• Earth Intruder

Film News: CG-Tink Speaks? Bambi 2:The Revenge? Oy vey.

Hey guys, here's a news article I found in the LA Daily News this morning. Bleagh.

PIXIE DUST FOR ALL Are you ready for a new Tinker Bell? Then clap your hands and say, "I DO believe in fairies!"

Your wish will be granted, thanks to DisneyToon Studios, which is making a film tentatively titled "The Tinker Bell Movie," due on DVD, or possibly in theaters, in 2007.

The CG-animated film is the tale of Tink, Peter and the Lost Boys (before Wendy) set in the real world, Neverland and Pixie Hollow with scads of fabulous flighty fairies. Rumor is there will be a "Mean Girls" rivalry between Tink and another willful sprite.

Expect mega-major toy marketing around this much-anticipated family film. And big news: Tink will probably talk! But who willbe the voice of Tink? Disney's lips are sealed, but Hollywood buzz is that she will be a major star, and she's "sassy and spunky."

Well, it probably won't be Julia Roberts, who played Tink in Steven Spielberg's "Hook" (1991). She's a bit long in the tooth to be a young pixie. How about Brittany Murphy, who has a cute, crackly voice. Or maybe Dakota Fanning currently the voice of Lilo in "Lilo and Stitch 2," who inside sources may be the voice of Little Marie, the white kitten in the upcoming "Aristocats II" (2007). Whoever does Tink, she'll be directed by Jim Kammerud ("The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea," "101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure.")

Also coming next year from the Mouse pad: "Bambi II," with Alexander Gould (who voiced Nemo) as Bambi and the mellifluously voiced Patrick Stewart as his dad. Insiders say the tale will be a coming-of-age story that has Bambi coping with the death of his mother.
    OK there are so many things messed with this article, it is hard to begin. I knew all that pixie crap they were handing out at Disneyland over the last week would end up in a movie, but whaa? Tink speaking? In CG, no less? Doesn't anyone realize she looks pretty darned lousy in CG? "Much anticipated family film"??? Come on.

And Bambi 2?? Oh I know "a coming-of-age story that has Bambi coping with the death of his mother"... it's called BAMBI.

Whatcha guys think of this?
    Last edited by Chernabog; 08-28-2005 at 11:24 AM.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Re: Film News: CG-Tink Speaks? Bambi 2:The Revenge? Oy vey.

Ugh. The Fairies merchandise at The Disney Store IS cute, but...no, I just can't see Tinkerbell talking in english. It's blasphemous, to both Disney's version and the original book/plays. xD

• Senior Minion

Ok I enjoyed BAMBI and will always enjoy this masterpiece.

But I am absolutely sickened by the thought of the BAMBI sequel. When I saw the trailer, the disappointment I felt is beyond words! And Tink talking? Come on! I can't believe this.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu
    Ugh. The Fairies merchandise at The Disney Store IS cute, but...no, I just can't see Tinkerbell talking in english. It's blasphemous, to both Disney's version and the original book/plays. xD
    I agree, we shouldn't be able to hear Tink talk....

They should use subtitles!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    I agree, we shouldn't be able to hear Tink talk....

They should use subtitles!
    yes, they should use Aramaic, The Passion of the Pixie
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

OK... how long do you suppose it will be before we hear Dopey talk?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Do I seem familiar?

What I've seen of the CG Tink looks good. I'm not a Tink or Peter Pan person myself, but I'm looking forward to it, if only for the beautiful imagery.

But Bambi's father in Bambi 2? Where was he in Bambi 1?

• All you need is LOVE

Wow thanks for info

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    OK... how long do you suppose it will be before we hear Dopey talk?
    Already done. About 25+ years ago.

When Snow White was made for the stage and performed at RKO, Dopey did talk at the end in a farewell similar to Clarabelle's infamous last (and first) line on the finale of The Howdy Doody Show.

They did tape the show once -- it was released on video, too. I remember renting it when I was a kid, that's how I was able to see it.
    -Tim