Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland to McDonald's : Get Out

Thankfully, the McDonald's era at Disneyland is about to come to an end in a few hours.

Disney is a premium brand. It NEVER made sense for Disney to sell out to McDonalds in such an obvious way. It would have been one thing for McDonalds to sponsor an attraction (like they do for the Dinosaur ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom) but having a McD inside of the parks is not what people pay the big bucks on admission tickets for.

If McDonalds is hot to trot to be involved with Disney, let them open a high concept restaurant in Downtown Disney, or sponsor an attraction.

Let's hope that Disney has learned a lesson, and charts a more creative course toward their food locations in the future.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Thankfully, the McDonald's era at Disneyland is about to come to an end in a few hours.

Disney is a premium brand. It NEVER made sense for Disney to sell out to McDonalds in such an obvious way. It would have been one thing for McDonalds to sponsor an attraction (like they do for the Dinosaur ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom) but having a McD inside of the parks is not what people pay the big bucks on admission tickets for.

If McDonalds is hot to trot to be involved with Disney, let them open a high concept restaurant in Downtown Disney, or sponsor an attraction.

Let's hope that Disney has learned a lesson, and charts a more creative course toward their food locations in the future.

I agree with that. I think a higher end McDonald's with nice theme in Downtown Disney would have been great... but not inside the parks.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• E T1CK3T

I got stuck on California Screamin' today, at the very beginning before the launch. Alot of the CMs and maintenance ppl congregated on the catwalk beside the track there, and I started talking to a few of them while we waited to get off. We talked about the McDs leaving the parks after today, and the CM said exactly the same thing you said, Dusty, about the guests not paying alot of money just to have McD inside the parks. He said they need to stay out, and thankfully they were leaving by tomorrow. He suggested, though, that we be brought McD for dinner in honor of its last day lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123