Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Man O Lantern

Re: "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" is PG-13!

I'll be bringing all three of my daughters to the movie, probably the day it's released.

My ten year old has read all the books repeatedly and lives for them. She thinks the movies are okay, but given the choice between reading one of the book and watching the movie, she'd choose the book.

My seven year old has the first three movies memorized and is 3/4 of the way through reading Book 4. She has to finish it before she sees the movie. This is her first extremely large book and she just started it a month ago. This book has opened doors for her....she wants to move on to the Lord of the Rings books! If a series of books can inspire SO many kids to dig in and READ a huge volume, then that has to be a good thing.

My four year old has been read the first two books and Chamber of Secrets is her all-time favorite movie. She freaking LOVES it.

I can't wait for the movie. It's a HUGE deal in our household. What's really cool for me is that my husband has been converted. He didn't read ANY of the book until the third movie came out on DVD. He read them all, and then watched all three movies....the guy NEVER reads. I'm so glad he did it, since the rest of us love HP so much. It meant a lot.

• lol

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell

My ten year old has read all the books repeatedly and lives for them. She thinks the movies are okay, but given the choice between reading one of the book and watching the movie, she'd choose the book.

My seven year old has the first three movies memorized and is 3/4 of the way through reading Book 4. She has to finish it before she sees the movie. This is her first extremely large book and she just started it a month ago. This book has opened doors for her....she wants to move on to the Lord of the Rings books! If a series of books can inspire SO many kids to dig in and READ a huge volume, then that has to be a good thing.

My four year old has been read the first two books and Chamber of Secrets is her all-time favorite movie. She freaking LOVES it.
    That is great that your children are into reading! Absolutely spectacular!

• insufferable know-it-all

Oh dear, I hope LOTR doesn't turn her back OFF reading! I attempted to read the Hobbit once (as an adult, no less), and couldn't drag my way through it. And this from someone who has read unabridged Victor Hugo novels!

But I'm so terribly proud of your 7-year old making it through the huge books. That's quite an achievement at her age, and a testament to the power of GOOD children's literature.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Not surprised at the PG-13 rating. Seems appropriate to me story and thematic wise.

One of the things I've really enjoyed about reading these books is that each year covers one in Harry's life. The first book is on an 11 year old's reading level, and book six is not so much.

The characters age and grow, and the reading level of the books seems to grow along with them. Why shouldn't the films'?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Here's an international teaser one-sheet
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Diamond In The Rough

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom
    Oh! I'd love to see Judy Dench as Umbridge!! Perfect casting, Morrigoon!!
    I always thought Dawn French would make a great Umbridge, but Cuaron wasted her as the Fat Lady in Azkaban. (Why change her from Elizabeth Spriggs?)

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• My cuties!

Oh Dawn French would have been a good Umbridge!! I love The Vicar of Dibley!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12