• back to WDW in January

The "Muppets" Return For Christmas

Looks like we'll be seeing another Muppets special for the holidays:

NBC sets 'Muppets Christmas'
    Whoopi Goldberg, Tony Sirico among stars
    By Nellie Andreeva
    Sept 8, 2008, 12:00 AM ET

NBC is getting into the holiday spirit with "Letters to Santa -- A Muppets Christmas."
    Whoopi Goldberg, "The Sopranos" alums Tony Sirico and Steve Schirripa, "Harry Potter" regular Richard Griffiths and Madison Pettis are set to star in the special alongside Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Miss Piggy and the rest of the muppets gang.
    "Letters" is set on Christmas Eve when Kermit and company mistakenly avert three letters en route to Santa Claus, which triggers a race against time to bring a happy Christmas to the kids whose wishes were lost in the mail.
    The special, from Muppets Prods., will feature songs by "The Muppet Movie" songwriter Paul Williams.
    It follows last year's ABC sepecial "Elmo's Christmas Countdown" that starred the Muppets' "Sesame Street" cousins as well as Sirico, Schirripa, Ben Stiller and Alicia Keys.
    Goldberg is repped by WMA. Sirico is with McGowan Management.
    Pettis is repped by UTA and Untitled.
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Re: The "Muppets" Return For Christmas

I wonder why it is on NBC than ABC? hmm
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

It's the old, "It's better to receive than give" holidays philosophy.
    Sell the rights for broadcast to other network for profit, presumbly more than advertising revenue would have generated. ABC must have other offerings set for air.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/news/...l-11-28-a.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Tomorrow's Child

Hmm although we got the utter waste of space that was Shrek the Halls at Christmas, I doubt the UK will be lucky enough to get this on time too.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I really liked Shrek the Halls! Certainly better than Shrek The Third, at any rate.

• back to WDW in January

The cast has been updated as follows:

It's a Muppets all-star lineup! Uma Thurman , Jane Krakowski , Nathan Lane , Jesse L. Martin, Paul Williams, supermodel Petra Nemcova, and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg signing on to the cast of NBC's A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa. They'll join previously announced stars Whoopi Goldberg , Richard Griffiths , Tony Sirico , Steve Schirripa and Madison Pettis in the one-hour song and dance special, which follows Kermit and crew as they make their way to Santa in the North Pole to save Christmas . It airs Dec. 17.
    Source: Yahoo News

• Minion

I have a friend who is in this movie. He has pictures up on his MySpace page. Looks like a lot of fun!