• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

new UMD format for The Incredibles

Buena Vista's 'Incredibles' adds heft to fall UMD slate

The burgeoning Universal Media Disc format just got a big boost. Buena Vista Home Entertainment said Tuesday that its next wave of movie titles for Sony's PlayStation Portable, due Nov. 15, will be headed by "The Incredibles," the top-selling home video title of the year. Also coming to UMD that day from Buena Vista are "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D" and "Clerks," director Kevin Smith's first feature film. It's a big notch in the belt of the hot new format, which many studios and independent suppliers see as a lucrative source of incremental revenue. Indeed, there are now more UMD movie and TV titles available than game titles, even though PSP's primary target is the young-adult video game fan. (Thomas K. Arnold for The Hollywood Reporter)
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Minion

Re: new UMD format for The Incredibles

Buena Vista has been pretty consistent with it's great quality UMD's. I don't think I'll be picking this one up though. However, I'd be interested in a Ducktales set like the upcoming Ren and Stimpy box seasons 1 and 2 UMD box set...

Now if only we could get more games...