Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

what would you do if you are the CEO of the walt disney company?

What would you do if you were the CEO of Disney?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: what would you do if you are the CEO of the walt disney company?

I'd go to 'ground zero' - that being Disneyland.........and 'fix' what needs fixing - that being Tomorrowland.......I know there are 'walls' up around the place, but there is much more that needs fixing. Not only that, I'd market the 'fix' and make it visitable in 2010...for the 55th! As well, I'd also go and boost morale.....make it a 'fun' place to work again and even increase the wages in DLR by lowering my own income....

We'd get the 'imagination' going, that's for sure!

• Shablagoo!

Replace Jay Rasulo with Matt Quimett

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Wow.... what WOULDN'T I do??

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Wow.... what WOULDN'T I do??
    Is this one of those rhetorical questions?

If I had to guess, I'd bet that you would not...

1. Bulldoze Disneyland and put a Taco stand in it's place.
    2. Release a Mickey Mouse cereal with little tiny jagged metal "Hidden Mickeys"
    3. Rehire Paul Pressler
    4. Release Song of the South on Betamax

I would bring back Vault Disney on the Disney Channel. I would burn all records of the High School Musical franchise and have everyone involved assassinated. I would start a campaign to slowly refurbish Epcot into a modernized version of what it was when it first opened (ie, the classic informative dark rides, with an added thrill element to make it marketable). I would also change the name back to EPCOT Center. Basically, I would effectively restore many of the relics of my Disney past, but in a modernized setting.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboi92 View Post
    What would you do if you were the CEO of Disney?
    To drop the reality bomb here. If I was CEO of Disney (Disney, not the Disney Parks division) I would put a new leadership team in place and work on renewing the corporate culture back to core values, including 180 feedback for ALL employees (from what I hear, a lack of that seems to be a problem)

A CEO does not have the time to get involved in something like day to day operations of a land in a park,

Dropping the CEO pay to $0 would give everyone in DisneyLAND about a $1 an hour raise. Not everyone in the Disney company. If you wanted to be fair and give everyone employed by the Disney Companies a raise, they would all get about 15 cents an hour more.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Is this one of those rhetorical questions?

If I had to guess, I'd bet that you would not...

1. Bulldoze Disneyland and put a Taco stand in it's place.
    2. Release a Mickey Mouse cereal with little tiny jagged metal "Hidden Mickeys"
    3. Rehire Paul Pressler
    4. Release Song of the South on Betamax
    Well, ever since Del Taco bought out Naugles, and "Taco De Carlos" closed, Anaheim's had a need for good fast food Mexican...

There are still a couple of shops at DL that the "retail genius" Pressler didn't completely trash. Why threaten such a perfect record?

And I knew that there was a good reason for hanging on to the old Beta VCR...(Beta was superior to VHS, in my view)

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FutureProbeMe View Post
    I would bring back Vault Disney on the Disney Channel.
    It looks as if the old Disney film library is beginning to be opened up by Turner Classic Movies...

I think the Disney Channel is getting marketed almost entirely to the tween market... But there is some evidence that there may be some expansion of Disney's market, as it appears the Company trying to address the needs of even younger viewers by sepparating them from what is intended for older viewers. The francise that is starting this trend is Fairies...

I predict that soon we may see a split of the Disney Channel a possable of yet another expanded channel if this francise is successful.

--------------------------

That being said, I would attempt to revitalise the Miramax, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures film units... Put more emphasis on continued market research to developing West Coast DVC choices... Buyout Great Wolf Resorts, and convert them to Disney Theming and Quality...

Reduce the size of upper managment, and cut bonuses as a cost protecting measure... However I would not do so for the average CM's who are largely underpaid as it is... I would go and personally meet each upper manager and have a frank discussion with them telling them how important they are durring this market downturn and that the only way we can weather this is to work together.... I would lead this by publicly taking pay cut to bring the CEO salery in line with other companys - maybe even take a contract worth $1 like Steve Jobs and Katz.

Once everyone got their "haircut" - I would however look to resturcture and boost dividend beyond it's current 1.5 % yeald to something along the lines of 3% and make it quarterly disbursments... Because I think companys that reduce their dividend in this market are going to hurt themselves in the long run... Particulary if you can't find financing... It sounds counter intuitive, but DIS hords their cash too much so they can pay upper managment an outragous contract...

Currently the way DIS Stock is structured the only time people want to buy stock is durring the holidays... Likely as gifts...

Anyway, bringing up the yeild hopefully would drive the value of DIS up in the market, and use the increased market cap to secure credit lines... Because it looks like Disney's relationship with Barclays (formerly Lehmond Brothers) is turning sour... And every little bit here helps.
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    It looks as if the old Disney film library is beginning to be opened up by Turner Classic Movies...

I think the Disney Channel is getting marketed almost entirely to the tween market... But there is some evidence that there may be some expansion of Disney's market, as it appears the Company trying to address the needs of even younger viewers by sepparating them from what is intended for older viewers. The francise that is starting this trend is Fairies...

I predict that soon we may see a split of the Disney Channel a possable of yet another expanded channel if this francise is successful.

--------------------------

That being said, I would attempt to revitalise the Miramax, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures film units... Put more emphasis on continued market research to developing West Coast DVC choices... Buyout Great Wolf Resorts, and convert them to Disney Theming and Quality...

Reduce the size of upper managment, and cut bonuses as a cost protecting measure... However I would not do so for the average CM's who are largely underpaid as it is... I would go and personally meet each upper manager and have a frank discussion with them telling them how important they are durring this market downturn and that the only way we can weather this is to work together.... I would lead this by publicly taking pay cut to bring the CEO salery in line with other companys - maybe even take a contract worth $1 like Steve Jobs and Katz.

Once everyone got their "haircut" - I would however look to resturcture and boost dividend beyond it's current 1.5 % yeald to something along the lines of 3% and make it quarterly disbursments... Because I think companys that reduce their dividend in this market are going to hurt themselves in the long run... Particulary if you can't find financing... It sounds counter intuitive, but DIS hords their cash too much so they can pay upper managment an outragous contract...

Currently the way DIS Stock is structured the only time people want to buy stock is durring the holidays... Likely as gifts...

Anyway, bringing up the yeild hopefully would drive the value of DIS up in the market, and use the increased market cap to secure credit lines... Because it looks like Disney's relationship with Barclays (formerly Lehmond Brothers) is turning sour... And every little bit here helps.
    regarding your idea of the changes at headquarters I would take it one step further and suggest this:

in addition to reducing the salar(ies) of the board of directors and ceo's:
    1) no one at headquarters gets shares of stock, only current shareholders and castmembers(theme parks and disney stores, of course)
    2) no more "preferred stock" and other "stock options" for board members
    3) salary cap of $100,000 per year for board members.
    4) reduce the benefits package(s) for board members to basic benefits(health care, medical, dental, ssi,unemployment, ONE savings account,and savings bonds)
    5) give back to the cast members the benefits they rightfully deserve(regardless of status, and senority)
    6) change in the company governance policy: we the shareholders and cms do not have to wait till the shareholder meeting. if something comes up that we feel does not meet with the original standards that Walt Disney set for the company, we can and should approve of and carry out an interterm shareholder meeting(absentee ballots for those who cannot attend the meeting, or a link to a website to vote if we like I said cannot attend the meeting)
    7) give all cast members a pay raise of $3 a year for the heck of it.

• Showus your Larboard side

Hire a bunch of real smart people that I like and go do what all good CEO's do, play golf or cruise on my yacht.

Mike
    golfless in Lakeside

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by One_Rev View Post
    Hire a bunch of real smart people that I like and go do what all good CEO's do, play golf or cruise on my yacht.

Mike
    golfless in Lakeside

1. Bring the current DL Enchanted Tiki Room show to WDW-Orlando forever.
    2. Give the CM's better pay, and make their work environment so great that they will be the envy of the industry. Happy CMs make the Disney Parks the greatest!
    3. Reduce my pay and any subsequent CEO's pay to $1 per year.
    4. Resign and place Roy Disney in charge

Yeah, Id be out of a job, but Id get a Christmas card from Roy Disney every year!

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to everyone!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by puntagordabob View Post
    1. Bring the current DL Enchanted Tiki Room show to WDW-Orlando forever.
    2. Give the CM's better pay, and make their work environment so great that they will be the envy of the industry. Happy CMs make the Disney Parks the greatest!
    3. Reduce my pay and any subsequent CEO's pay to $1 per year.
    4. Resign and place Roy Disney in charge

Yeah, Id be out of a job, but Id get a Christmas card from Roy Disney every year!

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to everyone!
    re: Idea #1:
    idea 2: yep!!!! I agree!!!
    idea 3: thats a little drastic. give the ceo and board something
    idea 4: yes yes YES!!!! Roy Disney needs to be the ceo I agree

i would have a team go to all the attractions and see what needs to be updated and then make it happen !!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast