View Poll Results: Who is your favorite host for Sci-Fi's "Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction" show?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Brolin

1 10.00%
  • Jonathan Frakes

9 90.00%

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Who watches Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction on sci-fi?

Has any one here seen a show called Beyond Belief? Well anyway, it is an hour long show that lets you determine out of 5 stories, which one are true and which ones or false and it usually airs on Sci-Fi atleast once a day.

If anyone has seen the show, do they remember any of their favorite stories and if they were true or not?

My favorite story is said to be true and this is how it goes.....

A man had sleepwalking problems. On night when he was sleepwalking, he tripped over his daughters doll house and fixed it for her again the next day. his wife then got sick of dealing with this problem and tried everything should could to fix it. She even put a wrist band with a bell on it around his wrist so if he went walking off they could easily find him. She would stay up Night after night to make sure her husband did not wander off. But one night she fell asleep and woke up only to realize that he was gone. She called the cops and looked all over the place and no one could find him. The daughter then called his wife over into the playroom and then pointed over to the doll house. The mom looked at the house only to realize that a mysterious doll who looked like her husband was laying an a dolls bed with a wristband and a bell attached to his wrist. They say that the doll supposively holds the sould of the father in it.

(Of course to me, the Dad could have run away and left a doll he made...But the story non the less is very entertaining).

If anyone else has seen this show please tell us your favorite story and if it was true or false.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Who watches Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction on sci-fi?

Has anyone even heard of this show?

• I Hug My Tapirs

I watch it! I love trying to pick out the fake stories.

Jonathan Frakes is definitely the best host, but I was raised on Star Trek: TNG, so I'm biased.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

The Frakes' versions are edited much better, because the ending clip (telling if it's Fact or Fiction) is actually revelant to the story, instead of just a voiceover describing the clip, and then a generic "Fact/Fiction" clip. As well, there were more props, and it just seemed smoother. Franks was a better host, but the better editing really gives it the edge over the Brolin season. Note that Frakes hosted it in 1998, 2000, and 2002 (Brolin only hosted in 1997). This was a cheap show to produce that Fox would throw on in the summer, to keep ratings up on Friday nights). It's sad to see it gone, I liked the fact that the stories were short, and that the writers did a good enough job to fool you some of the time.
    -Monorail Man

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I try to watch it whenever I think of it. I'm usually pretty good at picking out the real storys.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I hate this one! I like the ones where supposedly all the stories are true, and they try to debunk them and say what really happened. "Proof Positive" and "Ghost Hunters" are good ones. I forget what show it was yesterday but they had some guy seriously talking about how "rods" are these creatures we don't know about and how they don't fly, they swim through the air. Funny stuff. Especially because the "rods" are bugs, very close to the camera lens so they are bright and out of focus.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl
    I hate this one! I like the ones where supposedly all the stories are true, and they try to debunk them and say what really happened. "Proof Positive" and "Ghost Hunters" are good ones. I forget what show it was yesterday but they had some guy seriously talking about how "rods" are these creatures we don't know about and how they don't fly, they swim through the air. Funny stuff. Especially because the "rods" are bugs, very close to the camera lens so they are bright and out of focus.

I like ghost hunters. The new episode is coming on in 30 minutes. I like hearing about urban legends so that is why I like Beyond Belief. Sometimes I watch Proof Positive. I HATE Unexplained Mysteries though. All they do is tell UFO stories. I LOVE unsolved mysteries for their ghost stories too. Man Robert stack has the perfect voice for those.

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

I really liked Frakes as #1 on star trek NG but losted all respect for him when I meet his WIFE FROM HELL. She is a real B***H, I meet her when my friend worked on GH.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Has anyone seen Travel Channels "Most Haunted" on Friday nights? That show makes me laugh because the crew is so darn serious about what they do. I think Ghost Hunters is more better because you actually get to see what Jason, Grant, and their crew do when they are not ghost hunting and it gives a little sense of you knowing them. Plus they are open minded and debunk whatever they can. "the Most Haunted" crew does not seem to be open minded and they seem to belive every thing is caused by ghosts.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh and I lOVE Beyond Beliefs Theme song. I wish it was longer and on CD.

I just set a couple episodes of Most Haunted to record. I'll remember that they believe too much. It'll still be interesting to see what they can catch on tape.

Yes, Robert Stack has a great voice for that. I'm with you on the UFO stories. Boring!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.