Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• All you need is LOVE

Re: New Gilmore Girls Sept. 13, 2005

What will Rory Do???
    Last edited by Crazy Legs; 09-13-2005 at 08:07 PM.

• All you need is LOVE

I love this show
    Last edited by Crazy Legs; 09-13-2005 at 08:07 PM.

• All you need is LOVE

Rorys name is Lorelei

• All you need is LOVE

What happened....

Spoiler
    Sept 13 2005 premiere
    basically, Luke said yes, they tried to toast, but all they could find after going into dosees market was Zima, so they went on the gazebo and toasted with zima bottles. Logan throws Rory a Felon party. He gives her a month before she is back in school and hates her life out of it. She tells him that she can go on forever, but it seems like he is not too happy with her decision. ( I think he liked the fact that she was a smart girl, but thats just me...) Then Richard tried to get Lorelai to come to a meeting with the lawyer, and the court hearing but she wouldnt go. Ms Patty and Babbette thought luke had asked Lorelai to marry him and were weirded out that he didnt do the asking. Kirk sells Luke a ring then tries to buy it back for Lulu because he is kirk.. what else can we say? Paris finds out that Rory quit Yal, goes to Lorelais house, and tries to get her to kidnap rory and tie her up til she gets back together. Lorelai gives Paris her cell number, and tells her she can call at any time. Emily goes to Lorelais house to get Rorys stuff, but finds Michel there to babysit her while she takes the things that arent boxed or anything, Emily gets mad, Lorelai packs everything up and brings it to Richard and Emily late at night, wakes them up, tells them they won, They get her they can finally have the daughter they always wanted, the do-over. Then goes home, and cries in Rorys empty room. Luke then comes over and says something about a full moon and the episode ends.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

OK I dont like the shows where Lorelai and Rory are fighting The fun dialogue between them isnt there and next weeks episode looks like more of the same.

I must say my fav part was the Zima scene. "Chick beer" - lol.

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    OK I dont like the shows where Lorelai and Rory are fighting The fun dialogue between them isnt there and next weeks episode looks like more of the same.

I must say my fav part was the Zima scene. "Chick beer" - lol.
    I know Zima LOL

• no flash photography...

I liked when her mother came over and her Rory's stuff wasn't ready and then her mother dropped it off late at night waking her parents up. That is sooo what would happen between my mother and I. Actually we ahve those kind of run ins all the time...LOL

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

O-Nut. I agree. At this point the show does not look to be "fun" for awhile. Since I had a few hours to think on it all, I'm still trying to decide if I "believe" Lorelai's reactions to Rory. In many ways it seems a bit out of character, but I'm not sure the relationship between the 2 ladies can be the same again. Rory turned on Lorelai on the one thing that was a strong basis to their relationship - the shared understanding of "Emily and Richard's" place in their family.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

I likes the tone of the show, there's gotta be conflict before we get back to the signature banter, etc. Just like when Rory ran off to Italy w/ Emily and the great "A Room With A View" show closer! Here's a really good piece that ran in Entertainment Weekly's Fall Preview issue that gives a good sense of the show's direction:

On a soundstage deep in Burbank, Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, clad in a Tinkerbell T-shirt — pretty tame for a woman known to sport a mountainous satin top hat to Hollywood parties — is paging through a newspaper when she stumbles upon an ad for the movie Bewitched. ''It would have been a train wreck, if anyone had sprung for the train,'' she deadpans, living up to her reputation as the fastest pop-culture mouth in the West. She turns and grins: ''I'm like your worst drunk aunt Mary directing a TV show, huh?''

Well, no. Our drunk aunt Mary wasn't lucid enough to write anything like Gilmore, a glorious hour about mothers and daughters and their lunatic asylum of a town. But credit the unique spaztastic energy of Sherman-Palladino (backed by her more organized, Rory-esque husband, Dan Palladino) for pulling the WB show out of a ratings slump, attracting 4.7 million viewers in its fifth year — its highest ratings since 2003. Want proof of her single-minded vision for the show? Ask the cast about the new season. ''Who knows?'' laughs Scott Patterson, a.k.a. Lorelai's soul mate Luke. ''They leave a script in the mailbox, and you run and tear it open and see where it goes. I'm as much a fan as anybody else.''

When non-cast-member fans last saw the Gilmores, Rory (Alexis Bledel) had dropped out of Yale, been arrested for boat-lifting, and moved in with grandparents Richard and Emily (Edward Herrmann and the delightfully nasty Kelly Bishop), breaking the heart of her mom, Lorelai (Lauren Graham). The only bright spot in the heart-wrenching final episodes: Lorelai's last-second proposal to Luke. So...what does he say?? ''He answers her proposal'' is all Sherman-Palladino will allow. Dan's more reassuring. ''No one's gonna wake up in the shower and say it was a dream,'' he promises. But as for everything else, he'll only say, ''It was a real F-you to Lorelai, Rory going to the Gilmores, and we're going to follow the implications of that.'' Also reassuring: Matt Czuchry returns as charming bad-influence boyfriend Logan. While their yacht escapade causes Rory more trouble than she bargained for, Bledel's enjoying the relationship. ''Rory's exhausting a lot of the time,'' she says. ''Now she's taking it down a notch. It's kind of nice.'' Graham, however, isn't thrilled at the prospect of freezing out her kid. ''It's difficult for me to speak that way to her,'' she says. (In fact, the two start the season not speaking at all.) ''It's dysfunctional, but it's a good story,'' she adds. Good enough to hope for an Emmy nod — but Gilmore keeps coming up empty in the major categories. ''A year like last year doesn't come around very often,'' says Sherman-Palladino. ''And to not have that acknowledged? It makes you wonder who you have to...'' We'll stop her here because, as she's fond of reminding people, this is a family show.

At least scoring her dream guest star might ease the pain. Gilmore will celebrate Rory's 21st birthday this season with an appearance by former secretary of state Madeleine Albright. ''That's the broad every chick should want to be!'' Sherman-Palladino crows. ''Nobody should want to be a f---in' Hilton!'' How about a Gilmore Girl? Can we want to be one of those?

—Whitney Pastorek
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I was thinking of something else, whats up with Lukes (Scott Pattersons) hair?! Not only does he need a haircut but it looks highlighted! I think he's totally hot but the new "do" has to go!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123