View Poll Results: Which of Johnny Depp's Three Upcoming Films Excite You Most

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Capn Jack is back! Pirates 4: Fountain of Youth

6 28.57%
  • Tim Burton's Live-Action / CG version of Alice In Wonderland. Hats off to the Hatter.

7 33.33%
  • Lone Ranger as Tonto

1 4.76%
  • Look forward to all thee films equally.

6 28.57%
  • Why doesn't Disney produce vampire horror flick Dark Shadows starring Depp?

0 0%
  • All of these movies suck -even more than vampires do.

1 4.76%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Three Coming Movies For Disney-Depp Lovers -Pirates 4, Lone Ranger, and Alice Remake

Everybodies favorite offbeat pirate, Johnny Depp, is set to film three new Disney films.

PIRATES 4

New Photo-Johnny Depp Bringing Captain Jack Back! at The Insider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=v1F6NVhzjbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=gPX2ZghiLjg

Adding to the history making iconic POTC series is Pirates 4: Fountain of Youth. Reprising their roles will be Johnny, probably BloomGeoferry Rush, and hopefully Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom. In crimson hot pursuit of the Fountain of Youth are Captains Outrageous Sparrow and Barbosa. I think the uncertainty over Depp's three co-stars is a nothing more than bunch of studio hype to stir up more interest over the film. The rease date is TBA - expected to be Summer, 2011. See the teaser and triler above.

LONE RANGER

Update: Johnny Depp Playing Tonto in The Lone Ranger - ComingSoon.net

Hi-Yo Silver, Away! Perhaps I should have said Hi-Yo Tonto! Depp has signed to play the roll of the Lone Ranger's faithful Indian sidekick. Directing the new Lone Ranger flick will be Jeff Berolzheimer. Geore Clooney will assume the itle role of the Lone Ranger - former Texas Ranger that is. Words come about that Depp showed up at a meeting with Disney execs wearing his Pirates costume while donning a Lone Ranger mask. Savvy Kemosabe? LOL!

The release date will be March5, 2010.

ALICE IN WONDERLAND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=jg9JnEBvLZQ

The diabolical and creepy colaberative team of Tim Burton and Depp are at it again in Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland - a live-actn / CG version. Depp is sure to drive us Mad as the Hatter, especially on our unbirthdays.

Alice will be played by Mia Wasikowska. Anne Hathaway ecently landed the role of the White Queen, and is extremely excited about it. For one thing, she sends Alice on a missionto seek out and destroy a creature called the Bandersnatch. hmmmm well ..um needless to say, I'm extremely excited about White Queen Anne - and her tarts. Whoops! The Queen of Hearts is the one with the tasty tarts. How knave of me.

Burton's wife, Helena Bonham Carter will assume the role of the Red Queen. Matt Lucas will Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum down the audience. Other actors include Michel Sheen, Geroldine James, Eleanor Tomlinson and Frances de la Tour. The film is set to debut in 2010.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-20-2008 at 12:33 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Three Coming Movies For Disney-Depp Lovers -Pirates 4, Lone Ranger, and Alice Rem

I'm ready for another Pirate movie! But do we know for sure that Rush, Bloom, Knightley have all signed on???????????????????

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Three Coming Movies For Disney-Depp Lovers -Pirates 4, Lone Ranger, and Alice Rem

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I'm ready for another Pirate movie! But do we know for sure that Rush, Bloom, Knightley have all signed on???????????????????
    According to Movies and Television Sabla (english sabla) and various other sources, Rush is expected to return. Few movie sites have ruled out Knightly and Bloom. It would seem to me unorthodox if not commercially impossible to rule Rush out - and many sites expect him too return. I suppose we could do without Knightly and Bloon, but I love their characters and wouldn't want to see that.

I think Disney is intentionally creating a debate among fans by not signing the other three stars up untill it becomes time for the film's release. In the meantime, Disney;s official teaser and trailer features each of the characters, albeit from scenes at the end of World's End. Still, i think it is logical to assume, based on this, that all will be back.

Pirates of The Caribbean 4: Fountain Of Youth - English Sabla

"Walt Disney has been planning to release the fourth installment of its most successful trilogy ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 4‘ in 2011.Though many reports are conflicting on how the studio get on the fourth film, many favors that the fourth film will focus solely on the renowned Captain Jack Sparrow.

Further, it was said that as the studio is trying to downsize the film’s budget, the fourth installment would probably have a lighter take on the special effects.

Although there has been no definitive word yet on if or when Walt Disney Pictures and producer Jerry Bruckheimer might set sail on a fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie, indeed, both the cast and the filmmakers said while promoting last summer’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End that the franchise would be taking a well-deserved break, rumors have now surfaced about the plot to Pirates 4. So, The production might not begin until sometime between 2009-2011.

Johnny Depp is all but set to reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow. Also reportedly expected to return are co-star Geoffrey Rush.

It could be disappointment for fans that Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley are not expected to be back, but it’s not official yet.

”Pirates 4 “would toss the Elizabeth & Will characters [portrayed by Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom, respectively] over the side in favor of doing a bawdy buddy picture which would star Jack Sparrow & Barbossa. Where both captains of the Black Pearl would initially be competing for the exact same prize.But eventually all the double crossing would have to stop as these two rivals were then forced to join forces in order to defeat some supernatural terror.”

The first three ‘Pirates’ films which features Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley have been extremely successful as it gained millions of dollars each.

The first film ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl’ has grossed $305.4 million domestically and $654.3 million worldwide.

Further, ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest’ got better reception by earning $423.3 in North America only and over one billion dollars around the world, while the third ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End’ reached $961 million in its worldwide sales."
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-20-2008 at 12:41 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Another pirate movie? Ugh. The 3rd one was bad enough. Well, it wasn't that bad but was definitely at least a half hour too long. I'm starting to feel the buzzkill.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Another pirate movie? Ugh. The 3rd one was bad enough. Well, it wasn't that bad but was definitely at least a half hour too long. I'm starting to feel the buzzkill.
    Uh Oh! Uh Oh! The buzz is killed for thee.

Yo Ho! Yo Ho! It's Pirates 4 for me!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Just listening to the music in those video got me all reved up for another go!

I definitely want to see Rush in the next movie. Doesn't matter whether the other 2 appear in it, or just have cameos. Would love to see another one or two new "interesting type characters" come aboard the next adventure.

Who was sword fighting with Depp at the end of one of those clips? Was that person one of the pirate lords?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Just listening to the music in those video got me all reved up for another go!

I definitely want to see Rush in the next movie. Doesn't matter whether the other 2 appear in it, or just have cameos. Would love to see another one or two new "interesting type characters" come aboard the next adventure.

Who was sword fighting with Depp at the end of one of those clips? Was that person one of the pirate lords?
    I have no way of knowing who the swashbuckler is. You're likely right, Alladin, that it is a pirate lord - judging by his unique fancy attire. Glad you're revved up. the music is loud, proud and exciting.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-20-2008 at 06:16 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly, if they ditch Bloom and Knightly and go down a different story-arc, I'd be fine with it. Plus, presumably when Jack and Barbossa are going after the Fountain of Youth, Blooms character would be "Davey Jones". So could have a part in it, I'd guess.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Got to get me some Captain Jack! I will never get tired of Johnny playing Sparrow. I read somewhere that that is his favorite character to play.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Why doesn't Disney produce vampire horror flick Dark Shadows starring Depp?
    Not owning the rights or being able to produce and market cute & adorable plushes, kids pajamas and other merchandise could provide large obstacles for the Disney company, their partners and advertisers.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Directly directed

I read an interview with Ted and Terry about the fourth pirates and they said that Will and Elizabeth's storyline was finished.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Not owning the rights or being able to produce and market cute & adorable plushes, kids pajamas and other merchandise could provide large obstacles for the Disney company, their partners and advertisers.
    Hello ALIASd, and Yes ..you did answer the question thoroughly and quite well in terms of the various reasons why Disney would not produce the coming Dark Shadows movie and put Depp in it. I meant for that choice to be more of a funny one rather than a literal question. First and foremost, blood curdling horror movies are not consistent with the image of the Disney brand. Then, there's also the little matters such as Disney not owning the film franchise, or marketing license.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-23-2008 at 11:04 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I read an interview with Ted and Terry about the fourth pirates and they said that Will and Elizabeth's storyline was finished.
    Hi there, Alice. Somehow, I get the feeling that this is your kind of a movie. LOL!

Will and Elizabeth may well have made their last voyage. However, there is no conclusive evidence of this - and the production of the film will not commense for some time yet..

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I heard Shia LaBeouf is being considered for a part as a new pirate. Half way through the movie it will be revealed that he is Jack Sparrow's long lost son who goes by the name Johnny Chickadee...

Heck it worked for Indy, probably not for pirates.

• Dreamer

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

sorry folks..the POTC trailer is a big fake..

Writer Terry Rossio Says Pirates 4 Talk Is Untrue | Filmonic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast