Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Reaver of Souls

Halloween Haunt at Knott's...

OK, folks, I know how badmouthing The Farm is sort of a hobby around these boards, but I thought I'd ask and see how many of us are planning on hitting Knott's Scary Farm this year. Any Haunt regulars on these boards? Fess up! Be honest!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Just Me

Re: Halloween Haunt at Knott's...

I went once, 12 or 13 years ago. I had a blast. I would love to go again, maybe when The Boy is a tad bit older.

• LoisAlene

We are going to go to the Haunt on this trip south. We'll be there on the first Thursday night that it's open. First real visit to Knotts And the Haunt. I am Sooo excited!!
    Any tips for a first timer? My daughter is almost 14, I'd love to see the crud get scared out of her but good!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Merry 2014!

Haunt advice: eat at the pre-scare buffet. You get in 1/2 hour early! You can seriously hit some mazes befor the onsluaght of humanity enters the park. the spooks are really fresh at that time and primed to scare!
    Then just hit the mazes and see some of the shows. Don't forget to ride Ghost Rider roller coaster. I swear there are no brakes on that thing during haunt.

One las thing: last year BK offered discounts for tickets. Make sure you go to a local BK and check it out. Substantial savings on tickets.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    We are going to go to the Haunt on this trip south. We'll be there on the first Thursday night that it's open. First real visit to Knotts And the Haunt. I am Sooo excited!!
    Any tips for a first timer? My daughter is almost 14, I'd love to see the crud get scared out of her but good!
    Sure thing, Momzilla!

I'm going to agree and disagree with Seņior Fantasmico! here...

Definately hit pre-scare. There are two - one outside the park, across the street by Soak City, and one inside the park. I prefer the one inside. It's nicer, indoors, and generally a nicer atmosphere. It's a couple dollars more than the outside one, but worth it. Also, if you do pre-scare, I recommend the 5:30 time over the 6. It gives you more time to eat (it's a buffet), and you're not running into the park right after you get done. Some monsters will be there to entertain you while you wait...

Unless you've never ridden a particular ride, and don't think you'll be able to for a long time, don't ride any rides in the park until you've hit every maze, scare zone, and the two themed rides (Log Ride and Calico Mie Ride). Hit the themed rides first, and the newest mazes right after that, because they'll have the longest lines throughout the night.

Early in the season, especially if you do pre-scare, if you plan it well, you can hit every maze/themed ride in 3 or 4 hours, then if you really want to, ride the rides like Ghostrider (no theme) Silver Bullet, Supreme Scream, etc. and re-run any mazes you liked a lot. The monsters' performance level varies a lot, based on the guests, the time of night, etc. I've had completely different experiences in mazes, going through them a few hours apart.

I'd say see The Hanging (it's a stage show in Calico Square), because it's usually pretty funny. It used to be hosted by Freddy, but after Jason Vs. Freddy came out, New Line told Knott's they couldn't use him any more... Ed Alonzo's show is funny, but can be pretty adult for the youngens...

I don't think you'll have a problem with your daughter getting scared. Most of us monsters are equal opportunity frighteners, and care less about age. If parents bring them, they're fair game. Just don't ask monsters to scare a member of your party. We hear it all the time, and is quite annoying...

Anything else you want to know, just ask!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I only went for Elvira, now that she is not there anymore I do not go to Knott's...Plus I am now thousands of miles away from it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Unless you've never ridden a particular ride, and don't think you'll be able to for a long time, don't ride any rides in the park until you've hit every maze, scare zone, and the two themed rides (Log Ride and Calico Mie Ride). Hit the themed rides first, and the newest mazes right after that, because they'll have the longest lines throughout the night.
    The last time I went during Halloween, The log ride seemed to be the most popular.

Oh and bring a girlfriend with you, They'll probably be hanging onto you tight by the end of the night courtesy of the monsters that roam the park LOL

• Reaver of Souls

The log ride is pretty popular. Plus it loads quite slowly, which makes matters worse...

Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) has a lot of different issues keeping her from doing the park. Her last season she became ill and had to cancel some of the performances. She's a sweet lady, though. Spoke with her a few times when building the sets. and she's very nice, and quite a lovely lady... It's a shame she's gone.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    The log ride is pretty popular. Plus it loads quite slowly, which makes matters worse...

Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) has a lot of different issues keeping her from doing the park. Her last season she became ill and had to cancel some of the performances. She's a sweet lady, though. Spoke with her a few times when building the sets. and she's very nice, and quite a lovely lady... It's a shame she's gone.
    She really does seem to be a nice, gorgeous, free spirited woman. I love how she makes her jokes seem dirty when they are not. That's funny. Yeah, but when i saw her show, even though she was not talking directly to me, I felt like we were as close as family.

• Circle of Ancients

We are going on Oct. 14th.

We have the whole day planned out.

DL in the morning (Haunted Mansion Holiday will be open).

Knott's in the afternoon. This way we get all of the rides in during non-haunt (Extremely dead, pun intended) hours.

Nap in the Hotel (Thanks to Priceline for $50 at the Garden Grove Marriot)

Back to Knott's at 6:00 for Pre-Haunt and the rest of the night at Haunt where we don't need to worry about any rides except for the Log and Mine Rides. Leaves more time for mazes.

• Reaver of Souls

That'll be one looong day, Clinksalot! I'd always recommend the 5:30 pre-scare dinner, but I think you'll need the sleep!

• Circle of Ancients

^ Eh, that's nothing.

Our first day back east next month looks like this:

Fly into Philly at 9:00pm on thursday. Drive to Bethesda, MD (about 2 hours). Sleep until 7:00am get on the Subway and go into DC.

Spend 4 or 5 hours in the "Mall" area then go back to our hotel for freshening up.

Drive 3 hours to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Stay at Busch Gardens until 10:00pm, then drive back to our hotel.

We then have to be up at 7:00am the next day for another full day.

We are used to it though.

• Reaver of Souls

Well, anyone who goes, let me know when you do, I'll be sure to crank it up a notch in my maze (Curse of the Spider)!

• there's always my way...

I go every year I love it. I went I think it was 2 years ago and they had murder high school i think thats what it was called, very creepy. I didnt bring a date with me but by the end of the night I had some girl clawing my back from fright, i hit it. lol

I love me some Knotts Scarry Farm.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• Minion

I love Scarry Farm! I never miss a year! I now have a bunch of friends that I got hooked on it and we plan on going this year. I heard from Knotts workers that its BEST to go early on, like the first few days. The park is empty and the monsters are not yet warn out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast