• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Disney's "3 Wise Men" to Wal-Mart

Dis makes 'Wise' move with retailer

In a move that reflects the growing clout of big retailers, the Walt Disney Co. is giving Wal-Mart exclusive sales rights through the end of the year to the animated holiday feature film "The 3 Wise Men," which debuts on DVD Nov. 1. The Arenas Entertainment production, released theatrically in Spain and France in 2003, was animated by Animagicstudio, whose principals are veterans of such Disney hits as "Fantasia 2000," "Hercules" and "Tarzan." Martin Sheen, Emilio Estevez and Eddy Martin were among those tapped to provide voices for the English-language version of the film. The voice cast also includes Christian recording artists Jaci Velasquez and Marcos Witt.

from The Hollywood Reporter
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Man O Lantern

Re: Disney's "3 Wise Men" to Wal-Mart

Well then...there's a DVD I won't be buying.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Well then...there's a DVD I won't be buying.
    My thoughts exactly! (Well I won't buy it until it goes into "wide release"... and then only if it gets good reviews.)

Sounds like just the thing the "God, guns, & gays" (and Narnia) crowd will just eat up.

Is it 2-D or 3-D?
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Wisely, it looks quite Aladdin-like, it was nominated for best animated film at the Goya Awards in Spain last year.

SYNOPSIS
    It is days before Jesus' birth in the city of Judea, which is under Roman dominance. Herod, the tyrannical Roman emperor, enlists the help of Belial, his faithful advisor and magician, in order to rule with impunity. But something is about to change...

Three known magicians, Gaspar, Melchior, and Balthasar, have spent years looking for a sign indicating an impending change for the course of humanity. And, the moment has finally arrived.
    Guided by a bright new star, the three magicians must combine their special powers and expertise to search out the Royal Gifts—before Herod finds them—which authenticate the supremacy of the King of Kings.

They embark on an adventure-filled quest that culminates with their transformation from three magicians into The Three Wise Men. -- © Arenas Entertainment
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    Three known magicians, Gaspar, Melchior, and Balthasar, have spent years looking for a sign indicating an impending change for the course of humanity. And, the moment has finally arrived.
    Guided by a bright new star, the three magicians must combine their special powers and expertise to search out the Royal Gifts—before Herod finds them—which authenticate the supremacy of the King of Kings.

They embark on an adventure-filled quest that culminates with their transformation from three magicians into The Three Wise Men. -- © Arenas Entertainment
    OK, so maybe the "God, guns, and Gays" crowd won't go for this after all. Rewriting the Bible is not something they're fond of!
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

Ewww. The movie sounds all right, but I'd have to go to a WalMart. That's not happening. Oh, well, it's not long until the end of the year and it'll go into wide release.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.