Thread: Evan Almighty

• Happy Memories

Evan Almighty

Apparently Jim Carrey has decided not to do a sequel to Bruce Almighty and Steve Carrell's character of Evan is being elevated to lead this time around. I hope it works because the concept they have has been discussed for a while now and it sounds fun enough to be a stand alone film. Hopefully the strategy of having different "Almighty" characters each go round will work for them. They are of course still hoping to get Freeman back as God. here's the story as I read it: http://www.moviehole.net/news/6160.html

• Reaver of Souls

Re: Evan Almighty

I'm not sold on this concept. Done once, it was a novelty. A fun romp with a somewhat original concept. Or, at least, a concept that hasn't been used for a while. Having different people "play God" just doesn't interest me. Bruce had a backstory of failure on a personal and professional level that could lead someone to the point of telling God he's not doing his job. How many times do we seem the same storyline with just a few twists in the character before we say enough is enough? As much as I think Steve is hilarious, I say once is enough. Remember Son of the Mask? I wish I didn't...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Happy Memories

Re: Evan Almighty

They're not going with the same concept this time. This one is a modern day Noah story where the lead is instructed to build an Ark. It was a pitch that had been written independant of this franchise but was picked up by the studio with the thought that with a bit of tweaking it might make a good sequel for Bruce.