it looks like gas prices are lowering those chances...we'll see.