BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Olympic volleyball star guests on 'Wizards of Waverly Place'

Misty May-Treanor to Guest-Star on Wizards of Waverly Place

By Monica Rizzo
    People
    Originally posted Wednesday September 03, 2008 10:15 AM EDT

Misty May-Treanor
    Photo by: Ray Tamarra / Getty

Misty May-Treanor, fresh from winning Olympic gold in Beijing, will stop by the Wizards of Waverly Place set on Sept. 9 to tape an appearance for season two of the Disney Channel's hit tween show.

In the episode, which does not yet have a scheduled airdate, May-Treanor will guest-star as herself, paying a visit to Max (Jake T. Austin) after she hears about a "mysterious ailment" from which he is suffering. Then it's discovered Max simply used his magic to get out of gym class.

"Since my return from Beijing I've had opportunities to be involved with fun projects outside of beach volleyball," Treanor, 31, tells PEOPLE. "I can't wait to meet the cast and be part of such a creative show."

Indeed, since winning with partner Kerri Walsh, May-Treanor has had barely enough time to remove the sand from between her toes.

The beach volleyball star has been going non-stop with rehearsals for season seven of Dancing with the Stars, appearances with David Letterman and Oprah Winfrey, and competing with Walsh on the 2008 AVP Crocs Pro Beach Volleyball tour.
    Misty May-Treanor to Guest-Star on Wizards of Waverly Place - TV News : People.com

• Scrumtralescent

Re: Olympic volleyball star guests on 'Wizards of Waverly Place'

I guess she's got four years to fill til her next gold medal...more power to her!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-08-2008, 11:54 PM