Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disney theme park ticket prices to rise (Anaheim and Orlando) - AP, 8/1/08

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...2XGJAD929QEH00

As if rising gas and food prices weren't enough, a ticket to the Magic Kingdom will soon cost a few bucks more.

The Walt Disney Co. said Friday it is raising one-day ticket prices at its domestic parks starting Sunday.

Tickets for those aged 10 and older to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla., will rise from $71 to $75, while tickets for children aged 3 to 9 will go from $60 to $63.

At Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., one-day prices will rise from $66 to $69 for those aged 10 and older, and from $56 to $59 for children aged 3 to 9.

The price increase applies in varying degrees for longer stays, while the park hopper option, an add-on that allows ticket-holders to move among any of Disney's parks, will cost $50, up from $45.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Animation Domination

Re: Disney theme park ticket prices to rise (Anaheim and Orlando) - AP, 8/1/08

Okay...if less people come to Disneyland let's just raise the price. It's not like DLR have added more attractions or something.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here are more details of the ANAHEIM price increases from the OC Register...

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/...ces/#more-1086

Single-day, one park:
    Adults: $69 (was $66)
    Children: $59 (was $56)

One-day park hopper:
    Adults: $93 (was $91)
    Children: $84 (was $81)

Two-day park hopper:
    Adults: $143 (was $132)
    Children: $123 (was $112)

Three-day park hopper:
    Adults: $199 (was $189)
    Children: $169 (was $159)

Four-day park hopper:
    Adults: $224 (was $214)
    Children: $194 (was $184)

Five-day park hopper:
    Adults: $244 (was $234)
    Children: $214 (was$204)

ANNUAL PASSES:

Southern California Select:
    $134 (was $129)

Southern California:
    $174 (was $169)

Deluxe:
    $269 (was $259)

Premium:
    $389 (was $379)
    Sonya Smith at the OC Register also reports that Parking fees will remain the same.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yikes. Good Grief. hasn't this been a slow summer for ALL theme park destinations? Maybe right now isn't the best time to be raising prices?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Animation Domination

Annual Passes also increase about $5 or $10 each.
    what...and they want tourists to come yeah right.
    This is like a slap in the face.

• Goofy

worst timing ever.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

does the increase of DL tickets effect the California Pass?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    does the increase of DL tickets effect the California Pass?
    If you are talking about the Southern California CityPass, the answer is no, the contract is for the year, and they cannot raise prices until the current offer expires (January 5th, 2009).

• Senior Minion

Their costs are up significantly, I've been saying that they might do this. I'm not surprised.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

OMG this is ridiculous. It hasn't even been a whole year since they last raised prices (at DLR). Seriously, Disney: stop.

I'm sure glad I renewed my AP before this price hike. Yikes.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    OMG this is ridiculous. It hasn't even been a whole year since they last raised prices (at DLR). Seriously, Disney: stop.
    Actually, it is just under a year, the last price increase was September of 2007.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 08-02-2008 at 06:17 AM. Reason: typo

•   

Blog Entries

5-10 dollars is not going to stop me from going and I do not blame Disney for raising the price, I'm sure there costs are going up and attendance is down so they have to make it up somewhere..

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Actually, it is just under a year, the last price increase was September of 2007.
    Ok. Still... it just comes across that way. To me, anyways. Iger isn't doing much to instill faith in the new direction of the company. I'm having very mixed feelings about the whole thing. But, I think that at least a few of us are feeling this way, too. For every step forward, there seems to be a step back.

Why? Is it really that difficult to make real improvements to the company?

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I'm OK with the price hike if I'm getting something...what am I getting? An emptier park? Sounds like value.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

As a tourist, I'm wondering why Disney would be raising prices on tickets and food at a time when I am hurting most, gas prices are through the roof, and people are losing jobs.

As a shareholder, I'm wondering why Disney isn't doing more to get people into the parks and hotels via discounts and packages. During an economic downturn, we expect some softness, but want to see Disney reacting aggressively to fill their capacity.

As the Administrator of the largest Disneyland discussion board, I'm curious to know who decided to make this move in the middle of their summer season? While slipping in a price increase just after the Summer season might have been a better move - especially in conjunction with a promo of some sort (like a 2fer, play for 3 days, or dining offer) - simply smacking down higher prices when people are hurting is callous at best and idiotic at worst.

I'm NOT saying that Disney doesn't have a right to raise prices - they most certainly do and should. But the decision about when and how to raise prices must be calibrated to public opinion, the economy, the current capacity of the hotels and parks, etc. In this case, the parks are emptier than we have ever seen theme in the summers, Some of the hotels are asking castmembers to take the week off of work due to significantly lower occupancy (particularly the Paradise Pier Hotel), and you can waltz right in to nearly any of the counter service restaurants at Disneyland (even with a huge MiceChat party of 60) and all sit together at Noon. Yes Sir, I'd say that now might not be the right time to raise prices. Especially considering that the Disney product is already priced at a premium with a huge margin. They have plenty of room to wait this out and see where their attendance and the economy is headed.

I understand that Disney is trying to prove to Wall Street that everything is fine and that they are even raising their prices when other Theme Parks and Hotels are lowering theirs (at least through promos). But Wall Street isn't stupid. This could hurt Disney seriously in both attendance and in the stock market.

Who's minding the store?!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast