Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Results 136 to 148 of 148
  1. #136

    • Mexihick, y'all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    Take her for goodness sake, take her!!! And instill this passion into your little one, too!

  2. #137

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    779

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    Wow, Marcus Vick was kicked off the team and out of school at Va Tech today. Maurice Clarrett gets arrested for armed robbery. So sad, these kids with all that talent gone to waste. Maybe the need better mentors. Has the game become to much pressure with the money involved, or are thse just kids with problems?

  3. #138

    • Island Paradise
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    806

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    Sounds like the NFL.

  4. #139

    • Still wants to be a cat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2.4 Miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    7,149

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by migo
    Take her for goodness sake, take her!!! And instill this passion into your little one, too!
    I've been waiting 10 years now, he's always promised, but still have never gone to a College game. Been to the Professional games a couple of times (heck I was raised on football), will wait patiently.....maybe we can do a Micechat game together next year!! Hint...Hint!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

  5. #140

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    779

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    I've been waiting 10 years now, he's always promised, but still have never gone to a College game. Been to the Professional games a couple of times (heck I was raised on football), will wait patiently.....maybe we can do a Micechat game together next year!! Hint...Hint!
    Maybe an Aztec game next year. Now that they have Chuck Lomg as there coach. Make a weekend of it in San Diego. Take the train down, spend sometime in the Gaslamp. Have to see weaht we can work around our WDW trip.

  6. #141

    • Mexihick, y'all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999
    Maybe an Aztec game next year. Now that they have Chuck Lomg as there coach. Make a weekend of it in San Diego. Take the train down, spend sometime in the Gaslamp. Have to see weaht we can work around our WDW trip.

    That would be an absolute blast. If you guys decide to come, let me know so I can get you tickets. I'll also give you our schedule, see if there are any good games.

    Also, I know we're coming up for the USC/Husker game, that might be the big one you would like to see!


    As for Marcus Vick, what a punk. And his statements are even worse, that it's no big deal, and he'll just take it to the next level, baby. Sick. I hope he fails, miserably. These young men take for granted that they are given not only an opportunity to shine in the national spotlight, but are given an education, and are blessed with immense talent.

  7. #142

    • ROFLCOPTER
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Mt. Everest
    Posts
    811

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    I still root for Kentucky. *sigh*

    I thought the Macrus Vick thing was overblown, and this is comming from a U of L fan.
    Go Bengals.


    WDW>DL

  8. #143

    • Mexihick, y'all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    I'm so sorry, but I was so excited that KU beat Kentucky this morning.


    The thing with Vick is this...he's a bad egg. I think the University could only let him get away with SO many things before they reacted. Yes, throwing him off the team for doing what he did in the bowl game would have been an over-reaction. Kicking him off the team for doing what he did, for all the things in his past on the team, and knowing that he would go pro, is good publicity for the school. Saying they did the right thing. I don't blame them one bit.

  9. #144

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    779

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    Seems Vince Young as opted for the NFL. Betwwen Vick, Leinart and Young, who would you take? Also probably have Bush and White as runing backs, so it should be an intersting first round. Depending on the team, I would have to go with Young. Maybe a a little weak arm, but seems to have the most upside.


  10. #145

    • Mexihick, y'all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    Out of the three, Young without a doubt. Leinart looks like he's going to be a loser like Crouch, Vick brings way too many problems to the table, and he isn't half as talented as his brother (and that's not saying much). Young has the ability to throw and run.

    I see Young perhaps going number one, over Bush.

  11. #146

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    779

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by migo
    Out of the three, Young without a doubt. Leinart looks like he's going to be a loser like Crouch, Vick brings way too many problems to the table, and he isn't half as talented as his brother (and that's not saying much). Young has the ability to throw and run.

    I see Young perhaps going number one, over Bush.
    I would have to concur. Carson Palmer was the last decent Heisman QB, and there have been quite a few busts. I wonder if Vick willl even be drafted. Some team may take him in the late rounds, but I see him as not getting far. He will join Maurice Clarrett probably somewhere in a prison

    PS. - Aztec game sounds great - can you email a schedule?


  12. #147

    • Mexihick, y'all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999
    I would have to concur. Carson Palmer was the last decent Heisman QB, and there have been quite a few busts. I wonder if Vick willl even be drafted. Some team may take him in the late rounds, but I see him as not getting far. He will join Maurice Clarrett probably somewhere in a prison

    PS. - Aztec game sounds great - can you email a schedule?

    I find it pretty funny that those who win the Heisman tend to not be the ones that shine. It's the ones that lost it. i.e. Faulk.

    I wish Young the best, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders.


    Let me email that schedule right now.

  13. #148

    • Mexihick, y'all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Its College Football Time!!!

    This kid is a freakin' mess! I say he won't get picked up in the NFL....after reading this:

    http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories...=93331&tref=po

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Similar Threads

  1. College Football '08!
    By Jazzman in forum Sports Zone
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 11:28 AM
  2. Hey College Football Fans..........
    By PLAZAINN1 in forum Sports Zone
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 01:05 PM
  3. College Football!
    By Jazzman in forum Sports Zone
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
  4. WOO HOO! College Football!
    By tbminnie in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 10:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •