Miley Cyrus Helps Kick off
"BOLT ACROSS AMERICA" Adventure
in NYC July 25

Friday July 25, 7:07 pm ET

Cross-Country Journey Inspired by Walt Disney Pictures' Upcoming Film BOLT

Event to Raise Money for ASPCA(R)

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Miley Cyrus was on hand today to help launch BOLT ACROSS AMERICA, a fundraising adventure inspired by Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming film "BOLT." Cyrus, who provides the voice of Penny in the film, revealed details about the cross-country journey four "Bolters" are about to tackle in an effort to raise money for the ASPCA (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®), the nation's leading animal welfare organization.

"In the movie, my character's dog BOLT befriends a little hamster who gets around in a ball - so we've recruited four BOLTERS to make like hamsters and roll through cities coast to coast in a giant hamster ball to raise money for the ASPCA," Cyrus said. "I have always been an animal lover and I am a huge believer in what the ASPCA does to help make a difference for animals in need."
"The ASPCA is proud to be associated with the BOLT ACROSS AMERICA tour and we are excited to give people across the country another way to help animals in need," said ASPCA President and CEO Ed Sayres.

Four Bolters were tapped to board a giant, human-sized hamster ball inspired by the movie. The Bolters will travel from city to city tackling tasks -from rolling through a car wash to watching a drivein (roll-in) movie. The team will raise money for the ASPCA by encouraging people nationwide to pledge dollars via the ASPCA link found on the BOLT website www.disney.com/BOLT. Those who donate will get a special inside-look at the BOLT ACROSS AMERICA adventure with videos and other bonus materials.

The BOLT ACROSS AMERICA team includes Raquel Baldwin, Ted Beam, Tiffany Phillips and Clayton Ferguson. The Bolters are scheduled to roll through Boston next week and will hit Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Chicago, Denver and Phoenix, among others. The journey culminates in a roll down the red carpet at the film's L.A. premiere Nov. 19, 2008.

Miley Cyrus helps kick off an ASPCA fund-raiser, "Bolt Across America," in Central Park on Friday. The event is tied to her new animated movie, Bolt, due out in the fall.
http://www.people.com/people/gallery...215016,00.html