Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• DCA FTW!

Re: POTC Movie #4 Announced!

Cool beans!
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4

I don't see Johnny as Tonto. Couldn't they get an ethnically accurate person to play him??? Wonder why Tonto and not the Lone Ranger.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I don't see Johnny as Tonto. Couldn't they get an ethnically accurate person to play him??? Wonder why Tonto and not the Lone Ranger.
    Johnny IS part Indian on BOTH sides of his family:

Johnny's Cherokee heritage comes from both sides of his family, but is particularly strong on his mother's side. Johnny's great-grandmother, Minnie, was a full-blooded Cherokee. He also has Irish and German ancestry. He discussed his ethnicity in a television interview in 2002:
    source

Hmmmm, wonder if they considered having having Johnny play BOTH parts? Haley Mills style!

Seriously, I think they need someone a little younger and larger in physical stature for the lone ranger.

• Circle of Ancients

As long as it's not Shia LeBeouf.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    As long as it's not Shia LeBeouf.
    No, but I hear that Shia will be playing the Lone Ranger's motorbike-riding greaser son.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I hope so. It will be my third attempt to get a signed autograph.I'm just too excited for words.
    Just don't wear a skirt to the parks that day. If I have any sage advice it's that.

They left PotC3 open for a 4th. It makes a lot of money too...

• Minion

I'm glad to hear this news for BOTH films. Yes I thought POTC3 was bloated, but it was also a lot of fun. I'm hoping by perhaps not focusing on a dozen story lines, they might come up with a great addition to the franchise.

And Lone Ranger... this is REALLY great news, and perhaps, could mean good news for Frontierland. I know people are sick of the movie tie-ins, but it's a land in the park that could use an infusion of both interest and money and this would help do that.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I would like for them to stray a little bit more away from the supernatural and go back to swashbuckling. I think they can do a race for the Fountain of Youth that's set up at the end of the third one pretty well. You also don't have to introduce a lot of supernatural stuff for that, either.

I think given the end (I mean VERY end) of the 3rd one, we don't have to worry about Will or Elizabeth Turner being in this one. Which is good because I favor Sparrow anyway.

• Senior Minion

Get rid of all the superfluous characters that ended up clogging up the third one and concentrate on the captaian and crew of the Black Pearl. Only then would I even consider seeing this movie following the over-inflated At World's End.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Get rid of all the superfluous characters that ended up clogging up the third one and concentrate on the captaian and crew of the Black Pearl. Only then would I even consider seeing this movie following the over-inflated At World's End.
    I don't see where any of the characters were superfluous. And in essence, they did finish the story with Will and Elizabeth ~ so it wouldn't be necessary to see them in a new Capt Jack Sparrow movie. (However, a cameo by either would be possible. They also got rid of Beckett, Norington, Elizabeth's dad, Davy Jones, and the Monkey's, and Tia Dalma. (Of which, it would only seem that Tia Dalma could make an appearance, in some sort of mystical way - as she is Calypso, and would be keeping an eye on the waters.) So it wouldn't be necessary to have any of them in the next movie.

The end of PotC 3, is with Capt Jack and his crew, so it is a probable starting point. But they do have to consider how Jack will make his 1st appearance in this 4th movie.

And that leaves one other character that really should play a part in the 4th movie. That of course is Captain Barbossa. By the time we saw him at the very end of PotC 2, everyone was glad to see him back. And it was great to see Jack and Barbossa continue their feud in PotC 3. However, the 4th would need to explore something new in their relationship.

I would say NO to having Jack take up a serious love interest. Plus, I don't see just one woman in his future. The only thing he would want to be married to is the sea. However, it would be important to have him continue with his flirtations. How about a wife, or ex wife for Barbossa?!?!?!?!? We don't know anything about his family.

Of course, any of the other pirate lords, or their successors could be in the movie.

Let's just hope they don't screw up and ruin the series by adding aliens and spaceships, like they did with Indy.

I wonder if they'll include anything that was created for Pirates Online in the new movie.

• Senior Minion

A good-old-fashioned romp with Jack and friends is what is needed.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Goofy

what will the fourth movie be about? is it the fountain of youth?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    what will the fourth movie be about? is it the fountain of youth?
    I doubt the writers could even give you a solid answer. They have other projects first.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

Let's just hope they don't screw up and ruin the series by adding aliens and spaceships, like they did with Indy.
    amen to that

Im a huge pirates fan. so im a little concerned about a 4th movie. i sort of feel that the 3rd movie is where it should have ended.

BUT....since the 4th movei is now green lit i'm going to put my 2cents in.

i think that the next movie should be a prequel. and explore whats happened to jack before we saw him sailing into port royal on the top of a sinking boat. i could still have familiar faces, (minus will and elizibeth) and still be very fun. and it coudl start a whole new chapter
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast