Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: 'Pirates 4', 'Lone Ranger' & more in store at Disney

I'm not thrilled with news of more Pirates... I guess I'm just scared they'll start getting really bad. And yeah, I'm a little over the whole pirate hysteria that the world seems to be going through. I'm a big fan of POTC, pirate history, and sailing ships in general, and I have been for a long time, and you know how it kind of just blows when you like something, and all of a sudden everyone around is obsessed with it too? Anyway, the first film was really quality, and the second two wern't bad at all, and I guess I'm just scared they're going to ruin a good thing.e

Tanto should be good though. I know absolutely nothing about the Lone Ranger, but if I know Depp, any role that seems "surprising" is going to just be pure genius. The mad hatter isn't really surprising, since he and Burton are total BFF, but that whole thing should be pretty good too, eh?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Wilderness Explorer

Okay...was there really any doubt that there would be a fouth 'Pirate's' film though? This is one of Disney's strongest brands, especially with the hard to target boys (supposedly Disney's marketing team has always done well with princesses for the girls). I just assumed that it was only a matter of time until another movie was made.

But I certainly agree with other posters that "Pirates of the Carribean" 4 should leave the Will and Elizabeth storyline lie and introduce two new "main" characters whose lives Jack and Barbossa mangle by association. Besides, what with being ressurected and all, they have always struck me as the more timeless and "God-like" figures in the series at least archetypally. I mean, Jack is so analogous to other "trickster" characters like Ananzi of African myth.

So it makes sense to me that these characters live on...meanwhile, the more "human" characters can do with a change over.

• Vroom, vroom!

I alredy Knew about Depp being Tonto its a part of Darkhorse where my second cousen works.
    Hes the assistent director to the movie. I sooo wish I could do work like that with him.(sigh im broke )
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Not that interested in Pirates 4. The first one was great. The second two got really stupid with a LOT of computer generated scenes...
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I know this sounds crazy, but I would love to see a love interest for Captain Jack. If I can't kiss him, I want to see someone else do it and live through her!

Not really thrilled to see ANOTHER pirates movie, I think there is such a thing as overkill! I adore Depp and would love to see him in almost anything but I think Pirates has run it's course. Just my opinion.

I totally disliked Charlie and the Chocolate factory so I am a little nervous about Alice In Wonderland being redone, it is like my fav, as you can probably tell from my avatar and I didn't really like Beowulf (the movie or the 3D animation).

Guess I am an old fart and like the hand-drawn animation. I have to admit though he would make a terrific Mad Hatter... ha ha ha
    A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWings View Post

And news on The Lone Ranger excites me if only because that might mean good things for Frontierland. (:
    I wouldn't hold my breath on this one... After all they did a Country Bear Jamboree movie and look what it did for the Country Bear Jamboree attraction...

As for the rest of it, I'm in the camp that the first POTC was good, the second one was ok, but by the time they got to the third one I was like... huh? This is it? Blah!

The Lone Ranger I'm sure will be good if they have a strong story line but I'm thinking no matter who the lead is, Depp will carry the movie with his portrayal of Tonto, and he will be the reason many people (women) will see it.

But Depp as the Mad Hatter?? I'm certainly looking forward to that and seeing what kind of spin Burton puts on Alice!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12