Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

New DVD Release Schedule

I know there will be other DVD's released, but I am only concerned with the big blockbusters and Pixar or Disney movies so that's all I report.

The Incredible Hulk will be sometime in November or December

Iron Man 9/30/08

Indiana Jones/Crystal Skull 10/04/08

Wall-E 11/18/08

Narnia: Prince Caspian 12/02/08

How the West was Won a totally restored version from the three strip Cinerama version. New sound track and the dividing lines have been removed. 10/09/08

Polar Express in 3-D with four sets of 3-D glasses included. I saw this in 3-D at IMAX when it first came out and it is spectacular in 3-D. 10/28/08
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Circle of Ancients

Re: New DVD Release Schedule

Thank you for posting this Lost Boy. I can't wait for Hulk, Iron Man, and Wall-E.

• Circle of Ancients

Isn't the Sleeping Beauty Blu-Ray due sometime soon as well???

Thanks for the list Lost Boy.

• Animation Domination

Isn't Sleeping Beauty: PE coming out on Oct. 7?

• Animation Domination

Indy comes out October 13.

Sleeping Beauty on both DVD and Blu Ray is on Oct 7th.

The big full two page ad for the Indy movie in the industry home video magazine that only goes to video stores which we get because we carry videos had it listed for a street date of Oct 14th.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Fortuosity!

How the West Was Won will also be on Blu-ray, packaged in a hardcover book that reproduces the original press book and includes lobby card reproductions and a movie poster offer. On Blu-ray you'll also be able to view the film in a "curved screen" effect as well as traditional letterboxing.

The Godfather trilogy comes to Blu-ray September 23 and again on DVD that date.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Animation Domination

Lost Boy Wrote:

The big full two page ad for the Indy movie in the industry home video magazine that only goes to video stores which we get because we carry videos had it listed for a street date of Oct 14th.
    Oops, you are right Indy comes out on October 14.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

This site http://videoeta.com/ has a good list of what is coming out although it has everything so you have to kind of weed through all DVD releases.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Directly directed

The Nightmare before Christmas comes out on Blu Ray soon too.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    The Nightmare before Christmas comes out on Blu Ray soon too.
    This coming Tuesday.
    Mike

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I can't wait for Nightmare Before Christmas on Tuesday because i really want to watch the Computer animated ride through of the Haunted Mansion Holiday that will be included as a bonus feature !

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Im in for every single one of those movies. I havent seen "How the West Was Won" in years though. I might have to look into getting it for my dad.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

In Hollywood we have the Cinerama Dome. It was built for the three strip process but before it opened Cinerama switched to the large film on camera system making that theater out of date and they simply installed the new system and closed off all the old projector rooms.

Recently they decided to find as many of the original three camera/projector movies that they could. How The West Was Won was one of only three prints left in existance. They have shown it twice now in the original three strip system and sound. It is an amazing movie with an all star cast of great actors/actresses of the time, most of whom are gone now. They have also shown "This is Cinerama" and one other that I can't remember the name of right now. This is the only theater in the United States that can still show these great movies which where the precissors of wide screen films to come. If you live in the Los Angles or Southern California area, keep an eye on the Pacific Archlight Hollywood listings and if they start advertising any of these films make a date to go see them. You won't be disappointed.

I am a little irked that only the Blu Ray version of HTWWW will only have that curved screen feature. Some of us don't have the money for these expensive new Blu Ray video machines or the HD TV's that are required to use them properly. If they do something like that it should also be on the DVD version as well.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Disneyland PAP

^ I just found out that HTWWW Blu-ray comes in the small coffee table book version that WB's been doing. I like those things, I have Dirty Harry and Bonnie and Clyde on BD in the book formats too. Here's a photo of it along with a funny trailer screened in Cinemascope.

As for Blu-ray having the "SmileBox" curved format as an BD exclusive for HTWWW,
    I understand their reasoning, obviously to convert more folks to buying Blu-ray players. The BD exclusive on Enchanted is what actually tipped me over the line into buying my PS3. I later used my Christmas gift cards and tax refund to get my HDTV. I am one spoiled puppy now, and my friends are a tad envious too. So I don't expect BD exclusives to be going away at all for a while. Hey, it goes both ways. The Nightmare Before Christmas Collector's Edition doesn't appear to have a Blu-ray version, just DVD! Same with the Best Buy exclusives for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Iron Man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast