Thread: Disney Fair

Disney Fair

Anyone remember the "disney fair"? I am from Washington state, and we have a huge fair which happens once a year in Puyallup. A few years back, Disney erected a large circus tent with a stage show. Additionally, another tent featuring interactive games and small child play toys was created. I was just wondering what happened to this show and if it still travels? It only happened ONE time in puyallup. Just curious!

• Minion

Re: Disney Fair

Wow...that sounds great!! I've never heard of it, but I hope someone can answer your question as now I am curious also!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• Hiding from the Sheeple

It has been nine years since the fair (seems like yesterday). It premiered in 1996 and only made it to two fairs. I actually enjoyed the show when it came to Phoenix. It did not last long and was closed after Phoenix as too many fair attendees did not like paying an additional fee for entrance. It was renamed and moved to Japan where it also died a quick death.

• Mice Chat Newbie

Wow - if they did that again, I may be tempted to go to the Puyallup Fair.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

What was the show? Any pics?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

I don't have pictures. I could describe it though.

Two gigantic yellow and white circus tents were constructed in a fenced off parking lot. Within the lot were some ESPN activities. This included one of those rock climbing walls and basket ball hoop games.

Closer to the tents was a Churro cart and various disneyland type food carts.

In the main tent, there was this show I can vaguly remember. I don't remember much at all. I think it was just the main disney characters in costume doing a musical number.

After the show, the other tent had a bunch of interactive things similar to innoventions. There were a lot of child play toys.

I was pretty disapointed with the disney fair. I was hoping for some sort of traveling E ticket attraction! Oh well.

I was a cast member in this show. We only played Puyallup and the Arizona State Fair. We were supposed to hit Chicago after Arizona - but union issues kept us out - so we all headed back to our points of origin expecting a full 14 month tour to launch in January of 1997 - unfortunately, right before Christmas we all got word that we were officially closed. Last I heard, the show was retooled and sent to Japan. I have a ton of pictures, memories and a full proshot video of the show (and the complete audio track) if anyone wants to email me - or if it's a general info question that everyone might want to read the answer to ask me here and I will respond here.

Eric
    [email protected]
    Last edited by theaterbear; 01-31-2006 at 03:16 AM.