Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

How many times has this happened to a movie fanatic...?

Surfing the net or reading a magazine, we see early news of a far-off movie. And it sounds fantastic! I'm talking high-concept genius here! Just one sentence about the premise is enough to get you imagining a wonderfully constructed and realised piece of popcorn cinema.

And then it's released.

And the world collectively rolls its eyes with disappointment and starts the whole process again.

The most recent time this has happened to me was with Space Chimps (Chimps in space? OMG give that man a medal!). The title itself conjures hilarious mental images. So how come the film was so mediocre (and thats being kind)?

So I open the floodgates for what you got initially excited about only for your hopes to be smashed when the movie was released.

Its High Concept - Low Quality!

Over to you....
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: It seemed like a good idea at the time...

"The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" was just that for me..........sounded fun, but I was so unimpressed....and about 30 minutes, I had to turn it off..........because I wasn't even watching it anymore.......

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" was just that for me..........sounded fun, but I was so unimpressed....and about 30 minutes, I had to turn it off..........because I wasn't even watching it anymore.......
    That's one of my favorite movies.

Rent. Maybe I grew out of it...It wasn't as fun as it was in theaters/a real theater.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    That's one of my favorite movies.

Rent. Maybe I grew out of it...It wasn't as fun as it was in theaters/a real theater.
    I may have to give it another chance. When I watched it, we were just home from the hospital after my son was born........and he was having a colic-y crying spell.........so maybe I'll try it again......who knows.......whenever I have time...............which is not any time soon..

• Infinitized!

I just hope no one mentions Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Ok it wasn't as good as the first three but it was still a fun movie. And on top of that it brought us a new catchphrase to describe bad movies, Nuke the Fridge!

I haven't seen Love Guru yet, but I heard it Nuked the Fridge.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Wanted.

alot of people liked this movie. I thought it was boring as heck. And I SO wanted to like it. Angelina, guns...what could be better? Um....anything besides this movie..that's what. ick

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Borat.
    Total waste of time.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• 'splosions

i'd have to go with...

Superman Returns
    Bryan Singer + semi-reboot of the series x Kevin Spacey = awesomeness we all thought originally

=/

• MC State Comptroller

Spider-Man 3:

I'm thinking Venom and Thomas Haden Church as Sandman is going to kill! Then i see it and just weep! That movie was such a disappointment from start to end.

I just hope no one mentions Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    Sorry Barbossa. It was a fun movie but did not live up to the hype nor did it maintain previous story-lines i.e. Indy's father being immortal from drinking out of Christ's chalice in Last Crusade.

Those two are the ones from recent memory.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I...........really enjoyed...........that..............movie. But.........I.........guess............that's just..............me.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
    but did not live up to the hype nor did it maintain previous story-lines i.e. Indy's father being immortal from drinking out of Christ's chalice in Last Crusade.
    It was never established that Indy and his father were immortal once they left the temple. Taking into account what was said about the knight that left the temple (he died from "extreme" old age) and how they could not take the Holy Grail with them (and therefore its lasting effects as well) it can be assumed that they all returned to normal once they left.

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
    It was never established that Indy and his father were immortal once they left the temple. Taking into account what was said about the knight that left the temple (he died from "extreme" old age) and how they could not take the Holy Grail with them (and therefore its lasting effects as well) it can be assumed that they all returned to normal once they left.
    The nazi's wanted the cup, because it granted everlasting life. If it only granted everlasting life while in the temple, it would be worthless to everyone.
    Granted i have not seen the film in a few years, but according to Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The knight informs them that, if they wish for the Grail, they must choose wisely for it, for while drinking from the true Grail will bring them everlasting life, a false Grail will take it from them.
    So according to the movie both Senior and junior have everlasting life.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• On Autopilot

Maybe you'd have to drink from it every once in awhile? Like the Red Elixir from Harry Potter?

.... I really liked Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy.. :/ it's one of our favorite movies... it's just slow to start off; I blame the dumb song.

Personally, the movies I thought'd be epic were the 2nd and 3rd Pirates.

I kinda assumed the Holy Grail followed what Xena established as the rules of Ambrosia.

Person is wounded, pour it on, they're healed. No life effect.
    Person is dead, force it into them, they return to life. Simply reviving, not immortal.
    Perosn is alive and has the ambrosia, they become immortal.

I haven't seen Indy in a while, but I thought his dad was injured and on the verge of death, thus following rules one and two. Oh well...

• Oo-de-lally

The Happening...Don't know what I was thinking.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast