Bob Iger has his eye on region specific content for the Bollywood audience in India. The new Walt Disney Pictures India is set to produce two such films. Blue Sky Disney describes the first two productions as follows -

"The 19th Step" - Starring top South Indian actor Kamal Hassan and featuring Japanese star Asano Tadanabo as well as Indian actress Asin, will be directed by Bharat Bala. The story revolves around the ancient Indian martial arts form Kalarippayattu and will be a multilingual Indian release."

"Zokkomon" - Starring top Indian child actor Darsheel Safari and directed by Satyajit Bhatkal. The story is known to be an imaginative, children's tale, but other than that, little is known about it."

Two other unannounced films will be shot in the near future as well. I am sure that many others will follow. The Bollywood audience is worldwide. My American friend of Indian decent has been showing me Indian movies for the past several years. They are quite entertaining. It is demonstration of intelligent foresight on Iger and the Walt Disney Comaney's part to tap into this market.

While discussing my enthusiasm over Disney theme parks with my American-India Indian pal one day, he related the rumor that he had heard from Indian entertainment media sources that Disney is seriously considering to build a theme park resort there. I think that the emphasis on region specific productions there adds further credence to the notion. Punjab is the most affluent Indian province in terms of economic wealth, cultural influence, and political power - much like Japan, Paris, and arguably Hong Kong are for their respective regions.

With all of this in mind, I believe the rumor about a resort being in the cards for India in the future. In addition, I feel the significance of Punjab supports my projection that a Disney theme park resort would most likely be located there. What do you think?