Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Disney theme park ticket prices to rise (Anaheim and Orlando) - AP, 8/1/08

I agree with you, Dusty. Timing is really weird on Disney's part since summer isn't even over yet. I've seen businesses raise or drop prices around a big promotion... this one seems out of left field.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here is a link that shows all the new prices for WDW...

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwticketprices1.html

A new Premium AP for WDW is now $638 including tax.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 08-02-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: typo (added tax twice)
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• "I Break Things"

I have to side with Dusty on this one. I also think this is a political move because current politics is to deny the slowing economy and to minimize comparison to the "R" word. The Economy is slowing down. It happens. However, I also think the media is playing it up a lot more then it actually is. As to Disney. It has been an ongoing joke for a long time of "been almost 6 months... time to hike the price up again"
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I worked a four hour shift at The Disney Store tonight, and I probably sold $700 in theme park tickets in the form of 3 day park hoppers for two guests and one Deluxe Annual Passport for another. Everyone knows that the prices are going to be going up, as there was a little snippet of this news in "The Record", which is our local newspaper here in the Stockton/Lodi area. People want to get some passes while the prices are down. I'm actually thinking of buying my Annual Passport before the price increases. Although I do not know how these new price hikes are going to impact the Annual Passport prices at Disneyland.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymark34 View Post
    I worked a four hour shift at The Disney Store tonight, and I probably sold $700 in theme park tickets in the form of 3 day park hoppers for two guests and one Deluxe Annual Passport for another. Everyone knows that the prices are going to be going up, as there was a little snippet of this news in "The Record", which is our local newspaper here in the Stockton/Lodi area. People want to get some passes while the prices are down. I'm actually thinking of buying my Annual Passport before the price increases. Although I do not know how these new price hikes are going to impact the Annual Passport prices at Disneyland.
    According to Darkbeer's post #3 on the previous page, all levels of AP's will jump $10.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I was at Albertson's today and they were advertising a $99 socal resident 3day park hopper! Wow, now THAT'S what people should be getting. That's an absolute steal!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Blog Entries

Earlier this week, Disney reported quarterly earnings that showed revenues from its parks and resorts unit Parks and Resorts increased 5% to $3 billion and operating income grew 3% to $641 million. Higher attendance and spending at Disneyland Resort Paris was the primary driver, but the company also noted increased income from Walt Disney World Resort that partially offset a decrease in attendance at Disneyland in California
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/disney-hiking-theme-park-admission/story.aspx?guid={702623BD-3180-48FF-97ED-9B7F052EB151}&dist=TQP_Mod_mktwN

I think they are not loosing money all around so until they do I guess they figure a price hike will help show a better profit for wallstreet and the shareholders..

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

guh, and our APs aren't up until October
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    According to Darkbeer's post #3 on the previous page, all levels of AP's will jump $10.
    Actually, the two SoCal AP's are going up $5

The Premium and the Deluxe are going up $10.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 08-03-2008 at 07:36 AM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

I don't have an issue with Disney raising prices, that's their issue. But like Dusty, I REALLY have to wonder about the timing of the increase.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I understand that Disney is trying to prove to Wall Street that everything is fine and that they are even raising their prices when other Theme Parks and Hotels are lowering theirs (at least through promos). But Wall Street isn't stupid. This could hurt Disney seriously in both attendance and in the stock market.

Who's minding the store?!

I am a big believer in fuzzy math... Disney is such a deep company, it could servive easily enough... They could raise their prices, sell less and make more...

I did notice that the promotions they are running are not focused on Disney owned hotels so they can get that "$70 per person per day" thing...

But personally I think such a promotion ultimately shoots themselves in the foot since their business model so fare has focused on hotel occupancy... And I have noticed that it is EASIER to book a disney hotel now than in the privious two years. That isn't good news.
    Check out my other blog:

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

While the Walt Disney Co. recently posted some huge numbers in the last quarter, mostly on the backs of it's theme park division. the question should be Is right now a good time to raise prices domestically? Personally, I think this is a terrible time. they could have held off a few more months, another three months till the right before the next quarter report wouldn't have killed them or the stock price. It definitly would have carried them past the one year mark for the last raising of ticket prices. This is just arm-chair quaterbacking of course, but why not hold off untill the end of the year? Why do it now at the height of summer, why not raise prices in a typically slow time of the year when no one is looking? This just looks like they are trying to squeeze even more profits out in the next quarter report which come out in the fall.
    Last edited by TrojanSkippa; 08-03-2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: I'm a nerd
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12