Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Disneyland Resort has made major changes to its operating hours on Sunday,October

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I know she's a Disney starlet...whatever. It's rediculous.
    Disney Channel starlet would more accurately describe one of the non-household name sidekicks on one of the network's various shows.

Whether you like it or not this teenage girl is at the center of a highly-successful Disney franchise encompassing a TV series, albums, sold-out major market/big-time arena concert tour, a hit 3-D film, a voice role in a Walt Disney Pictures' animated film and starring in an upcoming live-action feature not to mention hundreds of products and merchandising. Hundreds of millions of dollars in the Disney coffers brought in on the efforts and appeal of Miley Cyrus is an impressive thing, admitting or appreciating it is solely optional.

A public service event melded with a promotional opportunity on private property would seem fairly matter-of-fact were it not set for the same weekend as an annual local event at the parks. Would it have generated less outcry had it been State Farm Insurance, Coca-Cola or any other corporation booking a lucrative private event? The kid's work schedule and availability was probably more of a factor in scheduling than the Disneyland Resort outwardly trying to insult any potential customers.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Resort has made major changes to its operating hours on Sunday,October

I will be addressing this in tomorrow's Monday in the Parks column, but the MAIN reason of the event is the "Disney Parks and Resorts" promotion of "What Will You Celebrate?" Marketing Theme for 2009, and maybe all the way to the 55th Anniversary of Disneyland.

Both Anaheim and Orlando had the date blocked out, and adjustments were made to allow for the event to be held at either city. But it looks like Miley's schedule and requests got the event to be held in Anaheim.

Should be interesting to see how they find enough Hotel Rooms for the Media....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

I see no problem with this. I am also certain it will sell out.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Sounds like a GayDays sunrise meet might be in order!! That would be so fun! But wait... maybe no one can wake up that early after Sat. night. lol.

I'd sure be willing to try though... it's very rare to be able to be in the park that early, and it will probably be empty!
    Uhm, wake up ... how bout an all-nighter!!!!

6:30, isn't that later than what they did for Pirates??? Wasn't it 6am before???

And this just means if your planning on going to Gay Days, better make sure to book that hotel soon.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    6:30, isn't that later than what they did for Pirates??? Wasn't it 6am before???
    No, same time.... From a May, 2006 post here at MiceChat.

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ons-27275.html

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer

Also, in the month of June, some Early Entry days will be switched or cancelled due to Grad Nites and the Pirates Premiere. As I understand it, two Thursday EE's (15th and 20th) will be moved to Wednesdays and that Saturday the 24th one is cancelled. (The park opens for everyone at 6:30 AM).
    Heck, Disney needs some time to clean and restock overnight.....

The park turnstiles close at Midnight, but it takes between 30 to 60 minutes to get the guests out of the park, though I bet the CM's, including security will be pushing people a bit more than normal....

A lot to get done in less than 6 hours!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    This whole Miley thing is way over the top to me. Unreal they'd close the park early for HER. I know she's a Disney starlet...whatever. It's rediculous.
    It's getting paid for ($250pp), so Disney isn't putting out any money for it.
    DL closes for private parties. Usually not on a weekend day, though.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12